Crown & Anchor Membership

Posted (edited)

At what age is a dependent child able to get their own C&A Membership?

And, do they automatically attain the same loyalty level/points as their parents?

Edited by bmill7272
Mistake

I think you can sign them up for a C&A account at any age. And because their account is linked to yours, they will have your same number of points and loyalty level. There are changes when they turn 18, but there are conflicting statements about what happens. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I think you can sign them up for a C&A account at any age. And because their account is linked to yours, they will have your same number of points and loyalty level. There are changes when they turn 18, but there are conflicting statements about what happens. 

I believe they retain the parent's tier/loyalty level but not the points/nights.  The points are earned based on the number of nights sailed.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I believe they retain the parent's tier/loyalty level but not the points/nights.  The points are earned based on the number of nights sailed.

Correct.  They share tier level and at age 18 their accounts convert to them individually with their actual points accrued.  This can matter as there are situations where different children may have not been on all of the cruises with their parents so their actual point totals vary.  But while a minor cruising with their parents they share their tier level.  This actually occurred with our family. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My son turned 18 last year. His points count is stuck at 490 while wife and mine are closer to 600 because he has not cruised since he turned 18. On his next RCL cruise, he will add whatever points he is entitled to his 490 point total.

• Like 1

This happened to me and my family. We've been cruising since I was 5 years old. My parents signed us up for the Crown And Anchor Society/Captain's Club (our first cruise was Celebrity). Up until I turned 18, we shared the same status. Once I got access to my number is where things got messed up.

Because they didn't keep thorough records of children sailing when I grew up (back in the 90's), my point value changed dramatically at 18 and I got reverted back to the entry level for the club. I had to submit proof that I was on the other cruises to get credit. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

This happened to me and my family. We've been cruising since I was 5 years old. My parents signed us up for the Crown And Anchor Society/Captain's Club (our first cruise was Celebrity). Up until I turned 18, we shared the same status. Once I got access to my number is where things got messed up.

Because they didn't keep thorough records of children sailing when I grew up (back in the 90's), my point value changed dramatically at 18 and I got reverted back to the entry level for the club. I had to submit proof that I was on the other cruises to get credit. 

Sorry this happened with you and if any discrepancy remains I would contact Crown & Anchor or Captains Club to see if your cruise record can be reconstructed. They still should have the family cruise history which should indicate individual passenger records.  Although C & A and CC share reciprocal benefits, each line's cruise credits remain separate, which may have contributed to the confusion.

We also began when our children were very young in the 90's and although we did not have your issues, our individual cruise records were accurate then and are still in tact.  Maybe our case was simpler as we were exclusive to RCCL early on and did not sail with Celebrity until our children were on their own accounts.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

When my two sons took our family cruise after both of them were over 18, RCCL tried to bumped them back to Gold level.  They came in at Diamond when enrolled, as that was the level my husband and I were at the time the C&A program started.

Luckily, I keep stuff like that, and still had the original congratulations letter on RCCL's letterhead, listing all four of us with our C&A numbers. 

I had an EPIC conversation with the C&A supervisor over the phone.  I told her if you're going to do it officially on company letterhead, then where's your "official" written policy about taking them down to Gold?  I don't think I started the whole "you keep the level but have to earn back up to progress to the next level", but I was in that scrum with them, for sure. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, pcur said:

When my two sons took our family cruise after both of them were over 18, RCCL tried to bumped them back to Gold level.  They came in at Diamond when enrolled, as that was the level my husband and I were at the time the C&A program started.

Luckily, I keep stuff like that, and still had the original congratulations letter on RCCL's letterhead, listing all four of us with our C&A numbers. 

I had an EPIC conversation with the C&A supervisor over the phone.  I told her if you're going to do it officially on company letterhead, then where's your "official" written policy about taking them down to Gold?  I don't think I started the whole "you keep the level but have to earn back up to progress to the next level", but I was in that scrum with them, for sure. 

Unfortunately many have so little knowledge.  On recent Anthem sail my granddaughter was D on her seapass, gold on her app and D on the website. 🤣

Conversely, her sister was D uniformity. , 

Edited by nelblu