Online Check-in Question

We are cruising with my son & his family & my DIL's grandma.  We are all linked together and I can see their booking information.  I am assuming that since I can see their information (billing, etc), I will be able to do the online check-in for all three bookings.  Is that correct?  Do I have to choose my own port check-in time first and save, then do theirs or can I do all three at the same time and then save.  I hope that makes sense.  Just trying to figure out how to do all three so we have the same port check-in time.  Then they can go in the next day and complete all the remaining info & sign the kids up for camp, etc.  Do I have it right?  Any tips from those who have done this?

Thanks for any help!

6 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

We are cruising with my son & his family & my DIL's grandma.  We are all linked together and I can see their booking information.  I am assuming that since I can see their information (billing, etc), I will be able to do the online check-in for all three bookings.  Is that correct?  Do I have to choose my own port check-in time first and save, then do theirs or can I do all three at the same time and then save.  I hope that makes sense.  Just trying to figure out how to do all three so we have the same port check-in time.  Then they can go in the next day and complete all the remaining info & sign the kids up for camp, etc.  Do I have it right?  Any tips from those who have done this?

Thanks for any help!

Just having them linked won't allow you to do their check-in.  You will have to log in with their account information and password.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Just having them linked won't allow you to do their check-in.  You will have to log in with their account information and password.

I could make a payment on their account if I wanted to. But, I can't do their check-in?  I thought if I could make payments, I could do their check-in.  Thanks for the info.

In the past I have done online check-in for multiple linked reservations more than a few times. I have had people sail with us that do not have computers and can barely work a cell phone. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, finoky said:

In the past I have done online check-in for multiple linked reservations more than a few times. I have had people sail with us that do not have computers and can barely work a cell phone. 

I could be wrong, but when we did it in the past, I had to log into our traveling partner's account to check them in.

• Like 1

Thanks for both answers.  Hope to hear from a few others to see if there is a trend.  I figured it would be easier for me to do everyone, and only one person would have to be up to do it.

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I could be wrong, but when we did it in the past, I had to log into our traveling partner's account to check them in.

The people I did it for do not have accounts. The reservations were linked. I could see everything from my login. I did it all for them. There would be no other way possible they could do this on their own. They are not capable. 

17 minutes ago, finoky said:

The people I did it for do not have accounts. The reservations were linked. I could see everything from my login. I did it all for them. There would be no other way possible they could do this on their own. They are not capable. 

Mine can do it, justr trying to make it easier. We are listed as Cruise Companions, but our PVP actually linked the reservations.  I'm hoping that makes a difference.  It just seemed that if I could see their actual account balances and pay on their cruise if I wanted to, then I should be able to check them in.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, finoky said:

Are they just linked cruises, or are there two room with four people all booked through your account?

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

I am following for answer to this as well. DH and myself have a cabin. Linked to ours is a cabin for daughter, SIL & granddaughter. I want to check in for same boarding time for all of us. I should be able to because I paid for both cabins, right?

• Like 1

I do this every cruise. We cruise typically with three rooms. Each room books on their own and then our PVP links them. Once they are linked, I add the other two cruises to my cruise manager. You just need their booking number to do this. On check in day, I check in all three rooms at the same time. I have never had to log in to their accounts. They will go in after they are checked in to complete the remainder of their information (passports/credit card info). We can each print out our own boarding passes or they can be printed out by one person. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/27/2024 at 9:57 AM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Actually you can do this, I do it all the time with my cruise family as we are all linked and are shown on my account and we are not at the same loyalty level

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, tytanbri said:

I do this every cruise. We cruise typically with three rooms. Each room books on their own and then our PVP links them. Once they are linked, I add the other two cruises to my cruise manager. You just need their booking number to do this. On check in day, I check in all three rooms at the same time. I have never had to log in to their accounts. They will go in after they are checked in to complete the remainder of their information (passports/credit card info). We can each print out our own boarding passes or they can be printed out by one person. 

Hope this helps!

Exactly what I have been saying. You did explain it in a bit more detail but yes it can be done exactly like this. Easy peasy.

Edited by finoky

10 hours ago, tytanbri said:

Hope this helps!

Apparently knowing someone's booking number and last name means you can cancel their cruise.  

20 hours ago, tytanbri said:

Hope this helps!

Thank you!  That was my thought since I could actually pay on their account if I wanted to.  I can see all their details in my cruise mananger page. Glad to hear others have been able to do this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Apparently knowing someone's booking number and last name means you can cancel their cruise.  

I believe I read she posted all her details online, is that correct?  I can't imagine why anyone would post their booking number online.  I don't even post we are going on a cruise until after we return. 

2 hours ago, TerReuv said:

I believe I read she posted all her details online, is that correct?  I can't imagine why anyone would post their booking number online.  I don't even post we are going on a cruise until after we return. 

Yep, posted her booking number so just needed that and a last name...  that's scary easy

• Like 1