Can an 18 year old make a reservation?

MarilynJeff

Yes, they ask your birthdate when you book,

And Yes it is a written policy, below is a copy.

Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

Proof of age is still not required to make a reservation.

Oops - is in the contract (but so is the booze policy). I only searched on 21, not twenty-one. But as long as you are with your spouse (or domestic partner), and have legal proof, you don't have to be 21.

You are correct... however what a disspointment to get there and not be able to board and lose your money. Which is why all the answers have told OP over 21.

Oops - is in the contract (but so is the booze policy). I only searched on 21, not twenty-one. But as long as you are with your spouse (or domestic partner), and have legal proof, you don't have to be 21.

Can you point me to where is says domestic partner. I thought the quote a few posts up was from the Carnival contract and it only says marriage.

LOL, the contract doesn't say domestic partner... it says spouse. Regardless, the OP said nothing about the 18 year old being married :confused:

I know this was posted before, but here it is again.

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

After reading this thread, I am of the opinion that some posters will argue without any clue.

jc

:D

Just admit that you are paranoid and then the world won't seem so out of focus to you. ;)

LOL, it also doesn't mention groups, which have a different policy altogether. But nevertheless, from the Carnivore website,

faq.gifspacer.gif How old do you have to be to travel alone? spacer.gif Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Policy.aspx

Just FYI... called Carnival, asked if proof of age is required to make a reservation (even though they ask for your date of birth, and you can't book when you are under 21 unless married :rolleyes: just chit and giggles) and while you do not have to submit your drivers license when making a reservation, you cannot make a reservation if you are under 21 without submitting that you are married. So if you are trying to be technical, saying they don't need to provide proof... the PROOF is their date of birth according to Carnival.

JUST SAY NO TO MORONS :D

They don't ask meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for proof of anything except a credit card.

Why would they?? They already have your date of birth if you give them your PG number :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Otherwise, unless they pull a previous reservation, they have to get your date of birth.

Just FYI... called Carnival, asked if proof of age is required to make a reservation (even though they ask for your date of birth, and you can't book when you are under 21 unless married :rolleyes: just chit and giggles) and while you do not have to submit your drivers license when making a reservation, you cannot make a reservation if you are under 21 without submitting that you are married. So if you are trying to be technical, saying they don't need to provide proof... the PROOF is their date of birth according to Carnival.

I guess someone could LIE.... I still think that MOST people would not want to lose the money and the chance to board when they couldn't produce proof of the age they gave.

OP asked a simple question..it's been answered...time to move on!!!:D

I guess someone could LIE.... I still think that MOST people would not want to lose the money and the chance to board when they couldn't produce proof of the age they gave.

OP asked a simple question..it's been answered...time to move on!!!:D

But some people want to make it all about theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem :rolleyes:

I have to agree with xpcdoojk. Some people just have to argue and make a rude comment if the dont agree. You are not aloud to have a opinion if it not like theirs. I had a problem on a ship and told the person what the ships purser did for me. Well talk about saying the wrong thing. But it is what really happen. Well was I a lier and giving out wrong info. Now most of the people had never had this happer to them but some people just know everything. Most of the people that posted here I bet have never have tried to book a room for someone 21 years of age, but they know everything about cruiseing, flying. booking a room. Then if they dont like what you said they will get down on your writeing or spelling. Some people are just so unhappy with there life they just want to pass it on. Now I am sure someone will have to put in there 2 cents about this. Say what you want it is just 1 mans opinion. I wont even try if the rules say no. Too much money in a cruise just to try to pull a fast one and see carnival get all the money and you get nothing. Well they check (hahahahaha) good one

After reading this thread, I am of the opinion that some posters will argue without any clue.

jc

:D

Just admit that you are paranoid and then the world won't seem so out of focus to you. ;)

LMAO!! How did this one get by me! LOL! I agree 100% JC... can I get an amen!! ;)

LOL, it also doesn't mention groups, which have a different policy altogether. But nevertheless, from the Carnivore website,

faq.gifspacer.gif How old do you have to be to travel alone? spacer.gif Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Policy.aspx

Thank you Z for that information. The Carnival site does have a wealth of info. I am honestly curious though as to what kind of proof you would have to provide for a domestic partnership?

And really, was the "carnivore" reference necessary? Everyone had been kindly responding and I learned something myself.

And please, is the flashing signature necessary. It is quite distracting. I know I don't have to look at it, but still. I think your point has been made.

Thank you Z for that information. The Carnival site does have a wealth of info. I am honestly curious though as to what kind of proof you would have to provide for a domestic partnership?

I believe that is for people from countries where they have legal same-sex marriage or civil unions.

I believe that is for people from countries where they have legal same-sex marriage or civil unions.

For civil unions do you get a certificate? :confused: I honestly have no clue and am quite curious how you would show that kind of partnership.

Archived