Loyalty Questions

ropomo

I have a couple of Loyalty program questions that I haven't been able to find answers.

For pre/post SS hotels, will SS link your hotel loyalty number to your booking if you provide the number to your SS representative? Example: I have a SS cruise coming up disembarking in late July. The pre-cruise SS hotel is a Hilton property. I have significant Hilton status and would like to receive the benefits if possible. Not sure if Hilton honors the benefits for contract bookings and if they do, will SS arrange linkage to account or can I provide account number when checking in.

With my new found VS loyalty match status, I am eligible for the 5% future cruise booking discount. I am currently coordinating a family cruise with SS and will be booking 4 or 5 cabins. My SS representative told me prior to gaining VS status that we will receive a discount/OBC for booking three or more cabins or one free passenger fare if booking 5 cabins. Am I correct in assuming that I can only receive the 5% discount for my cabin, or can it be applied to all cabins I book?

Thanks for any insight

I have found that hotels (Hilton in particular) will not give points when someone else (cruise line) pays for the room.  However they will provide benefits when you check in.  Try it.

Ropomo, Thank you for starting this thread. With the new status match, we are now at the 100 days VS status level. The main perk we will likely use on our cruise at the end of this month is the free laundry/pressing. Can anyone who has used this perk from the 100 Days VS level tell me more about it? Is there a limit? This will greatly impact how much we pack for the trip!

2 minutes ago, cruiserj12 said:

Ropomo, Thank you for starting this thread. With the new status match, we are now at the 100 days VS status level. The main perk we will likely use on our cruise at the end of this month is the free laundry/pressing. Can anyone who has used this perk from the 100 Days VS level tell me more about it? Is there a limit? This will greatly impact how much we pack for the trip!

According to the benefit description, it says "unlimited" but excludes dry cleaning services. We too are looking forward to this benefit on our upcoming cruise.

11 minutes ago, ropomo said:

According to the benefit description, it says "unlimited" but excludes dry cleaning services. We too are looking forward to this benefit on our upcoming cruise.

Thanks, I must have missed the unlimited in the description.

Found it! I should have read the terms and conditions.

4.2.e “Complimentary Laundry & Pressing” provides eligible Members with unlimited complimentary laundry and pressing services during their Voyage. Benefit is press only and excludes all dry-cleaning services.

https://www.silversea.com/vs-status-match-terms-and-conditions.html

3 hours ago, ropomo said:

I have a couple of Loyalty program questions that I haven't been able to find answers.

For pre/post SS hotels, will SS link your hotel loyalty number to your booking if you provide the number to your SS representative? Example: I have a SS cruise coming up disembarking in late July. The pre-cruise SS hotel is a Hilton property. I have significant Hilton status and would like to receive the benefits if possible. Not sure if Hilton honors the benefits for contract bookings and if they do, will SS arrange linkage to account or can I provide account number when checking in.

With my new found VS loyalty match status, I am eligible for the 5% future cruise booking discount. I am currently coordinating a family cruise with SS and will be booking 4 or 5 cabins. My SS representative told me prior to gaining VS status that we will receive a discount/OBC for booking three or more cabins or one free passenger fare if booking 5 cabins. Am I correct in assuming that I can only receive the 5% discount for my cabin, or can it be applied to all cabins I book?

Thanks for any insight

I suggest contacting the hotel in advance, especially if you plan on spending more than one night there. We booked an extra night at a Hilton pre-cruise hotel and emailed the hotel a couple of weeks before the cruise to ensure that we remained in the same room and to confirm our Concierge Lounge entitlement for the whole stay. Silversea pays for the pre-cruise day's breakfast so you don't need to worry about that.  

I was in an Accor Hotel, Fairmont, as an included hotel with Silversea and they wouldn't give me any credit for the room based on what Silversea had paid, but told me I would get credit for any meals, etc. that I would pay for on my own.

• Like 1

Silversea gets a reduced rate at hotels in the same way online consolidators do. Basically all the chains exclude these rates for their loyalty schemes. They will though give benefits if a registered TA such as Amex travel makes the booking.

But always ask on check in. Once when good special came up through a consolidator for a Marriott hotel I got all the benefits of status. But that was the one and only time.

About "Dry" cleaning....  It is now "Wet" cleaning so before sending suits or expensive outfits out, you might want to double check the process.  I've not tried it because of FEAR but if you do, please let me know your results.