The Upgrade Fairy is REALLY sprinkling her dust this time on the Golden!

Sticksnpucks

We've gotten upgrades before, but nothing like this...Princess called last week to ask us to switch to another cruise (we're on the 7/4 sailing), but I can't because of work.

They called yesterday, asked if I would go in with my parents (we both had separate cabins), if they gave us a penthouse suite...didn't even have enough time to say yes when he added, "we're also prepared to offer you a $1,000 shipboard credit." Did not have to think twice about that offer...can stand the folks sawing wood for that!

Apparently they are WAY overbooked for the 7/4 cruising. I was told that they especially wanted my cabin because I was a single in a cabin they could book 4 into. I was in an inside II, parents were in an oceanview (no balcony). This will be #20 cruise, however, first time on Princess. We had a HAL suite before, but only 314 sq. ft....can't fathom the amount of room in this 642 (total sq. ft. w/balcony).

I would be interested to see if any other firecracker cruisers had calls from Princess? (Sorry for the bragging, but my prior upgrades have only consisted of 2-3 categories and the call came on my birthday which made it even better).

I got a call for my May 24th cruise about 3 days before I was supposed to leave. They offered me a free cruise and an upgrade to switch to a July date. Due to work - I couldn't do it either. Plus, I had FF plane tickets and I couldn't get a flight in July using these miles.

Basically, when I got on the ship, I would have had the price of my cruise as shipboard credit and what I didn't spend on the ship, I could cash out at the end of the week.

Enjoy the PH suite - you will love it! We had a VS suite on the Golden and we loved it.

WOW! That's fabulous! Send some of that dust this way for those of us going the following week! Congrats. Donia
I second that but spread the dust to all of us with booked cruises waiting for upgrades. :)

Wow that is great. That happened to us back in 2000. We had a cruise set for the middle of July but they were overbooked so asked us if we could move uo 10 days previous. We then had an inside, they upgraded to oceanview and gave us a $500.00 shipboard credit. Needless to say we took it. I am very happy for you. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

icon1.gif15_3_6.gif......it is politically correct to call the upgrade fairy the upgrade pixie.

The above was posted by me way back last November, will they never learn? It is a PIXIE!

Now, that's a deal. How exciting. You will have to be sure and let us know how everything went. Wow, $1000.00 shipboard credit, our last cruise our bill was around $150.00, we could sure have a ball with 1,000. Good for you, being in the right place at the right time.

Have had similar calls from Princess but the timing has to be just right if it's a lucrative offer such as yours yes I would take it...the best was getting a call upgrading me from CAT FF to PS Premium Balcony Suite AFT on the Star this past April from Venice-Rome.:cool: :eek: :cool:

What a fabulous upgrade. Congratulations. Since this is your first cruise with Princess, it's really special. Bet this won't be your last with them.

Hope you have a wonderful time. You will let us know. . . won't you?

Thanks everyone for your good wishes...I'm sure we'll be thrilled with the suite, however, it's REALLY hard to go back to plain 'ol cabins when you have a suite (and this one sounds even better than one we had on HAL).

Thanks to for answering our questions about Princess on prior posts...after 19 cruises I know that there's always good and bad. I was a bit concerned about PC dining as at that time we were wait listed at 139 (one week ago and had always been a traditionalist), but for some reason (and I don't know why - tongue in cheek), we're suddenly confirmed for what we want....ah the good life.

Thanks again and I'm sure we'll have a great time. I really looking forward to just relaxing!

Someone stated above that in the mini suite you get free drinks and butler service! What a load! What were they smoking sure its a bigger room but not that many extras!..................this was posted by mc13murray, see this is how at times cr++ happens:

mc13murray just to "enlighten " you: what they wrote was they got the upgrade WHEN Princess had those services with the mini suites. They also wrote they were on the Grand and if you look at the date it was 1999.

I

Archived