Problem booking specialty restaurants

gvre

Is anyone having problems booking specialty restaurants?

I have 3 cruises 2 in October and February, I book the date and time use credit card to reserve than get an error message. I changed the credit card also no luck.

59 minutes ago, gvre said:

I have 3 cruises 2 in October and February, I book the date and time use credit card to reserve than get an error message. I changed the credit card also no luck.

I believe that while they are reworking their reservation system to account for traditional dining that many portions of the systems may be down

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, memoak said:

I believe that while they are reworking their reservation system to account for traditional dining that many portions of the systems may be down

Ok thanks

1 hour ago, gvre said:

I’ve been getting the same error .. it doesn’t even try to charge my credit card as we have the premier package but won’t go through to actually reserve the table.  
I think @memoak is correct .. they are trying to update the reservation system and it is causing some issues on our end.  

Still can't book and specialty restaurants been this way for a couple of weeks.

Here is the error message. Anyone successful?

Screenshot_20240515_083850_Princess.jpg

4 hours ago, gvre said:

Still can't book and specialty restaurants been this way for a couple of weeks.

Here is the error message. Anyone successful?

Screenshot_20240515_083850_Princess.jpg

that’s the same one I’ve been getting, too.  

Still can't make a reservation but I found this on Princess that you must fully pay your cruise fare before you can book a restaurant:

"Make dining reservations via the Princess App®
When you reserve ahead via app, you can:

Customize your dining time for each day, once you've made the final payment for your booking.
Select from the main dining room, specialty dining venues or both.
Manage all your dining reservations in one easy place"

I am paid in full and have been getting that same screen shot for a while. I thought it was only me.  Thanks for letting me know I am not crazy.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Strange...I booked an entire week's worth of dining (including 2 SD) yesterday for a sailing in 30 days.

Im still not able to do it for cruises that are paid in full.  

I had no trouble booking 2 SD meals for our cruise in October. Just looked on the App and both bookings are showing as reserved.

The only problem that I have is that although we are on the Premier package we seem to have been charged for these reservations. Spoke to Princess this afternoon and hopefully it has been sorted out, but I'll keep an eye on my bank statements over the next few weeks to make sure I get the refunds 

There are posts on some other CC threads that state the posters are having similar issues.  It seems to be affecting some folks while others like @jdacombeand @Rick&Jeanniehave no trouble booking.

Looks like an all too familiar app bug/system error.  I did speak with the medallion app tech support team but I might as well have had that conversation with my West Highland Terrier for all the use they were.  Just told me to wait for an app update that they couldnt give me a date for.  Suspect I was being fobbed off....