GTY cabin - when is the latest I will get assigned?

I have never cruised Celebrity.  I'm booked in a GTY cabin and the cruise itself is sold out.  It sets sail June 10th.  When's the latest possible day I will get a cabin assignment? Before boarding? Just wondering if I should wait before printing the luggage tags as it just says "GTY".  

Keep checking the website under Manage Reservation, we booked a guarantee in March and we only knew our cabin assignment by checking our reservation on the website.

• Like 1

Do a mock booking to see how many cabins are available in your category. If there are lots then expect your cabin any day. If not much left then you may get it after the move up bids are allocated 

15 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Do a mock booking to see how many cabins are available in your category. If there are lots then expect your cabin any day. If not much left then you may get it after the move up bids are allocated 

The sailing is sold out.  I need a cabin that accommodates 4 people.  I hope this ship isn't oversold and I get canceled because I have a guarantee....(I read this happening on other cruise lines).

1 minute ago, kj_connections said:

The sailing is sold out.  I need a cabin that accommodates 4 people.  I hope this ship isn't oversold and I get canceled because I have a guarantee....(I read this happening on other cruise lines).

I understand why you would be stressed. I have not heard of Celebrity overselling but yeah, there were all of those reports not too long ago. I would give them a call. It can't hurt and may reduce some of your stress. Vacations are supposed to have happy anticipation ... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

I understand why you would be stressed. I have not heard of Celebrity overselling but yeah, there were all of those reports not too long ago. I would give them a call. It can't hurt and may reduce some of your stress. Vacations are supposed to have happy anticipation ... 

I see this overbooking being reported (rumored) recently.   Over the past 25 years I only recall ONE report of an oversell of a cabin and they were offered a cabin with an OBC for a lesser classification.

They may indeed oversell a specific classification with Guarantee.  They usually handle this with their Move-Up program.    Those in the specific cabin are moved up (for a bid) to a higher classification and the Guarantee get those rooms.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They may indeed oversell a specific classification with Guarantee.  They usually handle this with their Move-Up program.    Those in the specific cabin are moved up (for a bid) to a higher classification and the Guarantee get those rooms.

So, would this eliminate a GTY from participating in the MoveUp program?  I guess it would depend on timing?

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I see this overbooking being reported (rumored) recently.   Over the past 25 years I only recall ONE report of an oversell of a cabin and they were offered a cabin with an OBC for a lesser classification.

Royal Caribbean overbooked Quantum of the Seas in Australia late last year. I read different reasons why but there were people who arrived at the port and were turned away.  

7 hours ago, kj_connections said:

I didn't think X has cabins for 4, what type of cabin qty are we talking about?

2 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

Yes Celebrity has cabins for 4 in all categories - inside, OV, verandah etc.  Some ships have actual bunks while newer ones have double sofa beds 

3 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

I booked an inside GTY.  I think I counted only 7 insides that accommodate 4 on Reflection (based on deck plans)

OK, I saw some pictures in this thread, I didn't know about that and really have not seen any discussion about it.  I do know about the FV on M class, I stayed in one, it was great.