Cup that comes with the drink package

Several members of our upcoming cruise party have ordered a drink package -- some a Coke package, others an alcoholic package -- and I'm thinking of ordering a "tag" to identify cups.  Can you help me with a couple questions? 

- How many ounces does the cup hold? 

- Or, how wide is it across the lid?  

- The lids have drinking spouts on the side /not straw holes in the middle, right?  

- The newest cups don't have handles, do they?  If so, the keychain style would be easier -- no question about it fitting.  

Etsy name toppers:  https://www.etsy.com/search?q=name tag for insulated tumbler cup&ref=search_bar 

No handle, opening is near one side. Holds 12 ounces with a fair amount of ice. I use mine at home, but unfortunately i in another room and I can’t get to it at the moment.

16 oz of cold beverage only.

no handle, 3" opening, 7" tall.

We (3) always get the soda pkg and ask for different colors for the glasses.  If there are not different color one avail, we bring a colored duct tape to mark the cups.  It works for us.

The lids have a sliding latch on the screw on top.  We bring hard plastic straws for drinking.

Posted (edited)

Thanks, y'all!  

I like the idea of asking for different colored cups, but with 12 people in our group, I don't think it'll completely solve our problem. 

Good idea on bringing straws ... I do try to minimize my single-use plastics. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury

Your experience may vary but usually if we pick up the cups from one of the tables they set up on boarding day they let us choose any cup so you can pick the color you want. At the bars they just hand one to you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Your experience may vary but usually if we pick up the cups from one of the tables they set up on boarding day they let us choose any cup so you can pick the color you want. At the bars they just hand one to you.

I also get mine at the big table every time- they have them all stacked up for easy pickings.  But to label them, maybe some stickers or bands of some sort, like elastic wrist bands of various colors...

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

I miss the old cups from decade ago that held cold and hot drinks, though they held about 12oz instead of 16

I still use mine from 20 years ago to get my Crown Lounge coffee!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Just wondering why you need to tag these cups? They all will work the same in the Free Style machines.

So you don’t get them mixed up and drink someone else’s spit and crazy freestyle concoction.

• Haha 1

Ok, I guess that makes sense but I'd like to hear the OP's reason. We usually only use these cups in the Free Style machines. The rest of the time they sit in the room. I'm pretty good at keeping track of my own cup.😀

On 5/26/2024 at 6:22 PM, Pratique said:

I always get my cup at a bar and the bartenders always ask me what color I want. 

8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

I miss the old cups from decade ago that held cold and hot drinks, though they held about 12oz instead of 16

On the other hand, I don’t miss those cheap single color cups they used for a few months a year or so ago. 

4 hours ago, Jcol5786 said:

Just wondering why you need to tag these cups? They all will work the same in the Free Style machines.

Reasons for identifying cups:  We're a group of 12, and about 2/3 of the group purchased a drink package of some sort.  We'll be eating together frequently, and it'll be nice to know that you're drinking out of your own cup.  

• Like 1

Yeah, if I was with a group of people, I don't wanna be drinking out of someone elses cup!! 

On a side note.....

I'm not gonna lie, the cups seem like a pretty big waste of room. I see a lot of people say they never use them, or leave them behind- feels like that would pile up and take a lot of room in the ship trash after a while.  Plus who feels like lugging those things around, AND if someone loses one and someone else finds it- the person who finds it now basically has free access to the machine all week. I wonder if somewhere down the line they'd just add card swipes to the machines and activate them with your seapass when you have a package, rather than store and trash all of those cups. We sailed twice last year and already have 4 of them... will be getting 2 more in July... and this time on a ship that can't even use them, We started saving them as souvenirs for the neighborhood kids because we feel bad leaving them or trashing them. 

If you don't feel like lugging the cup around all the time, you could break it, to get to the RFID tag in the bottom. Then you could stick it on an old hotel card with magnetic strip (not the cruise card, as it probably interferes with the RFID chip in that card) and just get the regular glasses they have near the soda machines anyways.

Just be careful when breaking the cups, don't cut yourself.

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

On the other hand, I don’t miss those cheap single color cups they used for a few months a year or so ago. 

Mean the ones look like get at an amusement park? Seen some those off/on from 2021-last fall. 

35 minutes ago, Brandis said:

If you don't feel like lugging the cup around all the time, you could break it, to get to the RFID tag in the bottom. Then you could stick it on an old hotel card with magnetic strip (not the cruise card, as it probably interferes with the RFID chip in that card) and just get the regular glasses they have near the soda machines anyways.

Just be careful when breaking the cups, don't cut yourself.

Funny thing is 4 Royal Ships been on last 10yrs on 1 had the actual Freestyle pop machines, other 3 you had get the cup filled at the Bars