Captains Club One Category Upgrade

LIMPIT

13 hours ago, hcat said:

the upgrade to A1 is not always a good move.. check location before you jump on that!  

We were offered  an AQ 1  cabin at the lower AQ 2 price,  which we accepted.  But when I checked the location  it was under a noisy area... I called back and got an A2 in a quieter spot.  Thus my warning to check the location..

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hcat said:

the upgrade to A1 is not always a good move.. check location before you jump on that!  

Very true! I find the A2 cabins are better located than A1.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread I called on a reservation that I made (online) 2 weeks ago to inquire about the upgrade related to my status as Elite. The person was very helpful and explained that since I'm booked in a C1, the "perk" would be to get it at the C2 price; however, when she looked closer she said the price had gone up during the time since I booked, and that the C2 was now more expensive than the C1 I have. I asked, for future cruises, how to secure the upgrade/discount, and she said soon after making the reservation online (like within 24 hours or so) I need to call to have it repriced. Lesson learned!

On 7/26/2024 at 5:58 PM, sayok said:

After reading this thread I called on a reservation that I made (online) 2 weeks ago to inquire about the upgrade related to my status as Elite. The person was very helpful and explained that since I'm booked in a C1, the "perk" would be to get it at the C2 price; however, when she looked closer she said the price had gone up during the time since I booked, and that the C2 was now more expensive than the C1 I have. I asked, for future cruises, how to secure the upgrade/discount, and she said soon after making the reservation online (like within 24 hours or so) I need to call to have it repriced. Lesson learned!

I make the request at the time of making the reservation either on the ship or via phone.  If you are making the reservation online, then call asap.

On 7/17/2024 at 2:26 PM, mahdnc said:

Here is the official Celebrity chart showing the allowable upgrades by ship class (link to the document).

image.png.a7842e99df7e72f6d687a5fa1c100408.png

According to the chart, the answer to your question should be "yes".

Guessing this has no impact on Guaranteed cabins?

5 minutes ago, Veinless said:

I booked a category i1 for my TA cruise next April with a CVP. At the time asked about the one category upgrade to a deluxe inside Di,  he said it doesn't qualify on E class ships. After reading various posts I called Celebrity they said yes it does and upgraded me no charge. A few days ago made final payment on an October cruise mentioned the upgrade to my CVP he said I was lucky to get that as no it does not qualify. So now I'm confused was thinking of sending him the chart but left it alone. Surprised he doesn't know as been with the company for years and very knowledgeable. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Since all of the CC upgrades occur within a guaranteed category (v2 to V1), this perk is not exercisable on a guaranteed booking.

41 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I booked a category i1 for my TA cruise next April with a CVP. At the time asked about the one category upgrade to a deluxe inside Di,  he said it doesn't qualify on E class ships. After reading various posts I called Celebrity they said yes it does and upgraded me no charge. A few days ago made final payment on an October cruise mentioned the upgrade to my CVP he said I was lucky to get that as no it does not qualify. So now I'm confused was thinking of sending him the chart but left it alone. Surprised he doesn't know as been with the company for years and very knowledgeable. 

That is why the "changes to loyalty" flyer is important to have because you can use Celebrity's own documentation to substantiate your claim.  The flyer is relatively recent and is still showing on Celebrity's trade website

5 minutes ago, gordylad said:

interesting chart because you never could get c2 to c1 but looks like you can now

For our Apr 2025 TA sailing on Solstice, we got our C1 cabin at the C2 price.  That booking was made in Nov 2022.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mahdnc said:

The flyer is relatively recent and is still showing on Celebrity's trade website

Even though it may be new my CVP should have been aware of the changes. Had I not read the posts on this board I'd be none the wiser and still in an inside cabin.  He's been with Celebrity many years, must be good as he was kept on with salary during covid. 

• Like 1