Soda package?

CanadaDeb

Hi All We'll be sailing on the Summit soon after being away from cruising for quite awhile...Can't seem to find anything about a soda package...do they no longer exist? If they do, how much per day? and if not, how much for a can? Thanks so much! 

1 minute ago, CanadaDeb said:

Hi All We'll be sailing on the Summit soon after being away from cruising for quite awhile...Can't seem to find anything about a soda package...do they no longer exist? If they do, how much per day? and if not, how much for a can? Thanks so much! 

It's a non-alcohol package.  It covers soda, bottle water, specialty coffee, smoothies.  I got it for $26.99/day and on my cruise it is now $39.99/day.  Soda is $4/$5.

Soda package was $8 pp/pd and only included soda.  The Zero Proof package is a replacement for the Premium Non Alcohol package.   Soda and Classic Non Alcohol packages were discontinued due to corporate greed.

1 hour ago, CanadaDeb said:

Thanks everyone. 

While I like my sodas during the day the cost for the package for me was a little high.  My last couple times on board I purchased the sodas individually and it worked out for me as far as cost goes.

On 9/4/2024 at 9:12 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Soda package was $8 pp/pd and only included soda.  The Zero Proof package is a replacement for the Premium Non Alcohol package.   Soda and Classic Non Alcohol packages were discontinued due to corporate greed.

It’s crazy how companies make changes to improve their financial situation. 

On 9/4/2024 at 8:25 PM, CanadaDeb said:

I agree...we were going to get the package but comes back to over 135 CAD for 2 people per day. We'll just pay as we go...really disappointed. 

Keep and eye out for Flash Sale and especially the "Black Friday" and "Cyber Monday" sales. 

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It’s crazy how companies make changes to improve their financial situation. 

Yes, absolutely shocking the things companies do to keep their shareholders happy. 

On 9/4/2024 at 8:43 PM, CaroleSS said:

You can carry on soda during embarkation if you wish. They won't check it, so you have to carry it, but it might save you some $

If I carry on some cans, is it possible to purchase a prorated non-alcohol package during the cruise once those run out? 

20 minutes ago, Eaglex2 said:

If I carry on some cans, is it possible to purchase a prorated non-alcohol package during the cruise once those run out? 

Yes, but I think there is a minimum number of days. 3 is the one that sticks in my mind. So you would have to buy the package at least 3 days before the end of the cruise.

You might think about how many sodas/coffee/waters you drink in a day. If a soda costs $3 (plus grats = $3.60), you would have to drink more than 8 per day just to break even with a package. It might be better to just pay as you go.

7 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

You might think about how many sodas/coffee/waters you drink in a day.

Don't forget the non-alcohol package also includes the coffee/teas at Cafe Al Bacio.  It would not be unheard of for someone to have a minimum of two coffee's, two soda's, and four bottles of water a day ..

7 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

Yes, but I think there is a minimum number of days. 3 is the one that sticks in my mind. So you would have to buy the package at least 3 days before the end of the cruise.

You might think about how many sodas/coffee/waters you drink in a day. If a soda costs $3 (plus grats = $3.60), you would have to drink more than 8 per day just to break even with a package. It might be better to just pay as you go.

Soda are $5 and gratuity and it is $6.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Soda are $5 and gratuity and it is $6.

Thank you for the clarification.

For our upcoming cruise, the "regular" price is $45/day. If we go by that (sales do happen so it could be cheaper) then you still have to drink 7.5 sodas (etc) to break even. Yes, it can be done between sodas, coffee, water......but my suggestion still stands. Do the math for yourself. It might be cheaper to pay as you go.

Also, not sure about buying once aboard, but beforehand, both people in the cabin had to buy the package. If you buy onboard, is the other occupant required to purchase as well.....or does it depend upon the person selling them the package?

Edited by CaroleSS

1 hour ago, CaroleSS said:

If I log in to the app, mine shows a soda is $4, so a total cost of $4.80 (not $6)

IMG_2729.png

Mine shows $5 

IMG_1581.pngCould be the ship we are booked on is currently sailing from UK where the gratuity is added to the price on the menu.

Edited by jelayne