New booking questions

Good day everyone,  I have just booked my first Azamara cruise for August 2025 and paid the deposit.  I cannot view any excursions and  am assuming it is due to the the cruise being so far into 2025.  I have read other posts on cruisers having difficulty accessing excursions and would like to know when I can expect them to be available to book.  I have followed suggestions listed here.  Also on my reservation document there is a place to enter  a "Booking Code" which I cannot locate.  I have a reservation number but no other numbers or codes.  Also the itinerary currently shows departure from Chioggia however a cruisetimetable site listed the cruise as departing from Marghera.  I suppose once again the cruise is too far in the future to confirm a depature port.  Thank you for your assistance in answering my queries.  

Posted (edited)

Firstly your Reservation number is your booking code, that is what you should enter when setting up your Azamara Account. Once you have set up your account, you should see Upcoming Cruises. Click on that then on Manage my Reservation. After that scroll down to Shore Excursions, then click on the paper/pencil icon on the right. That will show any available excursions (although as your cruise is not for well over a year, there may not yet be too many available).

Think you may be right that it’s possibly too early to confirm the departure port.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

Thank you, something worked as I  was able to access the few excursions that are available although it said my booking number was invalid.  This site is quite a departure from my previous sailings with Viking.  This board is invaluable so far and I've only been booked for 4 days!!!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Travelswithmycamera said:

Thank you, something worked as I  was able to access the few excursions that are available although it said my booking number was invalid.  This site is quite a departure from my previous sailings with Viking.  This board is invaluable so far and I've only been booked for 4 days!!!

Have you had a look at the topic ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies?

My Journey cruise for Sept. 6, 2025 still shows no excursions available.  I assume it's just too far out.  So I looked up earlier Azamara cruises going to my ports and made a list of what I can expect to see when they post them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm booked on an April 2025 Italy Intensive and asked for a PDF of excursions. Only the first port, Livorno was available and the AZ rep said no others were sales until 220 days out.

• Thanks 1

I am seeing some crazy prices on excursions for 12/2024 cruise.

Like Catamaran trip that costs $5000 pp!

And accessible tours that cost $900 pp! 
I keep checking back, but the prices have not been corrected……

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

I am seeing some crazy prices on excursions for 12/2024 cruise.

Like Catamaran trip that costs $5000 pp!

And accessible tours that cost $900 pp! 
I keep checking back, but the prices have not been corrected……

Perhaps you should consider applying for a HELOC to afford those prices? 😁

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Travelswithmycamera said:

Also the itinerary currently shows departure from Chioggia however a cruisetimetable site listed the cruise as departing from Marghera.

Sites like CruiseMapper and CruiseTimetables are just aggregators that scrape information from the rest of the Internet and are often neither accurate nor up to date.  If Azamara are saying Chioggia, then it's highly likely that they will have booked the berth and that's where you'll be docking.

• Like 2

As Jazzbeau suggests look for a similar itinerary this year and check out its excursions - they’re likely to be pretty much the same, just more expensive next year. Either start or wait for a Roll Call  in cruise critic. Azamara Roll Call is usually very active with fellow cruisers sharing info and looking for like minded people for private excursions.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Travelswithmycamera said:

Yikes I hope we are an independent sailing group and can arrange our own tours in groups or otherwise.  In the meantime I will continue to enjoy the board conversations and information on Azamara Onward Med sailings.  

You can arrange your own tours, which you probably will find beneficial as you are traveling as a group.  I expect you may find the same though, that it is too far out and many tour guides/ companies are not offering anything yet.  

Edited by laurieb

I have a cruise coming up in six weeks and wanted to compare Azamara's excursion prices to some independent tours.   But now, although I can see the excursions, I cannot see any prices!   I have tried a couple of ways to try to access the excursions, but I still see just a description and no price.    Any suggestions??  (btw, I did manage to see prices some weeks ago, when I purchased one as part of the OBC shore excursions credit.)

22 minutes ago, mare s. said:

I have a cruise coming up in six weeks and wanted to compare Azamara's excursion prices to some independent tours.   But now, although I can see the excursions, I cannot see any prices!   I have tried a couple of ways to try to access the excursions, but I still see just a description and no price.    Any suggestions??  (btw, I did manage to see prices some weeks ago, when I purchased one as part of the OBC shore excursions credit.)

Presumably you have logged into your account, clicked Manage my Reservation & clicked on the paper & pencil icon & then on the available tab. If so & you can’t see the prices, try through a different browser such as Chrome

22 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Presumably you have logged into your account, clicked Manage my Reservation & clicked on the paper & pencil icon & then on the available tab. If so & you can’t see the prices, try through a different browser such as Chrome

Managed to find them again.  Thanks!    The website is certainly not terribly user friendly.

On 5/3/2024 at 9:01 AM, mare s. said:

I have noticed, on our cruises coming up this month (!!!) that there are excursions showing with no prices; they are the ones that have sold out.  Available ones are still showing prices.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bluemusicnut said:

For our cruise, Springtime Wonders, I see no prices for any excursion. Surely, they can’t all be sold,out?

Try logging into your account, clicking on Upcoming Cruises, then on Manage my Reservation for your cruise, then scroll down to excursions click on the paper/pencil icon then on the Available tab. Clicking on details for each excursion should show the price.

12 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Try logging into your account, clicking on Upcoming Cruises, then on Manage my Reservation for your cruise, then scroll down to excursions click on the paper/pencil icon then on the Available tab. Clicking on details for each excursion should show the price.

Right you are!  Thanks.

• Like 1