Zenith to sail out of New Jersey!

LuvCelebrity

I just found out that the Zenith will sail to Bermuda next summer from the Royal Caribbean pier in New Jersey! I'm very disappointed. I was going to book a Bermuda cruise for early next summer. But, I really enjoy sailing down the Hudson, even though I've done it so many times. What does everybody else think?

David

I agree with you David. We're waiting for the schedule to be released for 2005 in order to book for next summer. Even though the NY pier is horrible to disembark from, it's great to sail past the New York skyline & Statue of Liberty. Unfortunately, when Royal Caribbean announced they were moving to Bayonne, it was inevitable that Celebrity would follow. I've seen one review from someone who sailed from Bayonne & they reported that it was pretty chaotic. They also said it was pretty rundown. I hope they get everything ironed out soon.

Our daughter recently sailed out of Bayonne. We provided the transportation. Didn't think the situation was too chaotic. We used cell phones so we weren't tying up traffic at the dock unnecessarily.They are working out of a building that is temporary. There was evidence that they had another permanent building under renovation. It was a more difficult drive from LI than getting to Manhattan. The only airport that would be easy would be Newark. JFK & Laguardia would be much harder. I would prefer to sail out of Manhattan or even Brooklyn.

I think this is good news you would not have to deal with all the congestion at the NYC pier with all the other Carnival and NCL ships that sail from there.I am also hoping that Celebrity brings in one of there century class ships to do 10 and 11 day cruises to the caribbean like they did with Galaxy from Baltimore, if they don't I hope they do the 8 and 6 day cruises to Bermuda like RCCL is doing this year with the Empress of the Seas the more time in Bermuda the better. I agree that sailing down the Hudson and passing Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty is an awsome experience it always brings a tear to my eye but since I live close to NYC I could do this any time I would prefer to cruise out of Bayonne. I do feel for the people that do not live in this area not to be able to experience this for themselves it is truely something you will never forget and makes you appreciate how great it is to live in this country and be an American politics aside.

Everyone should be glad to embark out of Bayonne. It is very easy to get to from Newark airport and from the Jersey Turnpike. Give them time to get this departure dockage to the point they will be proud of. Next year they plan to sail the Voyager of the Seas to Bermuda for 5 day cruises and then 9 days to the Carribean. This should make the people happy that don't want to spend 3 days in Bermuda and if you love sea days this is great. This what makes life great, something for everyone. Pat

Let's see - N.Y.C. pier - with not much parking area.

Not big enough to handle more than two ships at a time.

Not very clean.

A killer to drive in and drop off or pick up from.

I'll go to Bayonne.

By next summer there should be a new terminal building and ample parking.

Something like the Florida ports.

Port Canaveral has it best so far.

Port of Tampa - Celebrity terminal was the bet in thei category so far.

As someone who isn't from NJ or NYC (first poster so far I think)...one of the reasons that we booked Zenith this fall was to leave from NYC. I think they may find that this is an important part of what this cruise to Bermuda has to offer.

I also think that this may show another step in the "blending" of RCL and X...I hope not.

I'm sailing out of NYC for the first time on the Constellation this September. I am very excited about sailing past the Statue of Liberty. I was not very excited about having to drive to the pier - but now I've booked on one of Celebrity's buses so someone else will be doing the driving. Best of both world's, I guess. :rolleyes:

I'm disappointed. That's good to know though. I may change my plans around now. I enjoy sailing past the Statue of Liberty. That;s a big part of the trip for me.

I'll still sail Zenith but I'll miss the excitement of sailing out of NYC.

Barb

Archived