Havana Interior cabins - any bad locations?

Was looking at a cruise on the Vista at the Havana Interior cabins. The offer my sister has, we could do a guarantee cabin for $900 less than if we picked our own cabin. All the Havana cabins are in the back part of the ship, correct? Would there be a bad location that we might get if we went with a guarantee? $900 is a lot of money. 🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, straitlover1965 said:

Was looking at a cruise on the Vista at the Havana Interior cabins. The offer my sister has, we could do a guarantee cabin for $900 less than if we picked our own cabin. All the Havana cabins are in the back part of the ship, correct? Would there be a bad location that we might get if we went with a guarantee? $900 is a lot of money. 🙂

In our opinion, if it saves $900, no.😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

In our opinion,  no.😎

You latest review is what has me wanting to try it out. 🙂 The higher price is a little too rich for my blood, but that cheaper price is not bad! Will have to talk to sis and hope the rooms are still available in the offer. Thanks!

To me there is not a bad interior Havana Cabin.  But be careful, I don't think they do guaranteed cabins in Havana.  If you choose a guaranteed cabin it will be an interior room somewhere else on the ship.  It will not be Havana.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dallasdan said:

To me there is not a bad interior Havana Cabin.  But be careful, I don't think they do guaranteed cabins in Havana.  If you choose a guaranteed cabin it will be an interior room somewhere else on the ship.  It will not be Havana.

It is listed as Havana Interior guarantee and costs more than a regular interior guarantee, so they better not do that! I will probably try and book through the PVP for this to make sure we get what we're after (usually book on my own, but I do have a PVP because he calls every time I log in and search cruises!).

• Like 1

Havana Interiors are great!  We've stayed in them multiple times.  There isn't a bad location per se, but the closer you are to the bar area, the more band noise you'll have.

It's not annoying by any means, the the band stops by midnight.  If you are early to bed folks, 

id try to choose a cabin near the opposite end.  It never bothers us.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2024 at 3:10 PM, straitlover1965 said:

It is listed as Havana Interior guarantee and costs more than a regular interior guarantee, so they better not do that! I will probably try and book through the PVP for this to make sure we get what we're after (usually book on my own, but I do have a PVP because he calls every time I log in and search cruises!).

Be careful because I've seen people choose Havana, then let Carnival choose their room which reduces the price quite a bit, but ends up still being higher than the cheapest rate and they still don't get Havana because they didn't read the actual rate code.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 9:52 AM, dallasdan said:

me there is not a bad interior Havana Cabin.  But be careful, I don't think they do guaranteed cabins in Havana.  If you choose a guaranteed cabin it will be an interior room somewhere else on the ship.  It will not be Havana.

This is correct - and it's confusing the way Carnival lists it (I see why people think it's a Havana guarantee) but I've heard multiple stories of people who think they've booked a inside guarantee in the Havana area but ended up elsewhere. 

Several years ago I almost did the same thing on Panorama, but fortunately I ended up calling Carnival and got a really good representative who explained we would not end up in the Havana section if we booked it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

This is correct - and it's confusing the way Carnival lists it (I see why people think it's a Havana guarantee) but I've heard multiple stories of people who think they've booked a inside guarantee in the Havana area but ended up elsewhere. 

Several years ago I almost did the same thing on Panorama, but fortunately I ended up calling Carnival and got a really good representative who explained we would not end up in the Havana section if we booked it.

I tried to warn the OP.

you will want to call carnival to verify this, but I have never seen a Havana guarantee booking. When you click on a Havana interior cabin, the cheapest cabin that pops up is the "guarantee" rate, which is a guarantee inside cabin somewhere on the ship. It does NOT mean this is a guarantee Havana interior cabin. 

• Like 2

I said that I was going to verify before booking. When you click on the Havana interior, it does show two offers, one where you choose your cabin and one where it says Carnival will choose your cabin, so it is confusing. We won't be able to do it in 2025 (already have a cruise booked for April 2025), so we will see what comes up in offers once the 2026 cruises are posted.

• Like 1

I looked at Havana interior cabins on the Vista and there are a few on deck 5 and a couple on deck 7.  I remember in the past seeing some Havana cabins on deck 6.  I would think that the best cabins are on deck 5 because that's where the bar and pool are.  Any other deck and you would be using the stairs to get to the Havana bar/pool area.  At one point there were guaranteed Havana interior cabins available and I wouldn't take a chance on them because I would want deck 5 and not the deck above.  Meanwhile the price went way up and I ended up booking a cove balcony for less than the Havana interior.  

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 9:17 AM, straitlover1965 said:

I said that I was going to verify before booking. When you click on the Havana interior, it does show two offers, one where you choose your cabin and one where it says Carnival will choose your cabin, so it is confusing. We won't be able to do it in 2025 (already have a cruise booked for April 2025), so we will see what comes up in offers once the 2026 cruises are posted.

The offer where Carnival will choose your cabin is the guarantee offer, where they can stick you anywhere. 

I did see that you were going to call them, but this offer means it is *not* a Havana guarantee cabin, but just a guarantee that you have an interior cabin somewhere on the ship. It would be highly unlikely that it would be in the Havana area, as those cabins typically sell out quite a bit in advance. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 6:59 PM, Cinnamon2 said:

I looked at Havana interior cabins on the Vista and there are a few on deck 5 and a couple on deck 7.  I remember in the past seeing some Havana cabins on deck 6.  I would think that the best cabins are on deck 5 because that's where the bar and pool are.  Any other deck and you would be using the stairs to get to the Havana bar/pool area.  At one point there were guaranteed Havana interior cabins available and I wouldn't take a chance on them because I would want deck 5 and not the deck above.  Meanwhile the price went way up and I ended up booking a cove balcony for less than the Havana interior.  

yes, but the issue with the interior Havanas on deck 5 is that some are near the bar (and the associated bandstand noise). Also, ALL the interior Havana cabins on deck 5 are over the MDR, and have speakers in the floor, so when the music is turned up when the waiters dance, you can CLEARLY hear it. This last point bothers some more than others. 

Edited by UPNYGuy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

yes, but the issue with the interior Havanas on deck 5 is that some are near the bar (and the associated bandstand noise). Also, ALL the interior Havana cabins on deck 5 are over the MDR, and have speakers in the floor, so when the music is turned up when the waiters dance, you can CLEARLY hear it. This last point bothers some more than others. 

28 days in Havana interiors on Deck 5 and never had issues with the above. YMMV. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

28 days in Havana interiors on Deck 5 and never had issues with the above. YMMV. 😎

correct. I try to look for cabins away from bars, away from family cabins or connecting doors, etc… I get very annoyed when I hear noise in my cabin. Granted, I tend to spend more time in my cabin than the average person. 

Edited by UPNYGuy
  • Like 1