3rd Adult without Plus Package

Yet another Plus Package question...I searched but couldn't find the answer to this specific question.

I will be the 3rd adult in our cabin. The first 2 adults (DH and DS) have the plus package included as a promotion during booking. I am 3 months post-op gastric sleeve surgery and don't drink alcohol, sugary drinks, soda, or specialty coffee; I barely eat 3 oz of food per meal; and don't really need internet for this Alaska sailing. However, I might enjoy the fitness classes. 

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that certain benefits are tied to the individual (drinks especially) but some benefits are just pooled for the cabin (casual dining, fitness classes). DH and DS certainly won't use the free fitness classes, and if they aren't, it would be nice to use them myself.  Has anyone had any experience with whether some of the plus benefits can be shared among cabin mates? Just curious (and I'm certainly willing to pay for the classes if necessary!)

I do not believe any plus benefits are pooled. They are individual. Maybe, just maybe, if you go to the spa together, your cabin mate may be able to use two classes on their account. You would have to try it.

• Like 1

Princess answers this question in their FAQ:

"10. Can items in Princess Plus or Princess Premier be shared across guests in the stateroom, even if 3rd and 4th guests don’t have these packages?
For the Princess Premier package the following items can be shared across all guests: Wi-Fi for 4 devices per guest, the digital photo portion of the Photo Package and reserved theater seating. Free shipping for Medallion® devices and accessories can also be shared across all guests in the stateroom when shipped at once to the same address. Casual Dining or Specialty Dining meals cannot be shared with the 3rd and 4th guests in the stateroom."

The first two people get 1-device Wi-Fi. That is one device at a time. You can use one of their logins whenever they're not using it.

If someone calls room service from your stateroom telephone and gives one of their names, then there will be no charge for the room service delivery. If one of them uses OceanNow on their app to order food for the stateroom, there will be no charge; if you use your app, you will have the one-time charge.

• Like 1

You can share the WiFi but if the first two have 1 device plans than you would need to trade off times when each is connected as it is one device at a time. The drinks, fitness classes, meals etc cannot be shared

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

The drinks, fitness classes, meals etc cannot be shared

while the meals aren't supposedly shared, people on this board have been reporting that when they made specialty dining reservations for all three people in the cabin (two with the package and one without), their specialty dining credits were applied to the 3rd person. Which leaves them with only one more credit for the two of them for the next dinner.

4 hours ago, uprivermama said:

Yet another Plus Package question...I searched but couldn't find the answer to this specific question.

I will be the 3rd adult in our cabin. The first 2 adults (DH and DS) have the plus package included as a promotion during booking. I am 3 months post-op gastric sleeve surgery and don't drink alcohol, sugary drinks, soda, or specialty coffee; I barely eat 3 oz of food per meal; and don't really need internet for this Alaska sailing. However, I might enjoy the fitness classes. 

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that certain benefits are tied to the individual (drinks especially) but some benefits are just pooled for the cabin (casual dining, fitness classes). DH and DS certainly won't use the free fitness classes, and if they aren't, it would be nice to use them myself.  Has anyone had any experience with whether some of the plus benefits can be shared among cabin mates? Just curious (and I'm certainly willing to pay for the classes if necessary!)

Our last cruise without the package my hubby paid for internet for entire cruise.  I had my iPad and could not use it.  Then we noticed on the app that I could switch usersfrom his phone to my iPad.  Don’t know about your ability to do fitness classes as wherever you go, the medallion shows your picture as well as having a package.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skynight said:

I do not believe any plus benefits are pooled. They are individual. Maybe, just maybe, if you go to the spa together, your cabin mate may be able to use two classes on their account. You would have to try it.

Someone on CC (sorry, forgot who) said they used their husband's fitness classes as well as their own. The gym seemed to just want the cabin #. Of course, as will all things cruising, I suspect this depends completely on the ship, the crew, and the phase of the moon. 🤣

Anyway, I intend to try it. And, if it doesn't work, I'll either pay for the class or do one of the free ones.

@uprivermama I am 15+ years out from gastric sleeve surgery. Depending on when your cruise is, you may be able to eat slightly more volume per meal than 3oz (maybe 4-6oz). However, even now, this many years out, I look at the pictures of meals people post here and think "No way I can eat that much!" My plan is to eat a bite or two from every course otherwise I'd be full after the appetizer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacMadame said:

@uprivermama I am 15+ years out from gastric sleeve surgery. Depending on when your cruise is, you may be able to eat slightly more volume per meal than 3oz (maybe 4-6oz). However, even now, this many years out, I look at the pictures of meals people post here and think "No way I can eat that much!" My plan is to eat a bite or two from every course otherwise I'd be full after the appetizer.

We cruise in a month so I'm not sure about increasing volume but it will be the first cruise post-surgery and it will certainly be different than previous cruises! I can't even count the number of times on previous cruises that we rolled out of the dining room too stuffed to do anything except lay in bed 🙂 Can't do that anymore!

• Like 1