hotels close to port miami

alec n

We stayed at the Intercontinental--very very nice hotel. Pricey, but I thought it was worth it! It's right next to Bayside Marketplace--just a short walk thru a little park, and there you are! About 5 minutes to the port.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there and will stay there again in September. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested.;)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...iabb?irs=null&

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

If you try Priceline and bid for a 4 or 5 star hotel in Downtown Miami, you can usually get one of those pricey hotels for a real bargain price. A few years ago, we were able to get the Marriott Biscayne Bay which has a great view of the ships when they are docked at the piers, for $40 a night. Next October, for a Freedom cruise, a number of people have been able to book the Intercontinental Hotel for $85 a night. We booked a bit earlier and got the Hyatt for $115 a night. All of those prices are considerably less than you will pay if you book on the hotel's own website. You won't know what hotel you are getting until your bid is accepted and once it is accepted you must pay whatever you bid (no refunds) but there are a limited number of 4 star hotels in the area, so if you bid successfully, whatever hotel you get will be more than acceptable and probably a great bargain.:)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn and enjoyed it. Walgreen's is not a far walk away for last minute items. And plenty to do at Bayside, just across the street, as is American Airlines Arena.

HI,

We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn in October, I am famous for needing to pick up "last minute" items. How far is it to the Walgreens? and what are the directions?

Thanks,

Hi all

I was just reading about the holiday inn across from the bayside market in Miami and read some really bad things. Can anyone suggest a hotel close the the market and also close to the pier that is not pricey.

I appreciate any help...........

:)

Hi, some of us have won on Priceline the Intercontintal for 11/4 stay; 4 * bids from $125 to 132. plus taxes. Not bad when hotel is going for more than $250 per night. I also heard the bid price was lower. I know the military rate was about $100.

Real bad review of HI, wasn't it. How is your Summer going? We are off to Las Vegas this weekend.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Me again, Loretta just responded to this similar question on another thread. She is sailing with us too.

"Also eayclicktravel.com usually has the Intercontinental available for around $100/night. It is listed as a 5star "no name". I have that hotel reserved for our FOS this Nov." nicurn

Hi: hope OP doesn't mind me tagging on to this thread. didn't see a need to start another with our topics being so close. Plus I've included names of some hotels that you may interest you.

We’re sailing Freedom August 6 and coming into Miami on August 5.

Anybody know where the Marriott Courtyard Downtown is in Miami and know anything about it. We are thinking about changing from the Wyndam.

We can get the Marriot Biscayne Bay for only a few bucks more than the Courtyard but the Marriott seemed to be further from Bayside Market Place according to Mapquest. I know sometimes MQ can be a little off. Is Marriott within a short walking distance to Bayside? and what are the Taxi prices from airport and to pier like? The hotels are giving us all different taxi estimates. From one price to double that price so I don't know who to believe. I'll probably end up calling MCVB to see what they say. We're thinking for 18 people it may be better to get limos to pier but we arrive at different times so it wouldn't make since for the trip from airport. Anybody have confidence in a limo service we could try?

As I said we are at the Wyndam but it's not within walking distance to Bayside. We're thinking of renting cars if we stay at Wyndham. I'm trying to avoid renting because I don't want to drive around town plus embarkation is drop people off at pier and then drivers take cars back to airport and shuttle back to pier. I really don't want to do all that. When I see that ship I want to get in line to board, Baby!

So any help is appreciated.

Hi Bev. See you in Vegas Baby!!!!

Hi: hope OP doesn't mind me tagging on to this thread. didn't see a need to start another with our topics being so close. Plus I've included names of some hotels that you may interest you.

We’re sailing Freedom August 6 and coming into Miami on August 5.

Anybody know where the Marriott Courtyard Downtown is in Miami and know anything about it. We are thinking about changing from the Wyndam.

We can get the Marriot Biscayne Bay for only a few bucks more than the Courtyard but the Marriott seemed to be further from Bayside Market Place according to Mapquest. I know sometimes MQ can be a little off. Is Marriott within a short walking distance to Bayside? and what are the Taxi prices from airport and to pier like? The hotels are giving us all different taxi estimates. From one price to double that price so I don't know who to believe. I'll probably end up calling MCVB to see what they say. We're thinking for 18 people it may be better to get limos to pier but we arrive at different times so it wouldn't make since for the trip from airport. Anybody have confidence in a limo service we could try?

As I said we are at the Wyndam but it's not within walking distance to Bayside. We're thinking of renting cars if we stay at Wyndham. I'm trying to avoid renting because I don't want to drive around town plus embarkation is drop people off at pier and then drivers take cars back to airport and shuttle back to pier. I really don't want to do all that. When I see that ship I want to get in line to board' date=' Baby!

So any help is appreciated.[/font']

Hi Bev. See you in Vegas Baby!!!!

hey, I know somebody out there has an opinion. I will be so greatful and appreciative. thanks in advance. :p

hey' date=' I know somebody out there has an opinion. I will be so greatful and appreciative. thanks in advance. :p[/quote']

Okay, I'll give you my opinion. I would not want to stay in a hotel within walking distance of Bayside. The downtown area isn't that great and Bayside is your only option unless you rent a car or grab a cab.

I would stay in either Coconut Grove or South Beach if I wanted to be within walking distance of shopping and dining options and did not want to rent a car.

Okay, I'll give you my opinion. I would not want to stay in a hotel within walking distance of Bayside. The downtown area isn't that great and Bayside is your only option unless you rent a car or grab a cab.

I would stay in either Coconut Grove or South Beach if I wanted to be within walking distance of shopping and dining options and did not want to rent a car.

BlueHerons: Thanks for giving me your opinion. Just a few questions if you please. I know about South Beach but am unfamiliar with the Coconut Grove area. I wll peruse some sights and check out the shopping and dining options for the CG area. So you feel as though we can get from airport and then to pier from a Coconut Grove Hotel without renting a car? How much is your guesstimate for that transport?

BlueHerons: Thanks for giving me your opinion. Just a few questions if you please. I know about South Beach but am unfamiliar with the Coconut Grove area. I wll peruse some sights and check out the shopping and dining options for the CG area. So you feel as though we can get from airport and then to pier from a Coconut Grove Hotel without renting a car? How much is your guesstimate for that transport?

I would guess less than $20 from the hotel to the port and a set fee from the airport to Coconut Grove. I honestly cannot remember but I'm pretty sure it is less than $30 if that.

Coconut Grove is one of the oldest settled areas in South Florida and in the 80s was a booming artists mecca. The Doubletree is in an excellent location and you can walk to hundreds of shops and restaurants.

You'll be happy you didn't stay at Bayside.

Forgot to add this link, it is great http://funandsun.com/1tocf/allgosf/ccgrv/cgrv.html

Blue, you we're pretty close with the taxi fare to Coconut Grove, & flat rate of $21.70 plus $1 fuel surcharge per person. Great area & suggestion.

Iluv...these three hotels are quite nice ;)

Coconut Grove...

Mayfair Hotel & Spa... http://www.mayfairhousehotel.com/

Ritz-Carlton... http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/co...e/default.html

Sonesta... http://www.sonesta.com/coconut_grove/

Thanks Blue and Bequia for your numbers and info. We have some families travelin gin the group and at those cab prices I guess it would be better to rent vehicles if we stay in that area. Still not sure if we will but it's nice to have options.

Ms. Lillie and others, the 5* Intercontinetal is showing $94+ on Hotwire for our Nov. pre-cruise. I paid $132 on Priceline back in January! For others it might be worth a check for your dates of pre or post cruise.

Bon voyage

My wife, 2 kids (9 and 6 by then), and I are leaving on the Imagination on 1/1/07, flying in to Miami on 12/31/06. For now, I have a room booked at the Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport on 36th St.

Seems to indicate a restaurant on premesis, but is there anything else close we can walk to? I'm thinking of stocking up on soda and water for the cruise (not a lot, but enough for a couple of days anyways).

I've read a lot about being out by the port, but the HI is booked, radisson is $279, and Marriott is $299.

Any other family friendly suggestions? We are trying to avoid the super party atmosphere (would be ok for me and my wife, but with the kids in tow...)

Thanks,

Kevin

I don't know what rate you're getting for the Courtyard Airport but I find one for Courtyard DT for $82. Intercontinental DT for $165. Sofitel Airport for $79 on Hotwire (which I hear is an awesome hotel although I've never stayed there).

I would contact whatever hotel you choose and ask if they're having a party, will their restaurants be available, etc. to make the best decision. If they don't have a bar and/or aren't having a big party in their ballroom you should be fine.

Well, we have settled on the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Because we have a friend who works for Marriott we were able to get in for a price we just couldn't pass up. We have researched cab fare and shuttle service. They actually have a free shuttle from Hotel to Bayside and South Beach. We will be able to see the Freedom docked the morning of embarkation from our hotel. How cool is that?

Thanks to all for sharing your information.

Well' date=' we have settled on the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Because we have a friend who works for Marriott we were able to get in for a price we just couldn't pass up. We have researched cab fare and shuttle service. They actually have a free shuttle from Hotel to Bayside and South Beach. We will be able to see the Freedom docked the morning of embarkation from our hotel. How cool is that?

Thanks to all for sharing your information.[/quote']

You'll enjoy this hotel, we've stayed there before when we sailed on the Explorer. the location is good near the Peoplemover and there was a great little deli in the building adjacent that sold lots of little incidental items. We were fortunate enough to get the hotel via Priceline at an awesome price.

Are you sure that the Intercon is the Hotwire hotel? That price for Miami DT is usually the Hyatt' date=' not Intercon. If someone wants Intercontinental and wants to KNOW what they're buying try cheapoair.com.[/quote']

I just booked a couple of weeks ago and it was the Intercon for $94. Check out Betterbidding to an idea on which hotel it is.

Archived