Never got a crystal block!

Probably time for this thread to be closed since it pretty much derailed from the original topic! Then again, there's this thread that now has over 122,000 posts! Probably a record, or will be.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Probably a record, or will be.

Like this thread, that evolved into a social media one with myriads of topics. It is a record for the RCI section. Perhaps one day, the mods will have the courage to move it to the Floataway lounge.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Probably time for this thread to be closed since it pretty much derailed from the original topic! Then again, there's this thread that now has over 122,000 posts! Probably a record, or will be.

LOL...I worried about that as well....but since you are the OP.   It's your call.  😉 

18 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

OR...we can keep meandering along here till I do a 12-night cruise and see if I get a block for 210 points! 😆

LOL...love it!  And enjoyed conversing with you.  You are a fun person!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Like this thread, that evolved into a social media one with myriads of topics. It is a record for the RCI section. Perhaps one day, the mods will have the courage to move it to the Floataway lounge.

Why do you care where it is located?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

OR...we can keep meandering along here till I do a 12-night cruise and see if I get a block for 210 points! 😆

I like this idea better than starting a new thread when you don't get that one too.😊😇

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why do you care where it is located?

Like the humor thread before it, that’s where it belongs. 

Biker, who is mod on another forum. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It was moved to the Floataway Lounge briefly and then brought back. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not an answer to the question but what I expected.

6 hours ago, doghog said:

It was moved to the Floataway Lounge briefly and then brought back. 

As far as I remember, Dave, "my" thread was never moved to the Float Away Lounge, though its

original name was changed when Covid seemed no longer an issue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

As far as I remember, Dave, "my" thread was never moved to the Float Away Lounge, though its

original name was changed when Covid seemed no longer an issue.

Dani, thanks for the correction. I'm glad your thread is still alive and thriving. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are on Anthem currently. We were D+ with 205 points.

Our steward arrives with a block yesterday.

Only problem is we are at our maximum weight on our flight home so will have to leave it behind ( it is pretty heavy)

2 hours ago, scottie99 said:

Only problem is we are at our maximum weight on our flight home so will have to leave it behind ( it is pretty heavy)

Send it by mail from next port

5 hours ago, scottie99 said:

You can't put it in a carryon? If you don't have one just put it in a plastic bag or something and take it on the plane. Of course you can do whatever you want but I'd never be leaving a block behind.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, scottie99 said:

Only problem is we are at our maximum weight on our flight home

Even for your carry-on? How about sticking it in whatever your personal item is that you're taking onboard - purse, camera case, etc. I mean, the blocks are heavy but not all that big. I sure wouldn't leave it behind, cause you won't get a 2nd chance to get it for having attained the 210 points.

Edited by OnTheJourney

Carry is best anyways, since the solid block will set off the alert on the Xrays.  I would rather they paw around in (or better yet have it out for inspection) my carry on stuff...than my checked luggage.  

• Thanks 1

I will have this problem too. I will receive my first block on the June 2nd Anthem cruise from London. After that cruise I have the Voyager’s cruise from Greece on June 17th before I return to the States. My big suitcase will be full with clothes for almost a month. My carry on bag will have the essentials so if it’s too heavy, should I mail it from London or Athens? Will it survive? 😊

51 minutes ago, Viajera7 said:

I will have this problem too. I will receive my first block on the June 2nd Anthem cruise from London. After that cruise I have the Voyager’s cruise from Greece on June 17th before I return to the States. My big suitcase will be full with clothes for almost a month. My carry on bag will have the essentials so if it’s too heavy, should I mail it from London or Athens? Will it survive? 😊

Post it from UK back to your house? I wouldn’t risk it catching up with you in Athens 

Very simple to just return it to the LA.   Since it is generic, with no personal engraving, the LA can have it passed on to someone else that will want/can take it home.   

Used to be an option (3 options actually) to fill out a card with choices of wanting it, not wanting it, or having it shipped to you.  Though I think the ship to you is probably not available any longer.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, little britain said:

Post it from UK back to your house? I wouldn’t risk it catching up with you in Athens 

Thanks. Is there a post office near Heathrow?

6 hours ago, Viajera7 said:

Thanks. Is there a post office near Heathrow?

The airport Post Office can be found in WHSmith, Terminal 3 Departures, Landside (next to Pret A Manger) and in WHSmith Terminal 5, Landside Departures (Next to the South Wing).