Bringing non-alcoholic drinks onboard

I’m a non-drinker but my husband will drink alcohol. I’ve tried with Celebrity to be able to have different packages with no luck unless I have a medical reason.  I just can’t justify $2k Canadian for the privilege of not paying per drink. I’d like to bring on bottled water or pop.  Is there any policy preventing us bringing our own water or soda when we board or from the various ports?  I’m aware of the two bottles of wine per person.

You can check the FAQs, but basically you can bring on as much non alcoholic beverages that you can hand carry ON EMBARKATION  DAY. Feel free to include bottled water if you wish; but the tap water on board is perfectly drinkable, and you can get a glass of ice water at any bar or dining room, or from he dispensers in the buffet. You might want to bring a reusable  water bottle  instead of disposable bottles.

39 minutes ago, DLWood said:

I’m a non-drinker but my husband will drink alcohol. I’ve tried with Celebrity to be able to have different packages with no luck unless I have a medical reason.  I just can’t justify $2k Canadian for the privilege of not paying per drink. I’d like to bring on bottled water or pop.  Is there any policy preventing us bringing our own water or soda when we board or from the various ports?  I’m aware of the two bottles of wine per person.

I believe that it is back to one bottle of wine per person, max two per cabin.

• Thanks 1

We took a carry on with 1.5 cases of pop. We wheeled the suitcase right onto the ship.  They did make me open it to be sure it wasn't alcohol,  but no problems.  This was on Ascent in FLL in March. 

15 minutes ago, Minorhawk said:

We took a carry on with 1.5 cases of pop. We wheeled the suitcase right onto the ship.  They did make me open it to be sure it wasn't alcohol,  but no problems.  This was on Ascent in FLL in March. 

This is helpful. Thank you

As long as you aren't sailing out of Sydney you should be ok.  I recently left from there and like in the states I was going to send a packaged case of sparkling water and they literally started screaming that they would confiscate it if I sent it through the luggage.  I told them it was WATER and you could clearly see it was and they still said if you give it to us it will be confiscated!  So then we had to keep one of our roller boards so that we could balance the thing.  My husband has a herniated disk and we were forced to carry this while in a huge line for about 40 minutes!  Ridiculous.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

I believe that it is back to one bottle of wine per person, max two per cabin.

^^^^^ this is the current wine allowance.^^^

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, camella said:

we were forced to carry this while in a huge line for about 40 minutes!  Ridiculous.

Erm... it's right on the FAQs. If you want to bring it on board, you gave to hand carry it. You can't dump it with your checked luggage. 40 minutes in line -Next time bring a bungie cord.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mom says said:

Erm... it's right on the FAQs. If you want to bring it on board, you gave to hand carry it. You can't dump it with your checked luggage. 40 minutes in line -Next time bring a bungie cord.

Yep - travel agent said otherwise and since it had been years since I was on Royal I didn't check. I've always just gotten a water package and it included both but for some reason it only included still water.

Just tell them that you are a recovering alcoholic, no proof required.  It doesn't have to be true. You can then pay for the Zero Proof package while your husband pays for the package of his choice.

I'm too lazy to haul things like cases of pop on a ship. We've calculated the costs and what/how much we drink (I drink alcohol, he does not), it's way cheaper to just pay by the drink if you're a moderate drinker. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2024 at 7:43 PM, mom says said:

You can check the FAQs, but basically you can bring on as much non alcoholic beverages that you can hand carry ON EMBARKATION  DAY. Feel free to include bottled water if you wish; but the tap water on board is perfectly drinkable, and you can get a glass of ice water at any bar or dining room, or from he dispensers in the buffet. You might want to bring a reusable  water bottle  instead of disposable bottles.

Not sure why you had to shout it, but you are not limited to embarkation day for soft drinks.  You can bring them on at any time while in port.  I have not cruised extensively outside of US ports or Caribbean, so perhaps a particular port may have a different restriction, but generally speaking you can bring on soft drinks or water any time

• Thanks 1

Just another agreement that the water on board is fine to drink. I bring a water bottle and then use a glass in the Oceanview Cafe multiple times to fill it up - they don't want you to fill directly into your own container - or fill from bathroom sink. For a regular water drinker the lemonade in the Oceanview is also a nice change and I find tasty. They have juice at breakfast - had grapefruit each morning last cruise as don't drink that at home either.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Not sure why you had to shout it, but you are not limited to embarkation day for soft drinks.  You can bring them on at any time while in port.  I have not cruised extensively outside of US ports or Caribbean, so perhaps a particular port may have a different restriction, but generally speaking you can bring on soft drinks or water any time

No shouting; but perhaps you would be so kind as to demonstrate how to add emphasis to a particular point  without using caps. And I was quoting from the Celebrity FAQs. I don't usually recommend breaking the published policies when replying to a poster.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, mom says said:

No shouting; but perhaps you would be so kind as to demonstrate how to add emphasis to a particular point  without using caps.

Top left corner of the posting area:  A capital B which will bold what you highlight first then click the B; or the capital I which will italicize the word;  or the capital U to underline the words or phrases. Option 4 is all three at the same time by clicking them after you type the text in full.

Edited by BeasleysMom66
  • Like 2

we brought a 12 pack of soda per person on our March cruise on Reflection out of Port Everglades. We hand carried it onboard. We loved the fact that X allows you to drop off the luggage in your cabin before it's actually ready to be used.

So, 3 12-packs lasted the 3 of us exactly the length of our 8 night cruise.