NCL app allows you to apply excursion credit towards dinner and extras?

Looking at my NCL app today and trying to book some specialty dining it gives me the option to apply my daily excursion credit from my Free At Seas offer towards the cost!

I have never seen this before! And this seems odd. Probably a glitch

I have not booked any excursions as we are doing our own thing, I am Platinum so we already have 4 specialty dinners scheduled but looking at the app I can apply the benefit to some things like buying two specialty dinners, some cakes but not all, some bottles of wine but not all. Crazy!

Things like Captains Choice white wine, full sheet honeymoon cake!

I'm at 18 days out and all checked in.

• Like 2

@mcmomny

Looking at my NCL app today and trying to book some specialty dining it gives me the option to apply my daily excursion credit from my Free At Seas offer towards the cost!

Will you do a screen shot and post on here please?

this would be a major change and, I am sure , many people would take advantage of it.

• Like 1

I don't understand this at all.  If you've booked excursions in advance, the $50 has already been subtracted from the cost of the excursion.  If you're booking on board, the $50 credit will show up in a few days and in the absence of OBC, just pay off some of the amount owed for the excursion.  Do you think there is some "extra money" in here somewhere?

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

I don't understand this at all.  If you've booked excursions in advance, the $50 has already been subtracted from the cost of the excursion.  If you're booking on board, the $50 credit will show up in a few days and in the absence of OBC, just pay off some of the amount owed for the excursion.  Do you think there is some "extra money" in here somewhere?

I don't remember ever seeing unused excursion money added to my OBC before.

I did not book any excursions thru NCL so are you telling me i will receive OBC for this?

• Like 1

Yes, I went as far as putting it in my cart and the discount was applied but I canceled. Didn't seem right plus I don't need a half sheet cake!

I might try the bottle of wine, it sounded pretty good! I figure thou once we sail I will be told it was a mistake. We will see.

Ok, just tried buying a bottle of wine that had the excursion credit and it didn't work 😞

Oh well, thought it was weird and too good to be true!

• Like 5

What I can say is I had to Google "how to take a screen shot" and how to post it to CC so I learned something of value today other than believing NCL and their app!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, zqvol said:

Be careful and don’t accidentally get your cruise canceled because they say you didn’t pay something. 

Thank you!

Just looked at my cart and my attempt to purchase the wine and use the excursion credit that didn't work was still there so I discarded it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I just had a look at the same item on my upcoming reservation (also 18 days away) and no credit for me.

Just looked again and it is still there for me, but it doesn't work so it is a big glitch in their system

• Like 2

Just a friendly reminder / caution, do not risk anything left "unpaid" in the "Shopping Cart" especially inside (already past) final payment as I.T. errors can trigger and result in cancellation of the entire booking/paid in full reservation ... for additional balance due but unpaid, if not removed and cancelled.  

In short, discarding it being the must and almost certain to be another serious glitch in NCL's I.T. system managed both in-house & outsourced (AWS) as I'm sure some of us were aware of and/or learn recently.   Other lines, in fairness, Royal Caribbean also have issues with their system & database, our biographics info were mixed up, cross-linked in reversals ... discovered that while doing OLCI earlier this week, had to call in for IT support and then promptly fixed, correctly. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Just a friendly reminder / caution, do not risk anything left "unpaid" in the "Shopping Cart" especially inside (already past) final payment as I.T. errors can trigger and result in cancellation of the entire booking/paid in full reservation ... for additional balance due but unpaid, if not removed and cancelled.  

In short, discarding it being the must and almost certain to be another serious glitch in NCL's I.T. system managed both in-house & outsourced (AWS) as I'm sure some of us were aware of and/or learn recently.   Other lines, in fairness, Royal Caribbean also have issues with their system & database, our biographics info were mixed up, cross-linked in reversals ... discovered that while doing OLCI earlier this week, had to call in for IT support and then promptly fixed, correctly. 

Thank you, yes I did go into my "cart" and deleted it so I hope I am all good now!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcmomny said:

Thank you, yes I did go into my "cart" and deleted it so I hope I am all good now!

Just take a few minutes and keep checking on a very regular basis. Better safe than sorry. 

• Like 1

I've never cruised NCL, but I am looking. And just so I am clear at what was being discussed about leaving something in the cart ... Even though you've paid your cruise in full and you're past final payment date, your entire cruise could be canceled for non-payment of something left in the cart on the website?

We've only seen one actual report, and it was an unusual situation involving booking of an airport transfer.  That said, considering how flaky NCL's IT can be at times, it's a really good idea to make sure that anything placed into a cart is immediately paid for.  I've only booked Shorex inside of the final payment window and haven't done that for quite a while.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mikayla73 said:

I've never cruised NCL, but I am looking. And just so I am clear at what was being discussed about leaving something in the cart ... Even though you've paid your cruise in full and you're past final payment date, your entire cruise could be canceled for non-payment of something left in the cart on the website?

IMO ANY changes made after final payment is due, needs to be checked, double checked and triple checked to make sure nothing else got changed..  Before final payment probably double checking is good enough. With NCL and their free at sea things, it's easy for a travel agent or a PCC to accidentally click or unclick something, or something may get unselected etc etc.. and it make changes or delete something.. We're doing a short RC cruise next year with some friends and I've been watching that too to make sure nothing changes.. 

EDIT:  This is the exact wording used when you check out or put things in your cart..  the "etc" is what could get you and get NCL out of things happening.. 

Within 120 Days of Sailing: Vacation Add Ons (e.g. Transfers, Travel Protection, etc.) must be paid for immediately upon being added to cart to avoid the cancellation of the entire reservation.

Edited by D_And_K_gocruising
  • Like 2