Pinnacle Grill? 1st Night?

kootz

We are planning to go to the "Grill" on the first night as it is free for us using our Amex. Does anyone know how to make a reservation? Do we do it now by someone or wait until we board the "Z" on 7/17th?

I would recommend you call Hal's Ship services and reserve it. I believe one number for ship services is 800-541-1576. They will charge you now, and a confirmation will be in your cabin. We have booked the first night in the Pinnacle for our upcoming cruise, a window table for 2 :o They will charge you now but the first night is on $10 pp. I am not sure how the Amex Platinum works, sorry about that.

We found a card in our PS when we boarded Rotterdam in March saying we were "entitled" to a complimentary dinner at Pinnacle on the first night. The card gave the extension to call if we were going to be coming on that night.

Perhaps they hold a few tables until a certain time to see if AmEx pax will be using them?

Guest Anorak33

If you do go to the Pinnacle for your "freebie" on the first night - and you should as the food is good and is different from the main dining room - then be aware that you may have to adjust the time to allow for lifeboat drill.

We were on the Statendam recently and lifeboat drill was held at 8pm - which was exactly when we should have been in the middle of our dinner. We just delayed dining until later.

It is possible that generally speaking they would not hold the drill at that time but it took a couple of hours to get the engines started (so they claimed) after maintenance work had been carried out, so we were late leaving.

Certainly looked like engine trouble from the clouds of black smoke which were coming out of the funnel.

I would like to go to the Pinnacle Grill the first night but what would our table companions think if we didn't turn up for dinner the first night and what if we found we weren't compatable until the 2nd night - we would then have trouble changing tables!

I would be interested to hear of your experiences.

Jennie

Guest Anorak33
I would like to go to the Pinnacle Grill the first night but what would our table companions think if we didn't turn up for dinner the first night and what if we found we weren't compatable until the 2nd night - we would then have trouble changing tables!

I would be interested to hear of your experiences.

Jennie

Jennie - why not book Pinnacle for a different time to your main dining room time? Then go to both - maybe just sit down and have a drink and meet your tablemates and explain you are in the Pinnacle that night but will (or maybe will not - if you don't like them) see them on other evenings?

We booked our cruise through an independent travel agent not Amex. Our travel agent does have a confirmation number from Amex that states we get 300.00 shipboard credit per stateroom, a bottle of champagne and first night free in the Pinnacle Grill. We booked our cruise with Amex Platinum.

As far as tablemates, we are sailing with my sister and our nephew so the main dining room is not a problem as we booked a table for four.

Upon arriving on the ship, you will find a voucher for AMEX free dinner in stateroom(only Platium with $395 fee)---Also, all reservations are first come-first served on the 1st day--just call upon arriving---Normally, not busy at all on the first nite!

FRANK

Jennie - why not book Pinnacle for a different time to your main dining room time? Then go to both - maybe just sit down and have a drink and meet your tablemates and explain you are in the Pinnacle that night but will (or maybe will not - if you don't like them) see them on other evenings?

We also are booked for the first night but thought that we would go and meet with our table in the main dining room first and then head to the Pinnacle.

Thanks Anorak and Vanisle,

That is a good idea re meeting our table companions later or earlier. We will have to sort that out as on the Prinsendam there are only two sittings still and we are on the 8.15pm.

Otherwise we may pay the higher price and go another night.

Jennie

When I spoke to HAL when booking the Grill I asked her what she thought about not meeting your table that first night ...whether it was considered rude and she said that a lot of folks dont go to the diningroom as they are tired from travel, ect.

We will still put in an appearance @ our table though.

I cant wait!!

We called ahead to reserve The Pinnacle for our first night. Even though the customer service person took our reservation and charged my credit card, she asked that we confirm when we got on board. We did as soon as we embarked, and they asked if we would mind changing our reservations to the 2nd night, since they had a large party that was also booked for the first night. We agreed and we still got the $10 rate, and the service was awesome on night 2. We also got to meet our table mates.....an all round win-win!

Archived