Getaway Refurb Whirlpool

19 minutes ago, cabincop said:

Does anyone know if Getaway will get rid of hot tubs in old spa cabins? What will they do will the old space? Sofa? Thanks everyone 

I just booked one for this Fall. It’s now called an HI and is still advertised as having the whirlpool.

If they take the hot tub  out, I’m not sure what would distinguish these rooms as Haven. They are already outside the Haven complex.

1 minute ago, roddy good boy said:

they take the hot tub  out, I’m not sure what would distinguish these rooms as Haven. They are already

I agree but Getaway is doing a dry dock in May. I know Joy has cabins outside of Haven no hot tubs in those cabins. But they are much bigger. I want to book one of these cabins. I just wish they had elevators just for the Haven like on Prima. 

2 minutes ago, cabincop said:

I agree but Getaway is doing a dry dock in May. I know Joy has cabins outside of Haven no hot tubs in those cabins. But they are much bigger. I want to book one of these cabins. I just wish they had elevators just for the Haven like on Prima. 

Well, I contracted for a hot tub (retired attorney here). You could try to get a straight answer from NCL. But, who knows what last minute changes NCL may make! However, I don’t think they would still continue to advertise the cabins one way, while reconstructing them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

Well, I contracted for a hot tub (retired attorney here). You could try to get a straight answer from NCL. But, who knows what last minute changes NCL may make! However, I don’t think they would still continue to advertise the cabins one way, while reconstructing them. 

We’ll have to wait till June & her first cruise after dry dock 

1 minute ago, cabincop said:

We’ll have to wait till June & her first cruise after dry dock 

I’ll report back if I’m notified of a change and/or offered compensation for my ‘inconvenience.’

I will not be amused!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't imagine a reason why they would remove  these  whirlpool tubs from the Getaway cabins.  All the plumbing  has been in place since the  ship first  sailed.  Why tear out  something that hasn't  been  a problem?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Why tear out  something that hasn't  been  a problem?

I agree with you. I was reading about one ship. Prima maybe, where they have time limits on use of hot tubs on private decks. It sounded like the hot tubs weren’t even worth putting in. But Getaway had them for years and never had a problem so hopefully not.

• Like 1

Hot tubs are not whirlpools. The Pr1ma and V!va issues are an actual hot tub. The whirlpool tubs on Getaway are just a larger tub, similar to the bath tub my husband and I have in our home. It's not a hot tub. 

Also, based on a few reports from this weekend, it seems the V!va hot tubs are now working without the time limits and issues being reported before. Hopefully this is the same for Pr1ma or will be worked on during Pr1ma's Transatlantic this week and next. 

The HI rooms on Getaway are lovely! We enjoyed our stay in 14130 way back in April, 2022.

• Like 2

I hope they don't remove them. Some day I may be lucky enough to enjoy them. I would love to have my own private whirlpool. I enjoy a nice bath, and do not like the trend of hotels going to just showers and not the tub/shower combo. Having a tub option on the cruise ship is nice for people who want to soak their sore muscles or bathe children. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hot tubs are not whirlpools. The Pr1ma and V!va issues are an actual hot tub. The whirlpool tubs on Getaway are just a larger tub, similar to the bath tub my husband and I have in our home. It's not a hot tub. 

Also, based on a few reports from this weekend, it seems the V!va hot tubs are now working without the time limits and issues being reported before. Hopefully this is the same for Pr1ma or will be worked on during Pr1ma's Transatlantic this week and next. 

The HI rooms on Getaway are lovely! We enjoyed our stay in 14130 way back in April, 2022.

Agreed! I hadn’t read the other thread and didn’t understand the OP’s concern. I used the terms interchangeably but cruiseny4life is correct, the HI have a small whirlpool. And, it really only comfortably fits one person at a time. It’s a nice perk to have after a long touring day, but the primary attraction of the HI’s is that it’s the least expensive way to be part of the Haven. (And, it used to include free spa access. However, that’s sadly no longer the case). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I can't imagine a reason why they would remove  these  whirlpool tubs from the Getaway cabins.  All the plumbing  has been in place since the  ship first  sailed.  Why tear out  something that hasn't  been  a problem?

Some of them have been problematic.  Ours began leaking during a Trans Atlantic cruise.  They managed to repair it within a day, then our stateroom attendant spent most of the rest of the day mopping up the mess.

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

If you're talking about the Getaway's Trans Atlantic cruise that April, you and I were neighbors.  We also had a Haven Spa stateroom on that cruise.

3 hours ago, roddy good boy said:

the primary attraction of the HI’s is that it’s the least expensive way to be part of the Haven. (And, it used to include free spa access. However, that’s sadly no longer the case). 

Bummer!  That's one of the main reasons we booked it for April of 2022.  Access to the spa at no extra cost was wonderful, especially with so many sea days on a TA.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Some of them have been problematic.  Ours began leaking during a Trans Atlantic cruise.  They managed to repair it within a day, then our stateroom attendant spent most of the rest of the day mopping up the mess.

We haven't ever had a problem with them.  Glad they fixed yours promptly. 

Many Haven cabins have a combination shower and narrow tub that is difficult to step into for showering.  We love the separate shower and the oversized whirlpool tub in these cabins.  In my opinion the value the tub adds to these cabins would outweigh occasional plumbing issues

We used to always book the Spa Haven because of the price point (considering the cost of the Thermal Suite pass). We love the tub!!!

Now, we're booking the forward facing Haven rooms for the extra space and price point. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We used to always book the Spa Haven because of the price point (considering the cost of the Thermal Suite pass). We love the tub!!!

Now, we're booking the forward facing Haven rooms for the extra space and price point. 

Yes!   On the Joy (with no former spa haven cabins), we absolutely LOVED the Forward Facing Haven.  So nice having that outer living room. We are planning another FF Haven next year😎

• Like 1