QA Canaries 10 May Comments

exlondoner

We had a clock change last night, thanks to General Franco. At 10.05, there was an urgent call for a passenger to contact the Purser’s. As you know, Cunard almost never makes announcements. I thought the name sounded familiar, and it turned out to be the person who was lecturing at 10.00. Oh dear, I wonder if it was just lateness or connected to the clock change. 😀

Just now, exlondoner said:

We had a clock change last night, thanks to General Franco. At 10.05, there was an urgent call for a passenger to contact the Purser’s. As you know, Cunard almost never makes announcements. I thought the name sounded familiar, and it turned out to be the person who was lecturing at 10.00. Oh dear, I wonder if it was just lateness or connected to the clock change. 😀

We thought that she was probably not up to speed with the clock change. I felt sorry for her!

• Like 1

Just now, Host Hattie said:

Oh dear, I hope she made it in time!

Do they still have the message on the TV/card on the bed ?

No message on the bed alas. It is on the daily program, and Neil announced it at the end of the show. It is also on the TV. One of the time changes got quite confusing as it wasn't on the TV and Neil said we were going forward when we were actually going backward, and some of the ship's clocks didn't change. I miss those notes on the bed saying the ships clocks were being retarded. That's hard to miss!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, safarigal said:

We thought that she was probably not up to speed with the clock change. I felt sorry for her!

I’ve known this happen twice (on P&O). Most recently I was chatting to the ORCA representative on the promenade deck when a member of the entertainment team came flying through the door out of breath saying that she had been looking for her everywhere as her talk was due to begin 15 minutes earlier. The poor girl had been oblivious of the clock change. As I’d known this to happen before, it struck me that if I was a member of the entertainment team I would make contact with my guest speakers the night before to double check that they were aware of the clock change!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

One of my blog followers suggested that we get a Cruise Critic book to keep in the library that we can all sign when we are on board. I spoke with the librarian and she is in favor of that, but just needs to check with her manager that that is OK.

Does anyone on board have a suitable book that we could use? I am happy to use the note book we were given in Madeira, but if you have something better that would be great.

It is such a shame that the QE2/QM2 book got lost during the COVID clean up of the library on QM2.

Edited by safarigal
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, safarigal said:

No message on the bed alas. It is on the daily program, and Neil announced it at the end of the show. It is also on the TV. One of the time changes got quite confusing as it wasn't on the TV and Neil said we were going forward when we were actually going backward, and some of the ship's clocks didn't change. I miss those notes on the bed saying the ships clocks were being retarded. That's hard to miss!

Our waiters last night were very assiduous in making sure we knew, presumably partly as a result of last week’s chaos. It is on the TV, but you have to turn the TV on. They used to leave the TV on when they made up the room, so not even I  could miss it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, safarigal said:

One of my blog followers suggested that we get a Cruise Critic book to keep in the library that we can all sign when we are on board. I spoke with the librarian and she is in favor of that, but just needs to check with her manager that that is OK.

Does anyone on board have a suitable book that we could use? I am happy to use the note book we were given in Madeira, but if you have something better that would be great.

It is such a shame that the QE2/QM2 booking got lost during the COVID clean up of the library on QM2.

Nothing other than the Madeira Book, I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I’ve known this happen twice (on P&O). Most recently I was chatting to the ORCA representative on the promenade deck when a member of the entertainment team came flying through the door out of breath saying that she had been looking for her everywhere as her talk was due to begin 15 minutes earlier. The poor girl had been oblivious of the clock change. As I’d known this to happen before, it struck me that if I was a member of the entertainment team I would make contact with my guest speakers the night before to double check that they were aware of the clock change!

I’ve now realized I have a NY conference call during dinner rather than an hour before!  I wish they just gave the exact time and clock change information at embarkation…

• Like 1

Our waiters last night were very assiduous in making sure we knew, presumably partly as a result of last week’s chaos. It is on the TV, but you have to turn the TV on. They used to leave the TV on when they made up the room, so not even I  could miss it.

The TV was on when we got back to our room 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, safarigal said:

It is such a shame that the QE2/QM2 book got lost during the COVID clean up of the library on QM2.

I guess the QV book got lost as well? Haven't seen it for a few years either.

Well we now have our Cruise Critic Queen Anne book. The Madeira one didn't work, so I will drop this one off at the library tomorrow morning so hopefully all of you onboard can sign it 🙂

Queen Anne Cruise Critic Book.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

That is lovely of you. I never saw the other books, so what is the format?

I’m thinking my cherished school ‘autograph' book which I still have after all these decades.🙂

• Like 4

That is lovely of you. I never saw the other books, so what is the format?

The Madeira book just had blank pages - lovely books, but for those of us who can no longer write in a straight line, not good for the job!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Can we have a photo of the menu underneath please??

Your wish…

Im not actually having any of the mains, but the duck from the alc.

IMG_0954.thumb.jpeg.fad5a7599270b0a8f2f364ff02081fd8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Looks good, thank you. Have you tried any of the Michel Roux inspired dishes ? 

I don’t think so, except in his restaurant. He ought to get to work on the rather meagre cheeseboard. No Stilton!!

20 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Im not actually having any of the mains

In QG, when they offer Classic Caesar salad, do they prepare the dressing homemade via tableside prep or will I have to preorder homemade Caesar dressing and the works?

• Like 1