*LIVE* from the Norwegian Joy – 7-Night Bermuda – May 12-19, 2024

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We had a 6 pm departure today. By 5:30, the captain had dropped all lines and at 6:00 we were already heading down the Hudson. 

Do you recall how long it took until you sailed by the Statue?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Rather than servicing chocolate covered strawberries as a treat… they cut the strawberries in half, then dipped them. They have zero shelf life now. 

at this rate, i fully expect them to be serving chocolate covered blueberries by midsummer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Always wonderful to read your Live Reviews!!  We are sailing the Joy 5/26, and we booked on the later side.  No Vibe passes were available online.  I know you are in the Haven, but do you know if there were any Vibe passes available for purchase when you boarded?  Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DMP609 said:

Do you recall how long it took until you sailed by the Statue?

We passed the SOL about 6:15 pm. About 45 minutes after we started backing out of the dock. 

• Like 1

The Waterfront is an NCL innovation allocating a large amount of space to a relaxing outdoor spot for relaxation and entertaining. 

There are comfy sofas and chairs along both sides of Deck 8. During the day, restaurant tables can be used for reading, work (bad word on a cruise) and games. 

There are outdoors bars on both sides of the ship for a quiet drink while you watch the sunset. 

IMG_3460.jpeg

IMG_3453.jpeg

IMG_3454.jpeg

IMG_3455.jpeg

IMG_3456.jpeg

IMG_3458.jpeg

IMG_3459.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kismet618 said:

Always wonderful to read your Live Reviews!!  We are sailing the Joy 5/26, and we booked on the later side.  No Vibe passes were available online.  I know you are in the Haven, but do you know if there were any Vibe passes available for purchase when you boarded?  Thanks

The Bird did not see any signage down in The Social (embarkation box office) for the Vibe. But was not looking for it. 

Yesterday it was in the low 50’s and raining most of the morning. It cleared up on the afternoon closer to sailaway. Once the ship got underway, the windchills were in the low 40’s. Today it is clear but chilly up on deck. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Just sit in the priority area and tell them you are bunking together. 

The Birds are Diamond and there was an annoying guy carding people sitting and waiting. That being said, he kicked out a bunch of people. The Diamond and Platinum waiting area board through “side doors” before they open the ropes for general boarding. 

Thank you very much for your input.

2 hours ago, kismet618 said:

If you are in the Haven, who is the Concierge?  Many thanks💕

3 hours ago, kismet618 said:

do you know if there were any Vibe passes available for purchase when you boarded? 

40 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Bird did not see any signage down in The Social (embarkation box office) for the Vibe. But was not looking for it. 

when i was last on the joy in october of 2023, vibe passes were being sold on embarkation day at a table outside teppanyaki on each of my B2B cruises.

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

when i was last on the joy in october of 2023, vibe passes were being sold on embarkation day at a table outside teppanyaki on each of my B2B cruises.

The only table outside Teppanyaki and The Social was selling beverage packages. 

2 hours ago, PatJim said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to send clear photos of the Joy’s current officers💕

FYSA. The General Manager, Ricardo,  only has a few more hours on the ship. He leaves for vacation when we arrive in Bermuda. If it is like other ships, there may be a few shuffling of positions when he leaves. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Waterfront is an NCL innovation allocating a large amount of space to a relaxing outdoor spot for relaxation and entertaining. 

There are comfy sofas and chairs along both sides of Deck 8. During the day, restaurant tables can be used for reading, work (bad word on a cruise) and games. 

There are outdoors bars on both sides of the ship for a quiet drink while you watch the sunset. 

My first NCL cruise last year introduced me to the Waterfront. I can't count the hours I spent there. It was more comfortable than my balcony, not to mention, drink service! It's definitely unique to NCL. I've done 40+ cruises on other lines and never experienced anything similar. Can't wait to return in a few weeks.

Edited by cyntil8ing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cyntil8ing said:

My first NCL cruise last year introduced me to the Waterfront. I can't count the hours I spent there. It was more comfortable than my balcony, not to mention, drink service! It's definitely unique to NCL. I've done 40+ cruises on other lines and never experienced anything similar. Can't wait to return in a few weeks.

Don't give away the best kept secret on the Joy! 😄 This is a perfect place to go on embarkation day as not many people know it's there yet, a perfect way to get away from the crowds while you're waiting for your room to open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

For those Platinum cruisers, here’s the current freebie wine list. 
IMG_3227.thumb.jpeg.6aae0453484cd032831e526167015226.jpeg

Our fave is #462 and we take the unopened bottle home to enjoy. 

6 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Our fave is #462 and we take the unopened bottle home to enjoy. 

The Birds were on the Encore last year for the Meet the Winemaker event with Miguel A Torres. He hosted a wine tasting with his wines. And a dinner with wine pairing. With each wine, Miguel would explain the origins of the wine and how the wine is made. Wonderful!  

We have sailed on the Encore several times since and the Cellar Master still remembers us. 

• Like 2