Deck 12 noise from Oceanview Cafe?

slk1000

My concierge cabin is on the 12th deck, starboard, aft. I'm worried about the noise from the Oceanview Cafe. If you've stayed in one of these cabins could you please share if it was really noisy? I looked at the cabin thread for feedback and there weren't any cabins near where we are in the aft area. Also, I'll be on the first cruise out of FLL after the Apex makes the transatlantic journey. I had a nightmare experience on a different cruise line on the first cruise out after coming from Europe. Has anyone had experience with celebrity on first cruise back? I appreciate your feedback!

7 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We had a SS on the aft Reflection years ago and there was constant scraping from people moving their chairs .Just got off the Solstice in an SS 2124 and the carts rolling was pretty bad! It was the last room but will definitely never do that again.

😞 Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, sdnich said:

And we did have a AQ in a quiet spot and upgraded the month before to a SS for our anniversary! It was an expensive lesson ! But we still had a great cruise and time ! 

I'll have to invest in some good ear plugs. Thanks for taking the time to let me know. I'm glad to hear you still had a great cruise!

4 hours ago, slk1000 said:

My concierge cabin is on the 12th deck, starboard, aft. I'm worried about the noise from the Oceanview Cafe. If you've stayed in one of these cabins could you please share if it was really noisy? I looked at the cabin thread for feedback and there weren't any cabins near where we are in the aft area. Also, I'll be on the first cruise out of FLL after the Apex makes the transatlantic journey. I had a nightmare experience on a different cruise line on the first cruise out after coming from Europe. Has anyone had experience with celebrity on first cruise back? I appreciate your feedback!

What ship is this? Normally Concierge class rooms are in better locations and not above or below public spaces. Aqua class is always in the worst locations of the ship.

6 hours ago, slk1000 said:

We were in 2117 on Eclipse (Aqua Sky Suite) - under the buffet... the noise from the rolling carts started around 3:30am - it was awful 😞 I'm glad I packed earplugs... never again under the buffet!!

We are on the Beyond next week on Deck 12 under the Solarium.  Any comments about that noise?  Not under the pool and not under the buffet, but port side under the Solarium near the Spa Café.   We booked rather late. and would always get a concierge cabin deck 11 mid ship, but they were all gone.  A lot of Deck 12 was still available, not great, but I picked under the Solarium, not under the pool or under the Oceanview Café.  Am I going to regret it?  We also checked the boards for any rooms under the Solarium, but could not find any comments.  

As already stated, cabin location under the Oceaview Cafe will be noisy.. starting early.  Best cabins are ones with staterooms above and below them... or under/ over more passive uses like spa treatment rooms.

First cruises after a TA can be a pain.  More inspections can lead to

delayed boarding, crew changes, new routine.  Not always..but we avoid.  Jusf be patient!

We will try APEX in January..Hope to hear good reviews!

6 hours ago, slk1000 said:

Apex. It's right under the Oceanview Cafe

Wow. I can't believe they have Prime Concierge rooms in this location. That's where Aqua rooms are on other ships. The only reason I booked Concierge was because of the prime room location. The perks don't make or break the trip. I would even book Concierge guarantee knowing that there really weren't any bad rooms as they were always sandwiched between floors with rooms and not over or under public areas. I go out of my way not to book E class  just because of the  Infinity  Verandas. I will book on Princess or Royal Caribbean for a similar itinerary before I book E Class.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

We are on the Beyond next week on Deck 12 under the Solarium.  Any comments about that noise?  Not under the pool and not under the buffet, but port side under the Solarium near the Spa Café.   We booked rather late. and would always get a concierge cabin deck 11 mid ship, but they were all gone.  A lot of Deck 12 was still available, not great, but I picked under the Solarium, not under the pool or under the Oceanview Café.  Am I going to regret it?  We also checked the boards for any rooms under the Solarium, but could not find any comments.  

My friends were recently in a Room under the spa Cafe.  Since Celebrity no longer makes the smoothies fresh for each order, the blenders start running nonstop early in the morning.  They were not happy.  

11 hours ago, cricketts said:

We were in 2117 on Eclipse (Aqua Sky Suite) - under the buffet... the noise from the rolling carts started around 3:30am - it was awful 😞 I'm glad I packed earplugs... never again under the buffet!!

Thanks for letting me know! 

7 hours ago, hcat said:

As already stated, cabin location under the Oceaview Cafe will be noisy.. starting early.  Best cabins are ones with staterooms above and below them... or under/ over more passive uses like spa treatment rooms.

First cruises after a TA can be a pain.  More inspections can lead to

delayed boarding, crew changes, new routine.  Not always..but we avoid.  Jusf be patient!

We will try APEX in January..Hope to hear good reviews!

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it!

18 hours ago, slk1000 said:

My concierge cabin is on the 12th deck, starboard, aft. I'm worried about the noise from the Oceanview Cafe.

Have you checked out the E class cabin sticky in this forum? 

I guess it's just me, but I'm floored how many times this subject is brought up on CC (and there's nothing wrong with that) after booking. I always check out the deck plans to see what public areas may be above and below our cabin of interest before selecting and booking. Exactly why we always pick our cabin and never do guarantees or move ups. IMO, noise is subjective. Everyone's tolerance to noise is different. 

Edited by doghog