Current Cruise Directors.

Lbsahm

If you have recently cruised MSC, what ship were you on, who was the Cruise Director and just for fun, how would you rate them from 1 to 10?

Seashore December 10, 2023. Endrigo

Seaside August 2023. Bennie

Nothing memorable, but I’m of the belief that the less you see and/or hear of the CD the better.  EM

• Like 3

As a passenger I'd expect to have zero interaction with the Cruise director, Hotel manager, Bridge staff or other management roles.  Never understood why some people are interested in who the  leadership team on a ship are.

Does it really make or break a cruise for you ?  Does it change how the hotel, restaurant and bar services are run ?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, notley-cruise said:

Does it change how the hotel, restaurant and bar services are run ?

Yes, sometimes significantly. That said, I'm not bothered about actually meeting them. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 11:35 AM, wolft927 said:

Has Anyone seen Pedro Serra Lately? 

He is currently on vacation and not sure which ship he is going back to sometime in June.

On 5/8/2024 at 2:17 AM, notley-cruise said:

As a passenger I'd expect to have zero interaction with the Cruise director, Hotel manager, Bridge staff or other management roles.  Never understood why some people are interested in who the  leadership team on a ship are.

Does it really make or break a cruise for you ?  Does it change how the hotel, restaurant and bar services are run ?

We've been on cruises with cruise directors that we barely noticed. We've also been on cruises with amazing cruise directors who somehow manage to be everywhere and just out there encouraging passengers to have a fabulous time. While the former may not break a cruise, the latter can definitely make one. Giuseppe on Celebrity was one of those amazing cruise directors that we've had the pleasure to cruise with.

On 5/8/2024 at 2:17 AM, notley-cruise said:

I’ve found just the opposite. On the Divina a few years ago, we had a female Cruise Director that was awful. Didn’t see her once around the ship, and her PA announcement came in the manner of Orders and Demands. 
On the other hand, last year on the Seaside, we had Benny. He was amazing. He was everywhere, always speaking with passengers and I can’t help smiling every time I hear, If there’s Magic in the Air. 

IMG_5538.jpeg

• Like 1

Love me a good CD. I’m the guy that asks the CD what party is which night, what are the best ones not to miss and i go to as many activities I can which are run by the CD and their team.

By the end of a cruise, if the CD knows my name, it means it was a good cruise and good CD

• Thanks 1

CD Endrigo Pablo Martin from the Seashore flew home to Brazil this week for vacation. Per his FB, I believe he is due back to the Seashore in a few weeks.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2024 at 1:19 PM, Beaver1975 said:

He is currently on vacation and not sure which ship he is going back to sometime in June.

Thanks, Worked with Pedro years and years ago when we were both with NCL. Will be cruising the Seascape in September so maybe he will be on

22 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Thanks, Worked with Pedro years and years ago when we were both with NCL. Will be cruising the Seascape in September so maybe he will be on

He was hoping to come back from vacation to the Seashore, which we will be on in late June.

On 5/8/2024 at 3:17 AM, notley-cruise said:

Yes, it does. A Hotel Director can make or break a cruise.  Everyone except engine room and bridge staff report to the Hotel Director.

• Thanks 1