Upgrade from PLUS to PREMIER package .

Hi , everyone ! 
My  cruise, in Caribbean Princess ,  leaves exactly 1 month from today from Southampton. I have been trying to upgrade the package from PLUS (already bought months ago)  to PREMIER . I can’t do it neither by app in cell phone , notebook or tablet. I click in the upgrade button bit the next screen doesn’t work . Is here anything wrong with the site / app ? I read that people is having trouble doing this .

Tried to do via my TA but he would have to charge me with taxes , much more expensive . 
He advised me to do it onde on board . But I would rather to upgrade now instead of having one more thing to do on embarkation day, besides trying to book a spot in the Sanctury .

easy to book on board during the first couple of days. Grab your sanctuary spot, do you muster drill tasks and then head the piazza where you will find a table to upgrade or talk to a  bar tender or wait staff....very easy to do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MariaCAP said:

Hi , everyone ! 
My  cruise, in Caribbean Princess ,  leaves exactly 1 month from today from Southampton. I have been trying to upgrade the package from PLUS (already bought months ago)  to PREMIER . I can’t do it neither by app in cell phone , notebook or tablet. I click in the upgrade button bit the next screen doesn’t work . Is here anything wrong with the site / app ? I read that people is having trouble doing this .

Tried to do via my TA but he would have to charge me with taxes , much more expensive . 
He advised me to do it onde on board . But I would rather to upgrade now instead of having one more thing to do on embarkation day, besides trying to book a spot in the Sanctury .

Upgrading literally took 30 seconds once on board. They were standing right in front of us when we boarded, scanned the Medallion and it was done. Don't give it too much time and thought. It was very easy to do once onboard. We were on the Enchanted but don't think it will be much different.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MariaCAP said:

Hi , everyone ! 

Do you have access to the chat function?  I was able to upgrade that way for one of my cruises and was then able to book the specialty dining.

5 hours ago, MariaCAP said:

Hi , everyone ! 

Taxes? What taxes on the upgrade?  That's new.  

Anyways, use the Chat or call and do it directly.

Or, do it aboard. It takes 3 minutes with a crew member,  or you can do it on the app aboard, while waiting in line for the Sanctuary.. 

• Thanks 1

If you upgrade pre-cruise, it changes to a different cruise fare. That would affect the cost of travel insurance. If you pay taxes on the cruise fare, then it would change those. If you upgrade onboard, then it doesn't change the cruise fare - it is an onboard expense.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Do you have access to the chat function?  I was able to upgrade that way for one of my cruises and was then able to book the specialty dining.

Unfortunately not . It is not show in the app in my cell phone . 

If you booked through a travel agent, the upgrade needs to be through your travel agent. I was on the phone a long time with Princess while texting my TA to learn this. You can do it online on the Princess website but if the website does not allow it (e.g. you already have Plus and want to upgrade to Premier, you can’t do it on the app), you will need to contact your TA. You can upgrade onboard but the advantage of upgrading through your TA is you can make reservations for specialty restaurants (2 included in package), which can be done easily in advance of your cruise through the app. If you have insurance with Princess, you will pay extra if you upgrade before boarding. For me, I want specialty dinner reservations before they book up and I switched insurance to a third party insurance mainly to get better medical evacuation coverage.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Taxes? What taxes on the upgrade?  That's new.  

Anyways, use the Chat or call and do it directly.

Or, do it aboard. It takes 3 minutes with a crew member,  or you can do it on the app aboard, while waiting in line for the Sanctuary.. 

9 hours ago, coopco said:

If you booked through a travel agent, the upgrade needs to be through your travel agent. I was on the phone a long time with Princess while texting my TA to learn this. You can do it online on the Princess website but if the website does not allow it (e.g. you already have Plus and want to upgrade to Premier, you can’t do it on the app), you will need to contact your TA. You can upgrade onboard but the advantage of upgrading through your TA is you can make reservations for specialty restaurants (2 included in package), which can be done easily in advance of your cruise through the app. If you have insurance with Princess, you will pay extra if you upgrade before boarding. For me, I want specialty dinner reservations before they book up and I switched insurance to a third party insurance mainly to get better medical evacuation coverage.

I called my travel agent but the price he gave me to go from PLUS to Premier was higher than the website . He explaneid me it had to do with taxes/fares. That I would get a better price on board. 

The point about doing it now is not worring with it on embarkation day ( but everyone here says it is very easy and Quick to do ) and being able to book specialty restaurants in advance .

Actually you will be bombarded with upgrade offers while you are in line at the port, while you are waiting in your designated pre-board area, while you are walking onto the ship, and then throughout the first two days. Definitely wait till boarding. 

You should be able to make specialty restaurant reservations in advance, then just have the charges reversed when you upgrade. Not a problem. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Actually you will be bombarded with upgrade offers while you are in line at the port, while you are waiting in your designated pre-board area, while you are walking onto the ship, and then throughout the first two days. Definitely wait till boarding. 

You should be able to make specialty restaurant reservations in advance, then just have the charges reversed when you upgrade. Not a problem. 

I 'believe' that reversal will be in the form of OBC ... not sure if refundable or not