Vision cruise: some things I learned

We just completed the June 13-22 Bermuda/Nassau/Coco Cay cruise from Baltimore. It was probably the best of the 8 RC Baltimore cruises we've taken since the restart in 2022.

A nice addition, made during the recent drydock: a motion sensor nightlight in the ceiling just outside the bathroom. It comes on gradually, and when done, fades gradually, so as not to wake up a sleeping companion.  Very helpful.

We learned that the Baltimore ships sail at an average of 98% of capacity, probably ahead of most departure ports.

We learned that the Chief Engineer's main aggravation is the people who try to flush "things" such as WJ cloth napkins. He said it can affect up to 200 cabins.

I have long had the suspicion that the reason that boxes of Kleenex are no longer placed in the bathroom is that they are not flushable. Sure enough, the card in the bathroom, and Cruise Compass, now specifically say not to flush Kleenex tissues.

I have a feeling that Vision is going to be Ship of the Year for 2024, as she was in 2023.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We learned that the Baltimore ships sail at an average of 98% of capacity, probably ahead of most departure ports.

Actually that's probably pretty low for North American departures. But it makes sense since Vision has a lot of long cruises.

I'm on that same itinerary next year.

36 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We just completed the June 13-22 Bermuda/Nassau/Coco Cay cruise from Baltimore. It was probably the best of the 8 RC Baltimore cruises we've taken since the restart in 2022.

A nice addition, made during the recent drydock: a motion sensor nightlight in the ceiling just outside the bathroom. It comes on gradually, and when done, fades gradually, so as not to wake up a sleeping companion.  Very helpful.

We learned that the Chief Engineer's main aggravation is the people who try to flush "things" such as WJ cloth napkins. He said it can affect up to 200 cabins.

I have long had the suspicion that the reason that boxes of Kleenex are no longer placed in the bathroom is that they are not flushable. Sure enough, the card in the bathroom, and Cruise Compass, now specifically say not to flush Kleenex tissues.

I have a feeling that Vision is going to be Ship of the Year for 2024, as she was in 2023.

We'll be on the 17 Aug Bermuda cruise.  We have cruised out of Baltimore 14 times on Royal and twice out of Norfolk (b2b for the two before drydock).  Baltimore is extremely popular and always sails full.  

38 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Oh wow, that sounds like a great addition! Hopefully they will work their way into other ships. 🙂

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Do you know if they installed the night light in all cabins or just certain categories?