No Venetian Society Number.

KY Deb

On 6/6/2024 at 3:29 PM, takemewithyou said:

Were you then given a membership number for Venetian Society?

If so, I can not see how to do it.

I got signed on through Celebrity App to The VenetianSociety Did not get a number. Supposedly we are to receive a welcome letter, but I haven't received yet .

My TA is working on this but not getting very far with Royal Caribbean

After I signed up through the Celebrity App, a day or so later I checked on the My Silversea website, Venetian Society page, then Loyalty Status in the menu on the left. The following showed:

image.png.65fa3028af1d526723fa944d80a4bfc1.png

It shows the correct 100VS Days, but no number yet. I read somewhere that it can take up to 7 days (assume business days) to process the Venetian Society enrollment, so I am guessing a number will appear in a few days, along with a welcome email

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ropomo said:

After I signed up through the Celebrity App, a day or so later I checked on the My Silversea website, Venetian Society page, then Loyalty Status in the menu on the left. The following showed:

image.png.65fa3028af1d526723fa944d80a4bfc1.png

It shows the correct 100VS Days, but no number yet. I read somewhere that it can take up to 7 days (assume business days) to process the Venetian Society enrollment, so I am guessing a number will appear in a few days, along with a welcome email

Ours shows the same.  We never received the welcome email (checked spam, nothing there).  

We've had issues with RCCL's email server getting critical emails to us.  Celebrity Cruise spam ads come through daily, but important email appears to be beyond their capabilities.  We had this on a previous cruise when their MoveUp emails never arrived (yet my first time Celebrity cruising sister received them...).  Customer service was of zero help to resolve the issue.  Apparently, running $billion ships is easy but IT is hard.  SMH.

Edited by admranger
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, admranger said:

Ours shows the same.  We never received the welcome email (checked spam, nothing there).  

We've had issues with RCCL's email server getting critical emails to us.  Celebrity Cruise spam ads come through daily, but important email appears to be beyond their capabilities.  We had this on a previous cruise when their MoveUp emails never arrived (yet my first time Celebrity cruising sister received them...).  Customer service was of zero help to resolve the issue.  Apparently, running $billion ships is easy but IT is hard.  SMH.

Spam filtering tends to be an issue with your email server and not the company sending emails.  Xfinity blocks some emails and let others through which don't make sense.  When I had an issue like this where I needed to see the emails I created a gmail email and use that with no issues.

I received my loyalty match with no number Sunday night.  Hopefully will have a number by next Sunday.  

Edited by Dirk_Pitt

1 minute ago, Dirk_Pitt said:

Spam tends to be an issue with your email server and not the company sending emails.  Xfinity blocks some emails and let others through which don't make sense.  When I had an issue like this where I needed to see the emails I created a gmail email and use that with no issues.

I received my loyalty match with no number Sunday night.  Hopefully will have a number by next Sunday.  

My email address is a gmail address.  

4 minutes ago, admranger said:

My email address is a gmail address.  

That doesn't change the issue being with the email server.  Not trying to be argumentative, just explaining how the technology and IT works.

6 minutes ago, Dirk_Pitt said:

That doesn't change the issue being with the email server.  Not trying to be argumentative, just explaining how the technology and IT works.

Understood.  However, it seems odd that RCCL cannot find a way to get their important emails through a common gmail server.  I have no ability on my end that I'm aware of since, never having received the emails, what should I tell gmail to do (and how would I tell the giant how to do anything?).  It is infuriating that RCCL can send me hundreds of non-important emails every year, but cannot or will not do anything to get the few important ones to me.

40 minutes ago, continental girl said:

I enrolled in Venetian Society on Sunday June 2nd. Had my status matched but no number yet, and yes I have checked my email and junk mail and there is nothing there.  Has anyone else waited this long?

same

1 hour ago, Dirk_Pitt said:

same

2 hours ago, continental girl said:

I enrolled in Venetian Society on Sunday June 2nd. Had my status matched but no number yet, and yes I have checked my email and junk mail and there is nothing there.  Has anyone else waited this long?

I enrolled in status match a week ago. Within 3 days I was showing status match to 100VD nights. Never cruised with SilverSea and leaving Saturday on the Ray.

Logged into to find that my profile now has a VS number! 

Im all packed in a carryon only now that free laundry is in play!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KY Deb said:

Me, too!  Now good for July on the Shadow! 

My number has now populated as well.  Leave next Tuesday on the Shadow.  No welcome email though.

Edited by admranger
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I got mine as well; it is not showing in the Celebrity app, but I have an upcoming Silversea booking (2025) and it shows there and also in the VS section of the SS website.  

Edited by johng75370

We are booked on the Shadow leaving Quebec on August 17.  We were assigned VS numbers about a week after confirming our Elite status with Celebrity.  This is our first time with Silversea.

14 hours ago, admranger said:

Received my welcome email yesterday!  Now we both have VS numbers and a welcome email.  Yay!

we have a VS number, but still no welcome email. 

We had a similar issue. My husband got the email, I didn't, I called and got the match. I checked the other day and he didn't get the match even though he received the email. He has it now, but it took another call.

Additional question, does anyone know if there is a limit to the free laundry perk? This will greatly impact how much we pack!

14 minutes ago, cruiserj12 said:

We had a similar issue. My husband got the email, I didn't, I called and got the match. I checked the other day and he didn't get the match even though he received the email. He has it now, but it took another call.

Additional question, does anyone know if there is a limit to the free laundry perk? This will greatly impact how much we pack!

Please ignore my question. I found the answer! I should have read the terms and conditions before asking the question.

4.2.e “Complimentary Laundry & Pressing” provides eligible Members with unlimited complimentary laundry and pressing services during their Voyage. Benefit is press only and excludes all dry-cleaning services.

https://www.silversea.com/vs-status-match-terms-and-conditions.html

On 6/16/2024 at 9:03 AM, cruiserj12 said:

Thanks for posting this.  I received the email today and mine included the VS#.  However when I link it on my page it still is not showing the Venetian Society section.  I also did a mock booking and the proper discount was not being applied.  Looks like I need to make a phone call too.

I know they are likely overwelmed with doing all this, so mistakes are inevitable.  Hopefully they fix mine soon though as I have a cruise I want to book. 

On 6/16/2024 at 9:18 AM, cruiserj12 said:

Please ignore my question. I found the answer! I should have read the terms and conditions before asking the question.

4.2.e “Complimentary Laundry & Pressing” provides eligible Members with unlimited complimentary laundry and pressing services during their Voyage. Benefit is press only and excludes all dry-cleaning services.

https://www.silversea.com/vs-status-match-terms-and-conditions.html

As I am currently sailing on the Shadow I will say I have fully taken advantage of the free laundry.  If you get it to your butler before 9am you will have it back in your room that afternoon!  Very impressive service.  Every piece that I have sent out has been returned folded or hung up on hangers (even my t-shirts were on hangers!).