Cruise / Yacht Club Question

jobinseattle

Looking for a itinerary different from a 7 night Western Caribbean (Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel cruise). If you could choose what 7 or 8 night cruise where would it depart from in the United States? We realize would have to fly there. Galveston is the closest to us. Also what would the itinerary be? Looking to stay in the Yacht Club.

The MSC Website is pretty good at answering all those questions...but you have to do some finger work looking at all your possibilities. 

Does MSC leave out of Galveston yet?

To the OP’s question, if you’re looking to stay state-side, you’ll have to ‘settle’ for the Caribbean or Bermuda. Otherwise, you’ll find lots of European itins that might interest you. 

Personally, I’m fine with the typical Caribbean itins. For me,  YC pampering and relaxation IS the destination. 😊

• Like 5

MSC will start sailing out of Galveston late next year. The Port Authority & MSC just broke ground on the new MSC Terminal a few days ago. 

Also, realize that Galveston is 60-90 minutes away from Houston's two airports so that makes it more difficult unless you can drive to the airport. 

• Like 1

The Galveston routes will be Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan usual stuff..... Ocean Cay is MSC's crown jewel (and my FAVORITE place in the Caribbean!) but you've gotta cruise from FL or NYC for it. You can also do Bermuda from NYC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jobinseattle said:

Looking for a itinerary different from a 7 night Western Caribbean (Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel cruise). If you could choose what 7 or 8 night cruise where would it depart from in the United States? We realize would have to fly there. Galveston is the closest to us. Also what would the itinerary be? Looking to stay in the Yacht Club.

That’s the typical ports from Galveston, MSc with YC starts sailing out of Galveston in November 2025 , I am definitely planning on booking MSc YC out of Galveston.

• Like 1

@jobinseattle  We are sailing on a B2B on the Seascape next month. 

First 7 days  Miami - Falmouth - George Town - Cozumel - Ocean Cay - Miami.

Second 7 days  Miami - Puerto Plata - San Juan - Nassau - Ocean Cay - Miami.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KarenGretz said:

Ocean Cay is MSC's crown jewel (and my FAVORITE place in the Caribbean!)

Mine too!  In fact, I specifically look for itins that have an over night at the island because we love having 2 days...haven't seen those lately, though.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2024 at 4:59 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Does MSC leave out of Galveston yet?

To the OP’s question, if you’re looking to stay state-side, you’ll have to ‘settle’ for the Caribbean or Bermuda. Otherwise, you’ll find lots of European itins that might interest you. 

Personally, I’m fine with the typical Caribbean itins. For me,  YC pampering and relaxation IS the destination. 😊

Yes so agree. My DH and I are looking at YC being our destination and if we feel the need to visit a port then so be it then right back to YC! 😁

• Like 3