Chibang, Carnival Jubilee

50 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

I have heard, that lunch is free on this cruise, but for only 1 meal.  What are the facts thank you

You're probably thinking of dinner, which on the Mardi Gras, and I THINK Celebration allow 1 "free" diner at Chibang. Jubilee is sailing it's "inaugural season" which should mean Chibang would be no charge for dinner if you went multiple times. We were on Jubilee in February and at at Chibang twice with no charges.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JOHN 57 said:

I have heard, that lunch is free on this cruise, but for only 1 meal.  What are the facts thank you

That is incorrect information, where did you hear it?

39 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Lunch is not the Chibang menu, but more like the former Mongolian Wok (I believe). 

That is correct, and something I try to remind people so that they are not disappointed.  It's just like how Cucina is not open for lunch.  They use the restaurant area to serve what used to be called Pasta Bella on the Dream.  It's not the same food as Cucina serves.  Same in this case.  Chibang is not open for lunch. They serve food from what is called Mongolian Wok on other ships at lunchtime in the space used for Chibang. Definitely not the same food.

Chibang has two separate menus.  One for dinner and another one for lunch.  Dinner is available each day and you are able to go once per cruise for free.  If you go a second time for dinner, there is an additional charge.

Lunch is available on sea days at Chibang between 12-200.  The menu is similar to but not the same as Mongolian Wok on the older ships in the fleet.  There are also three different broth bowls available that are only available at Chibang on the 3 Excel Class ships.  A Google search will provide the exact menu.

21 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Chibang has two separate menus.  One for dinner and another one for lunch.  Dinner is available each day and you are able to go once per cruise for free.  If you go a second time for dinner, there is an additional charge.

Lunch is available on sea days at Chibang between 12-200.  The menu is similar to but not the same as Mongolian Wok on the older ships in the fleet.  There are also three different broth bowls available that are only available at Chibang on the 3 Excel Class ships.  A Google search will provide the exact menu.

Just FYI - Carnival.com states that "Great news: on Carnival Celebration and Mardi Gras, your first meal at Chibang! is on the house… and additional visits are just $8! Extra-great news: on Carnival Jubilee, they’re all free!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Top_of_the_Cube said:

Just FYI - Carnival.com states that "Great news: on Carnival Celebration and Mardi Gras, your first meal at Chibang! is on the house… and additional visits are just $8! Extra-great news: on Carnival Jubilee, they’re all free!"

Great for those that drive to Galveston to go on the Jubilee.  I was just referring to my first hand experience cruising on the Mardi Gras four times and the Celebration five times.

The broth bowls available at Chibang at lunchtime on sea days is the best under the radar choice available on board.

• Like 2