Marc's tour is still number one

Our group just returned from the 4/19/06 TP cruise. We had some pretty rough weather and a whole lot of rain. We had done Marc's tour 2 years ago (motu picnic) and chose to do the 4x4 tour this time. As usual Marc did a wonderful job. I can honestly say he and his staff worked their butts off to make sure we had a great day. The current was fairly strong, but Marc stayed right with us while we snorkeled. We couldn't do the picnic in the water at his usual site since the island was completely covered in water! He took us by outriggers and boats to a beach and had a delicious hot lunch of chicken, mahi, mahi, salad, fruit, etc. while his musicians played and sang for us. Again, if you are thinking about whether Marc's tour is worth the money, our whole group of 20+ would tell you ABSOLUTELY!

Nancy

I was also at Mark's Picnic with Nancy. I think that Mark went out of his way to make sure everyone had a great time. Yes we had horrible weather with heavy rains but Mark still managed to provide us a truly great picnic experience. All of his staff including the musicians really put out their maximum effort to see that everything went perfect. We had to go to an alternate beach site but it really didn't matter.

We did the water trip last time and the 4x4 this time. We all had a great time on the 4x4. We were wet through and through but everyone had a great time. The main reason for this is Mark and his people really go the distance to make sure everyone is completely happy with their tour.

Mark's Picnic still remains for me the highlight of our Tahiti trip. Truly not to be missed.

Mike

I was on Marc's 4X4 tour in January and it was, without a doubt, the highlight of our trip. There were two vehicles - Marc drove one and Monty (an American who married a Tahitian national) drove our vehicle. We had a wonderful time. The sights of the Island were beautiful and the sacred eels were amazing. We visited some temple sights and purchased vanilla beans and even had some time to visit the main town. At the end of the 4X4 portion, we divided up at a pier. One group took a boat and went to the picnic site. The rest of us got in an outrigger and went to the drift snorkel site. Marc took us snorkeling and he was fabulous. He was extremely attentive and kept a very close watch on all of us. He never rushed us and pointed out where we should be heading to see the best fish/coral, etc. When we were done, he took us to the picnic site. The food and music were wonderful, the people were FANTASTIC and it was the most relaxing day of my life. We were definitely in paradise. Everytime I am stressed at work, I just close my eyes and pretend I'm sitting back in one of the chairs in the water with the musicians playing and my blood pressure instantly lowers.

Marc runs a very professional organization. His "employees" are wonderful. If you don't have a good time on this excursion, then nothing in life could possibly satisfy you!

• 1 month later...

Yes I will agree with those here that Marc's tour was one of our two favorite tours we took while in Tahiti. We had two trucks the day we were on his tour and Marc was our driver. He has a great personality and speaks very clear English. We noticed some tour guides were hard to understand but that was not the case with Marc. I think the other part of why the tour was one of our favorites the variety of what you do. Some tours we took you never got out of your car/truck. Not the case with Marc. He makes frequent stops and most of them you get out and see whatever he is talking about not just have it pointed to you as you drive by. You also get to walk thru Fare (the main town on Huahine) and relax at his bar. Then you go for the boat ride to snorkel and lunch in the water was UNFORGETABLE!!! Marc's tour is surely one we would do again if we get the chance to return to Tahiti. Marc's was our favorite "island tour" out of the six we did. Our second favorite tour was our couple's swim (booked thru the hotel not TP) with the dolphins at the IC Moorea, 45 minutes in heaven! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We've just returned from our TP cruise and agree that Marc is great. We did his 4x4/drift snorkel/picnic and enjoyed every minute. Marc and his associate John were so personable and knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around. Only disappointment was that Marc jokingly told my wife that we woundn't have to pay for our tour if she gave him a kiss and when she readily agreed he suddenly took back his offer. Oh well, it was all well worth the price he charged.

Sounds like a "must do" excursion. How far in advance did you book with Marc? I tried to book for January and he e-mailed me back saying it was too early.

We booked about a month before our cruise, but may have been pushing our luck. Noticed we were the last name on Marc's handwritten list when we met him at the dock. You may want to check back with him periodically. This is a tour you don't want to miss!

We were on his tour also, don"t miss it. When we went with him he had three jeeps and two boats. All of the guides in the group were wonderful. All of the groups met up for lunch and fun. Jean

We did the 4x4 tour just becuase we wanted to spend more of the day on land insteed of in the water for our first day. Both tours meet up for the motu lunch and we ran back into some people we meet on board who did the water tour and they said it was lots of fun.

As far as booking Marc we booked him four months ahead and had no problem getting two places.

We are taking the 4x4 tour with Marc in August. Did you take your snorekling gear with you on the truck and what did you do with your cameras while you were snorkeling? Can you leave these things on the boat? I have a little bag I put these things in. Did many of you take disposable cameras instead of your digital?

Southwestgal - If you went to the picnic site from the truck did you get to do the drift snorkel? Did you do any snorkeling around the picnic site? Were you given a choice or just divided up into two groups? Lots of questions, thanks for responding.

You take your snorkeling gear with you. Mark puts most of it up front in the truck so you don't have to worry with it. I took another beach bag with my towel, sunscreen and other "dry" items.

I took both my digital and disposable on this trip. I just put the digital in a ziploc bag and it was fine. I was glad I brought it - we had a lot of opportunity to take pictures and the disposable doesn't do as well above the waterline.

On the 4x4, you do the drift snorkel, but not the other one. It is great - Marc doesn't actually snorkel, but keeps the boat right with you. All your stuff is very safe in the boat. He just puts you back in the boat at the end of the snorkel (or whenever you want to get back in). It is very near the picnic site, however, after he drops you off for the picnic, there is no snorkeling, just a sandy bottom, but the water is great for relaxing and swimming.

We did the same as lhbsurf. We brought all our own snorkle gear in one bag and Marc put it up front so when we got in and out of the truck all our bags were not in the way. When you snorkle you leave all your stuff on the boat and Mac stays on the boat and meets you where you get done drifting too. We brought both our digital cameras, camcorder and underwater cameras. Everything also sits in the boat when you are on th motu for lunch.

It was raining "cats and dogs"...it was still warm in the water...but we were VERY wet on board the small boat...all our clothes, towels etc. were WET!.....but...when we got to shore we had so much fun!!! The food and rum punch was great..my only suggestion would be that Marc provide dry towels when it is raining...otherwise you are VERY cold!!! LuAnn

I was right there with Luann in the pouring rain.

Perhaps I'm the odd man out, but I thought Marc's tour was fun... not great. Maybe it's the weather and the fact that we didn't get to do half the things we signed up for, or maybe it was the price tag compared to some of the other excursions we booked on other islands, but we didn't find Marc's tour to be the "must do" tour of the trip.

Really, the picnic was great and a lot of fun, but if you're not into heavy drinking and shenanigans (I found a reason to say "shenanigans" today), it might not be your cup of tea.

All in all I had fun, but I don't think I had $115/pp fun.

We have received a confirmation for Marc's Motu Picnic for Sept. 30th and his email say it is for the circle the island of Huahine Iti, drift snorkel, picnic on motu. I thought this tour included snorkeling but not the drift snorkel. I'm not a very strong swimmer and I'm concerned about being able to do the drift snorkel. Am I confused about what kind of snorkeling is included with this tour or is it the drift snorkel? I was hoping it was just regular snorkeling and I wouldn't have to be concerned about doing the drift snorkel. Can anyone tell me what they experienced on this tour?

The drift snorkeling is pretty fast. The currents both times we went were very stiff. Don't plan on swimming against the current. If you are not a strong swimmer I would encourage you to get a snorkel vest. My husband didn't have one the first time and panicked. The last time even though he had one he was sick and just didn't want to fight the current.

Remember, the main thing about snorkeling is to relax and just float. You will feel like you have been on this drift snorkel for all of 5 minutes when you have actually been out there a good 25 mins and have traveled a good long distance.

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived