Oceanview Mini Suite - Island Princess

I am planning my first cruise with Princess and I need a little help with understanding the amenities associated with a mini suite.  I have been doing a few fake bookings on their site to understand how Princess works before reaching out to my TA.  If I book an inside room, a standard oceanview, or a balcony, I get the option to upgrade to a package (Princess Plus or Princess Premier).  However, when I book an OceanView Mini Suite (no balcony), there is no option for either package and the booking summary shows "Princess Standard" applied.  Does this mean that an internet and a drink package of some sort are included or does it mean that there is no package available for this option and I have to purchase each item separately?

BTW, I'm really looking forward to this 18 day Canada & Greenland cruise out of New York.

Thanks in advance.

None of the cabins on Island Princess include a bundled Cruise Package. .it's an extra, regardless of what type of cabin.

You can add the package at any time, up to and including embarkation day or the day after - at the same price in advance or onboard.. $60/80 Plus/Premier.  Add it via app, via cruise personalizer, have your TA add it, buy it aboard.. up to you.

Mini-suites don't have any perks to speak of.  A glass of sparkling wine upon boarding.   Don't let the name mini-suite "suite" fool you. They're not suites. They're just larger cabins than a balcony (although you're looking at the ones with no balcony, lol).. Has a sofa seating area, shower/tub combo, etc. 

10 minutes ago, ridgecrest said:

Thanks @reedprincess  I was just confused as to why the site did not present me with the opportunity to purchase one of the packages as it did for all other stateroom types.

That's odd that it doesn't give the opportunity to buy the packages.  It should.  That's a customer service call.

15 hours ago, reedprincess said:

None of the cabins on Island Princess include a bundled Cruise Package. .it's an extra, regardless of what type of cabin.

You can add the package at any time, up to and including embarkation day or the day after - at the same price in advance or onboard.. $60/80 Plus/Premier.  Add it via app, via cruise personalizer, have your TA add it, buy it aboard.. up to you.

Mini-suites don't have any perks to speak of.  A glass of sparkling wine upon boarding.   Don't let the name mini-suite "suite" fool you. They're not suites. They're just larger cabins than a balcony (although you're looking at the ones with no balcony, lol).. Has a sofa seating area, shower/tub combo, etc. 

There are 2 types of mini suites. Regular and Reserve. Reserve minis include dining the the Reserve section of the dining room. Extra entree, no wait and great service. They are also midship and more expensive 

1 hour ago, ridgecrest said:

Thanks @reedprincess  I was just confused as to why the site did not present me with the opportunity to purchase one of the packages as it did for all other stateroom types.

Glitch? Who knows.. you'll be able to add it later, have your TA add it, or buy it aboard.

It's a flat $60/80usd per night Plus/Premium, however you book it..

If you add Plus or Premier with booking...it is part of the booking fare.  It will include a small addition for insurance.  Can't remove it later without losing your booking.

You can also book a cabin....then add the bundle....and pay an increase in insurance.

Or you can buy the bundle on embarkation day without paying for insurance, but run the risk of a rate increase.

There are some premium ocean view cabins near the front of the ship. They include a sofa and have more square footage than a standard ocean view. Unless you need a bathtub, or reserve class dining, I would look into booking one of those cabins.

@partybarbieThe forward ocean view with the sofa is what I was looking to book.  My DW and I would otherwise go crazy if we only had the bed and the desk chair to sit on for 18 days 😀.

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It will include a small addition for insurance.

Again, this is my first time booking a Princess cruise.  I typically purchase my cruise insurance from a third party.  Am I required to get insurance from Princess?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

No, you are not required to get Princess Insurance.  

And you will probably save money with a third party. If you’re not familiar, there is a forum on CC that specifically addresses cruise insurance. 

Thanks everyone for your help! 

I have booked the 18 Day Canada & Greenland cruise for July 2025.  I will now hang out on this Princess board and learn as much as I can. 

I have 3 more cruises before this one but I am really excited about trying a new cruise line!