Complimentary beverages in the MDR

What complimentary beverages are available in the MDR?  Is it just water, unsweetened iced tea, and coffee?  I don't drink any alcohol and only occasionally have a Coke.  Just wondering what my MDR beverage options would be if I don't purchase a non-alcoholic drink package.

2 hours ago, wtang said:

What complimentary beverages are available in the MDR?  Is it just water, unsweetened iced tea, and coffee?  I don't drink any alcohol and only occasionally have a Coke.  Just wondering what my MDR beverage options would be if I don't purchase a non-alcoholic drink package.

Lemonade, cranberry basically anything you can get from

the self serve machines in the Buffet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wtang said:

For breakfast, there is an assortment of juices, coffee, tea and milk.  For other meals, there is a machine that provides lemonade, fruit punch, and other noncarbonated sugary drinks.  All free.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keesar said:

For breakfast, there is an assortment of juices, coffee, tea and milk.  For other meals, there is a machine that provides lemonade, fruit punch, and other noncarbonated sugary drinks.  All free.

That drinks dispenser is in the oceanview buffet, not the MDR

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

That drinks dispenser is in the oceanview buffet, not the MDR

true, but we have always been able to order any of drinks served from those machines in the MDR. 

Yes your assistant waiter will go up to the buffet to get it for you but my point is that passengers in the MDR should not look for such a dispenser as there isn’t one there .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes your assistant waiter will go up to the buffet to get it for you but my point is that passengers in the MDR should not look for such a dispenser as there isn’t one there .

they actually have a drink machine in the service area (if you do a kitchen tour you will see it) so the assistant waiter doesn't have to go to the buffet.     Doesn't mean that the time it takes to get it with some of them still won't feel like they went to the buffet.

My advice is to order two of the same drink when you place your order, because they will NEVER come back and offer you more. I don't drink alcohol but I do drink iced tea at every meal. I spent about 45 days total on Celebrity ships in 2023 and not once did anyone ask if I wanted a refill in the MDR. They also act like it's a pain to get an iced tea - it usually takes a long time. They are usually much better at asking if you want a refill on the drinks that provide them revenue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2024 at 6:41 AM, cruisestitch said:

When I go to the MDR, there are a variety of items to order from your server.  As mentioned, there is a dispenser in the kitchen service area near where the food is prepared.  Not a big deal for the server to get you a fruit punch or guava drink.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DennysDad said:

Is there a plan to buy just for soda drinkers?

The non-alcohol package is for soda drinkers but for the price point my plan is to bring a 12 pack on.  $4/soda is A LOT.