QM2 Boarding Time

Deafcruise

Hi there - could someone clarify something for us in relation to the time we are supposed to be able to check in versus the time we can board the ship. Our boarding pass says “Arrival time 1215”. Does that mean we can only park and check in from that time onwards, or do we board the ship at that time? TIA.

Posted (edited)

Arrival time is the time they want you in the terminal. Boarding time will vary but shouldn't be too much later, after check-in and once the ship is ready. The waiting time will vary by port. 

Edited by esrs
Spelling
  • Like 1

Thanks we have to check out at 11 and we are quite close to the car park (CPS). Wondering if we would be able to park and enjoy the sunshine whilst waiting to be let in at 12:15? 

1 minute ago, Deafcruise said:

Thanks we have to check out at 11 and we are quite close to the car park (CPS). Wondering if we would be able to park and enjoy the sunshine whilst waiting to be let in at 12:15? 

Yes, if it’s not busy, they’ll probably let you in anyway.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Deafcruise said:

Wondering if we would be able to park and enjoy the sunshine whilst waiting to be let in

What is this "sunshine" you are talking about?😂

There is nowhere at the terminal where you could "enjoy" the sunshine other than standing in a queue

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I've wondered about crossing the road to have a look at Mr Musk's cars, and whether they might offer you a coffee or soft drink.

Assuming Mayflower of course.

Edited by D&N

You can drop off your luggage any time after 11:00am.

Actual boarding times vary. It can start as early as midday, or like last year, we had to wait until 1:00pm.

The boarding order is QG, PG, Club, Diamond, Platinum then by letter ( A, B, C etc) or by order of arriving.

Posted (edited)

When boarding Queen Anne yesterday. We had a check in time of 2.45. We arrived just after 1, and explained to the man at the entrance that we wanted to unload cases and go off site to arrive at our boarding time. He reassured us that was not necessary as the queue for CPS was long and by the time the car was booked in that we would not have long to wait for checkin so we followed his advice. We joined the CPS queue at 1.25. We checked in AT 2.10 and waited in the waiting area inside. Went through security and checkin and boarded at 2.45. 
incidentally they were regularly checking the waiting room for people with priority boarding and took them through ASAP. 

Edited by TowandaUK
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TowandaUK said:

When boarding Queen Anne yesterday. We had a check in time of 2.45. We arrived just after 1, and explained to the man at the entrance that we wanted to unload cases and go off site to arrive at our boarding time. He reassured us that was not necessary as the queue for CPS was long and by the time the car was booked in that we would not have long to wait for checkin so we followed his advice. We joined the CPS queue at 1.25. We checked in AT 2.10 and waited in the waiting area inside. Went through security and checkin and boarded at 2.45. 
incidentally they were regularly checking the waiting room for people with priority boarding and took them through ASAP. 

We arrived by taxi at our designated time of 12.30 to find a chaotic scene of lots of people milling about outside. However we were flapped through to check in very quickly because of Grills priority, and they had already started boarding so there weren’t a lot of people sitting round waiting. However, I was somewhat peeved to notice the person in front of us in the check in queue had an arrival time of 2.30. After that things got worse, with a long queue for security, which did move quickly, until it stopped altogether for about ten minutes, and then, something I’ve never known before, a long queue on the air bridge to get on board. I kept thinking of St. Nazaire.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

We arrived by taxi at our designated time of 12.30 to find a chaotic scene of lots of people milling about outside. However we were flapped through to check in very quickly because of Grills priority, and they had already started boarding so there weren’t a lot of people sitting round waiting. However, I was somewhat peeved to notice the person in front of us in the check in queue had an arrival time of 2.30. After that things got worse, with a long queue for security, which did move quickly, until it stopped altogether for about ten minutes, and then, something I’ve never known before, a long queue on the air bridge to get on board. I kept thinking of St. Nazaire.

Had same, in trying to please early arrivals and not leave them outside, staff forget they are actually making it worse for those who have a genuine early arrival time and arrive on time.

I think although a bit harsh, the system adopted by P&O because of it's mega ships, that of not letting early arrivals in terminal is best. But lots disagree.

12 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Had same, in trying to please early arrivals and not leave them outside, staff forget they are actually making it worse for those who have a genuine early arrival time and arrive on time.

I think although a bit harsh, the system adopted by P&O because of it's mega ships, that of not letting early arrivals in terminal is best. But lots disagree.

I have seen people being asked to wait outside If they are too early at Mayflower on Cunard. I have had my boarding pass checked for time at the door but am still annoyed when at 12 45 the person in front of you at security has a considerably later time as they have been let in. As you say controversial but seems fair if policed properly.