Dinner for Two with Platinum loyalty status?

3 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

By first you mean the first meals of your cruise nights which the other choices on later days? Or just the order in which you book them 125 (or earlier) out.

The orde you book them. Doesn't have to be the first on the cruise.

• Like 1

Thanks ya'll; I leave this thread an exceptionally educated man! Everyone has answered my questions! Now I just have to wait another 6 months or so until I can actually put my new knowledge to work!

Doug

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Now I just have to wait another 6 months or so until I can actually put my new knowledge to work!

Six months?? Good luck remembering all of this stuff.

Oh wait, I was mixing you up with me. I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning...or if I even had breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here is another little tip (or "hack" as the kids would say):  Assuming you have a FAS drink package, choose your complimentary bottle of wine but tell the server to give it to you unopened.  Since you can order wine with dinner anyway there is no point in drinking your complimentary bottle in the restaurant.  This way you can enjoy the bottle in your cabin or take it to your hotel when you leave the ship.  Sparkling wine is handy since you won't need a corkscrew to open it. 

• Like 6

Another tip, read the fine print on the Platinum coupons and/or the footnotes on the NCL Latitudes Rewards webpage. Depending on the ship and what restaurants it has, you may be able to use a Platinum coupon to get something like sushi or some small plates at Food Republic or a tapas bar.  

"In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar)." 

The first time my friend and I did this, we ended up with way too much sushi! Four menu items at a sushi restaurant can be a lot of food.

1 minute ago, scorpioncrawl said:

Thank you, Asawi! One more question? Is there a set dollar amount behind the FAS meals when ordering?  Or can you choose anything from the menu?

Anything. If there is an additional cost (some items in Cagney's and Le Bistro I think) it is clearly stated in the menu

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks ya'll; I leave this thread an exceptionally educated man! Everyone has answered my questions! Now I just have to wait another 6 months or so until I can actually put my new knowledge to work!

Doug

Doug,

Don't forget that if you booked your stateroom with the Free at Sea (FAS) option, you also will get one or more meals in a specialty restaurant.  The number depends on the length of your cruise and your cabin category.  So, you will have the opportunity to visit specialty restaurants three or perhaps four times on your cruise without additional charge.  Check your eDocs for the promo codes near the top right of the document or look for your amenity confirmation to see how many specialty dining nights you have been comped.

Thank you all for these posts, learnt so much😁

I have just one question…we are 1st time Platinum for our next cruise, with 1 FAS speciality dining but are travelling with friends who are 1st timers on NCL. Can I make reservations in the specialty dining  restaurants for all 4 of us in advance??

7 minutes ago, suech1970 said:

Thank you all for these posts, learnt so much😁

I have just one question…we are 1st time Platinum for our next cruise, with 1 FAS speciality dining but are travelling with friends who are 1st timers on NCL. Can I make reservations in the specialty dining  restaurants for all 4 of us in advance??

Absolutely! Just book for 4.

Asawi is correct, if you are platinum, you should get 2 more dinners for 2, the vouchers will be in your cabin. Of course your friends on the first cruise will have to pay for their dinners.

3 hours ago, scorpioncrawl said:

Thank you, Asawi! One more question? Is there a set dollar amount behind the FAS meals when ordering?  Or can you choose anything from the menu?

Just one more note.  There is a difference in what you get between the FAS meals and the Platinum meals in the a la carte restaurants.  At least there was the last time I was onboard.  The rules aren’t strictly enforced.  If I recall correctly, with FAS you each get an app, soup or salad, an entree and dessert (as well as I believe two sides each in Cagneys).  With the Platinum vouchers it’s only three courses - an Appetizer OR soup or salad, an entree and dessert, plus the two sides.  It’s still plenty of food, but beware.  So, you may be better off using the FAS for Cagneys.

8 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

By first you mean the first meals of your cruise nights which the other choices on later days? Or just the order in which you book them 125 (or earlier) out.

My wive reminded me Moderna is not to out liking, simply too much tempting meat! But we have not tried Teppenjaki, we might try that this cruise. For now, here's how we'd like to book them:

Cagney's 2nd night of the cruise about 1800-1900

Le Bistro 3rd night of the cruise about 1800-1900

Teppenjaki 4th night of the cruise about 1800-1900

Cagney's 5th night of the cruise about 1800-1900

I'd plan on booking them online, in that order, exactly 125 days prior departure. Or are you saying I ought to book Teppenjaki first of the four meals? First in the case, as in 2nd night? Or first I add to my schedule which would be the 4th night?

Doug

PS - I promiss to soon ask no more questions......thanks for everyone's help!

no problems.  ask away!!!  that is what the group is for.  and I meant to book it first.  It does not matter which order you actually do the meals

7 hours ago, JustAllie said:

Another tip, read the fine print on the Platinum coupons and/or the footnotes on the NCL Latitudes Rewards webpage. Depending on the ship and what restaurants it has, you may be able to use a Platinum coupon to get something like sushi or some small plates at Food Republic or a tapas bar.  

"In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar)." 

The first time my friend and I did this, we ended up with way too much sushi! Four menu items at a sushi restaurant can be a lot of food.

yes, this is nice.  and I highly recommend food republic.  Teppanyaki and Hasuki doesn't apply for this, though.  those are fixed priced restaurants

22 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Six months?? Good luck remembering all of this stuff.

Oh wait, I was mixing you up with me. I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning...or if I even had breakfast.

Ha, nice to know I am not alone!😁

Doug

22 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Here is another little tip (or "hack" as the kids would say):  Assuming you have a FAS drink package, choose your complimentary bottle of wine but tell the server to give it to you unopened.  Since you can order wine with dinner anyway there is no point in drinking your complimentary bottle in the restaurant.  This way you can enjoy the bottle in your cabin or take it to your hotel when you leave the ship.  Sparkling wine is handy since you won't need a corkscrew to open it. 

Thanks. Yes, we do have the FAS drink package.

That is a great tip, especially since I rarely drink wine, and never with dinner. (Yes, I know, I am unusual😜 - give me a pre-dinner martini instead!) However, my wife is a wine with-dinner-or-anytime drinker, so your tip will serve her well. We can have our drinks the next day on the balcony, including that bottle.

Doug

22 hours ago, JustAllie said:

Sushi? Oh, you mean fancy bait for fishing? Ha, just kidding.😉

Thanks for that idea, it had not occurred to me.

• Haha 2

On 6/18/2024 at 9:29 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Really? Wow, that's a great perk. I thought it was one meal for two people when I read this at the Loyalty page:

image.png.225c1ae487a0d9f06de39a7c60f039d2.png

There are two lines on the loyalty page:

Dinner for Two with a Bottle of Wine6
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two6
(per stateroom)

They are two separate meals for two.  You just cannot use them at the same restaurant twice.  You can see the details on the loyalty page for the respective footnotes.

6 hours ago, DinaS said:

There are two lines on the loyalty page:

Dinner for Two with a Bottle of Wine6
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two6
(per stateroom)

They are two separate meals for two.  You just cannot use them at the same restaurant twice.  You can see the details on the loyalty page for the respective footnotes.

Thanks, I did finally see that earlier. That's a very nice perk I must admit.

Doug

On 6/18/2024 at 9:10 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm a bit confused on the terminology. Can I assume the "la carte restaurant" is what I'm calling a specialty dining venue, like Cagney's Steakhouse? Otherwise I'm not sure what a la carte is....I ought to know that, but I've probably forgotten.😜

What's the "Fixed Price" restaurant?

What's FAS meals?

Thanks

A “fixed price” specialty restaurant is one where you pay a single price to eat. The menu has no prices, because you just pay the one fixed price to eat. These include Teppanyaki and Moderno. For these restaurants, when you book before the cruise you pay at the time of booking.

An “a la carte” specialty restaurant is one where each item has a price on the menu. Your total cost depends on what you order. This is like a typical land restaurant. For these, when you book online you are not charged anything because they don’t know until you eat what the total will be.

The “FAS” meals are the meals you get with you booking as part of the Free At Sea promotion. The NCL website will recognize these and count them when you reserve online.

Because of that it’s a good idea to book any fixed price restaurants first. This way the website will use the FAS meal credit and not charge you the fixed price.

Since a la carte reservations aren’t charged when you book, you can reserve them after the fixed price ones. Then when you’re on the ship and go to eat you just tell them you’re using your Platinum voucher and the meal is free.