Sunset cabins help on Edge Class

Stx3me

Hello,

We were in the Beyond in a IV cabin and decided it’s not for us but we do like the ship overall. We are trying to book another cruise in the sunset veranda class but can find no option on any Edge class ship to select this cabin type. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks much.

There are definitely sunset veranda cabins on this class.  We are booked in cabin 9310 on the Edge which is a sunset veranda.  I checked Beyond deck plans and has sunset verandas as well. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/cruise-ships/celebrity-beyond/deck-plan 

Perhaps the sailing you are looking at that category is sold out? 

• Like 1

How did you book your cabin specifically? Was it during the ‘select the category’ step? Every sailing of any Edge class does not indicate an option for sunset verandas?

The sunset verandas on the Edge class ships are so much in demand that they virtually sell out now in the first month that Celebrity first releases the itinerary. You might get really lucky and find one when there is a cancellation but you would have to be checking almost every day. 

28 minutes ago, Stx3me said:

Hello,

We were in the Beyond in a IV cabin and decided it’s not for us but we do like the ship overall. We are trying to book another cruise in the sunset veranda class but can find no option on any Edge class ship to select this cabin type. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks much.

I'm booked in a Sunset Veranda on Apex in December - while other Verandas for my sailing are still available my category was the first to sell out so most likely that's the case with the sailings you are looking it

I booked an SV on the Edge two years in advance for an Australian cruise.  Less than a month later, they were all sold out. You have to be fast to get one of these cabins.

We always book sunset verandas and learned quickly that you definitely have to book WAY in advance to get one.  I’ve also heard that because they’re so in demand that the likelihood of winning a move up bid into a suite is high.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mauidiver said:

We always book sunset verandas and learned quickly that you definitely have to book WAY in advance to get one.  I’ve also heard that because they’re so in demand that the likelihood of winning a move up bid into a suite is high.  

I had one(SV)and moved up to a suite.  Actually, that was my plan.  So, I can confirm that it worked for me in the Med.  Although, I like the cabin a lot, especially the shower due to the suite having more of a tub🤷‍♀️.

Edited by Lastdance

We just sailed the first time on Edge for her first cruise to Alaska in May. We were right in the middle 10280. There was a swing door at the middle of the back hallway, but never heard anything from it. If you book the more corner ones you will have your own corridor. 

We knew we did not want an IV. We enjoyed our cabin. We did not have a lounger, but the cabin attendant brought one for me...

We could hear some sound which was the music in the Edge lounge, but not hear the music like you could not make out any songs. Only a few times and it was not a bother. 

If we ever sail on an Edge class ship again. It will be in a Sunset Veranda. It will have to be the trip of a lifetime, or be free to sail Edge class again. We would take an S or M class anytime, anyplace.

IMG_8816.JPG

IMG_8929.JPG

IMG_8835.JPG

IMG_8837.JPG

IMG_8838.JPG

IMG_8839.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9142.JPG

Posted (edited)

That view and huge verandah are what draws people to Sunset Verandahs and why they sell out fast.  Some downsides are:

1. more ship movement (pitch) than closer to the middle;

2. long walks from stairs and elevators;

3. Noise/rumble from the propellers; and

4. the top tier is below the buffet restaurant and/or bar and there are privacy issues (people can look over the side to your verandah, and there is noise at times (like any cabin beneath a restaurant).

We are booked in one this Fall on the Beyond and then Fall 2025 on the Millenium, and Sunset Verandals are sold out on both cruises.

Edited by Andy_Pr

All 3 of our upcoming cruises are on an E class ship. We booked a SV for all 3. We got lucky for our cruise in November as someone must have cancelled their SV. We just booked in in May. We had been checking each day to find one available. The other cruises were booked well in advance. Our Excel cruise was booked in January. At that time we got the only available SV. 

I agree the walk from the mid ship elevator was a pain, especially if we were at Eden at the time. An aft elevator would have been ideal. I think for me was 49 steps...

We did not feel any vibration or motion, except for one night. We stayed in the bed, that's the only thing that mattered.

3 hours ago, Stx3me said:

Thanks. I don’t really care if it’s a suite, what I’m interested in is a traditional balcony 

You may also want to look at Deluxe Porthole View with Veranda.  They have an outdoor balcony space but is enclosed in the hull with a large circular opening to the outside.  Generally much less than SV but also usually more available.  There are some good YouTube videos to give you a perspective.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinyG said:

We just sailed the first time on Edge for her first cruise to Alaska in May. We were right in the middle 10280. There was a swing door at the middle of the back hallway, but never heard anything from it. If you book the more corner ones you will have your own corridor. 

We knew we did not want an IV. We enjoyed our cabin. We did not have a lounger, but the cabin attendant brought one for me...

We could hear some sound which was the music in the Edge lounge, but not hear the music like you could not make out any songs. Only a few times and it was not a bother. 

If we ever sail on an Edge class ship again. It will be in a Sunset Veranda. It will have to be the trip of a lifetime, or be free to sail Edge class again. We would take an S or M class anytime, anyplace.

IMG_8816.JPG

IMG_8929.JPG

IMG_8835.JPG

IMG_8837.JPG

IMG_8838.JPG

IMG_8839.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9142.JPG

Looks like the Celebrity lounger police raided your balcony too. Maybe for an Alaskan cruise, it isn't a big issue.

@TheHawk1 We did not have one, but asked for one and one was provided. He got a nice extra tip as we were leaving.

We even went outside with it raining. Blankets & beach towels worked. We had a sunny day while in Skagway, took a nap. It was great!

IMG_8866.JPG

IMG_8907.JPG

IMG_8894.JPG

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I had one(SV)and moved up to a suite.  Actually, that was my plan.  So, I can confirm that it worked for me in the Med.  Although, I like the cabin a lot, especially the shower due to the suite having more of a tub🤷‍♀️.

Didn’t work for us.  We were in a SV and placed a bid near the top of that range but didn’t win.  However another from the Roll Call, also in a SV placed a much lower bid than us won.  The only difference was they booked AI and we booked cruise only.  

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Didn’t work for us.  We were in a SV and placed a bid near the top of that range but didn’t win.  However another from the Roll Call, also in a SV placed a much lower bid than us won.  The only difference was they booked AI and we booked cruise only.  

Makes me wonder how close both of you were with your bids.  I do enjoy the SV and the shower, as it is, much better for me, than that tub.  The good news is that you saved some money to use on your next cruise.  If we only knew the algorithm...🤗 

We are in an SV for our Panama Canal cruise on Beyond in December. The same exact cabin we had for our Greek Islands cruise in September '22. Looking forward to seeing the Canal from the stern!