If the rate goes down do you get the cheaper price???

MikeNKim

This will be my first cruise with Holland and not sure of the rules when it comes to price drops. If the price goes down after I book, do I get the lower price??? I will be booking directly through Holland???

Thank you

Kim

Has anyone seen the "if the price goes lower than 10% assurance" lately? I have not and wonder if that is still applicable.

I have checked the prices on upcoming cruises we have booked and no need to worry for us if they are honoring that as the prices got HIGHER than what they were when we booked. The ships are going out full and there don't seem to be that many last minute price reductions like there were for a while after 9-11.

This only works if you have not paid the final payment..Prior to that if you see a lower price you can cancle your booking and get the lower booking..This happened to us on our last Oosterdam cruise..The thing you have to watch out for is any shoreX that you have booked they are attached to your last booking and will be cancled also..So what you need to do is rebook them also...

In the case of cancelling your reservation prior to final payment, you also should be certain of whatever cancellation penalty your TA may impose. Though HAL will not charge a penalty, many (most) TA's do.

S7S - That's a good point, watch out for cancellation fees. I'm certainly not going to cancel one reservation, pay a cancellation fee and then only save $25 on the new booking. Since we typically carefully consider and select the specific cabin we want I don't think we'd be in a big hurry to cancel and rebook.....and take the chance on losing our cabin choice....unless there was a worthwhile cost savings though I can't say right off the top of my head what that amount would have to be.

After final payment, it is difficult to get a price reduction. Most of the time lower prices are advertised "for new bookings only," and HAL is very tough about giving refunds or upgrades to previously booked passengers. Some cruisers have reported getting refunds or upgrades after final payment, but you really can't count on it. On our Royal Caribbean cruise the price dropped within a month of sailing, and we called and were given credit immediately. This probably won't happen on HAL....but it never hurts to ask.

I just went through this very event. I noticed that the price had fallen and I called HAL (who I booked through) and saved $1100.00 (US) on the two staterooms I had booked which then brought the payment to FULL and still received shipboard credit of $50 and was refunded $63 in change back to my credit card. Thanks HAL :D

Archived