Can you transfer a cruise to another one after payment date

Did you book a refundable deposit rate or a non-refundable deposit?  If you are allowed to transfer the cruise payment don't be surprised to be charged $100 per person as a change fee. And hopefully you have cruise insurance, so check the terms and details of the insurance policy.  Best of wishes to you.  

I just had this happen and I called in - for $100 per person I was able to move my reservation to a future cruise.   This was a non-refundable fare that had already been paid in full (it was 10 days prior to embarkation). 

I hope your husband gets better soon!

• Like 6

My wife has pneumonia and we had to cancel our Hawaii cruise a few days before departure. We were denied the possibility of moving it. But we should get it all back from her credit card insurance.

I agree with the $100 pp fee.    The OP states the cruise is AFTER FINAL PAYMENT date --- their cruise is in about 3 weeks..  

I may be wrong but I believe the change fee and ability to change is only valid prior to Final Payment Date.   After that date cancellation fees per a schedule will apply.   It varies by length of cruise and country of booking.    The OP should have the details on their booking or Cruise Documents.

Thus the recommendation of travel insurance.  

• Like 1