New Princess Wine Policy

jerwick

Well, to be accurate, please save the source URL instead (in case it changes):

http://www.princess.com/pdf/answer/Celebrations_Order_Form.pdf

(Oh, and maybe we shouldn't use the word "l-st" on the Princess boards for a while; perhaps "chart" or "guide" instead. :))

While it's always good to keep a current link, keep in mind this .pdf of the price list differs (slightly/older) than the list available on-line:

http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/gifts/cellars.html

(note - I picked up on the $2 increase of the Sauvignon Blanc, Nobilo (New Zealand) because that's a favourite!)

One thing to keep in mind is that when you pre-order the wine you do not get charged the 15% fee. You will receive a slip of paper (card) in your stateroom and you can either call room service and they'll deliver it (ask for glasses and a cork-screw!), take the card to a bar tender and exchange it, or take it to the dining room and present it to your waiter. And no, there's no corkage charged in the dining room!

If this helps any, we just got off the Coral, FFL to SFO in May, We brought (12) bottles of wine on board with us. We drank some in our room, brought maybe 5-6 bottles to dinner, also buying wine from their list for dinner as well. We were NOT charged any corkage fee, maybe it was just the wait staffs judgement, as we did purchase quite a bit of wine.

Tom:cool:

If this helps any, we just got off the Coral, FFL to SFO in May, We brought (12) bottles of wine on board with us. We drank some in our room, brought maybe 5-6 bottles to dinner, also buying wine from their list for dinner as well. We were NOT charged any corkage fee, maybe it was just the wait staffs judgement, as we did purchase quite a bit of wine.

Hey Tom, Please tell me how the heck you carry/package/travel with twelve bottles of wine. You must carry a whole separate suitcase?? I'd love to do the same. HELP, Barb:confused:

One thing to keep in mind is that when you pre-order the wine you do not get charged the 15% fee. You will receive a slip of paper (card) in your stateroom and you can either call room service and they'll deliver it (ask for glasses and a cork-screw!), take the card to a bar tender and exchange it, or take it to the dining room and present it to your waiter. And no, there's no corkage charged in the dining room!

How and when do I pre-order the wine??? Barb

Barbara, I went on line and found carry on cases that carry 6 bottles of wine each. They were my carry-on luggage on the air plane. They are very well insulated against breakage, could possibly check them, but didn't want to take the chance. I also carried them on when be boarded the ship. They came with packages you can freeze and keep wine cold if you want. Next year we are doing a european cruise, will probably not try to bring wine because of the distance, and probably changing planes.

Barbara,

Youcan also get 12 bottle shipping boxes with the styrofoam inserts. These are the boxes you get if you buy wine online and have it shipped to you. I have received dozens of cases of wine over the years and have never had a broken bottle. If UPS and FedEx can ship these across the country without breakage, it is likely that the airlines will not break them either. We are leaving for Alaska tomorrow with our case!

...and the next thing you know they will be taking away the free ice cream ... nickels are turning into dollars ... oh how am I ever going to tip my steward .... :D

no, what they'll do is ban you bringing your own sunscreen, shampoo and conditioner and make you buy theirs at 4 x the mark up ;)

Exactly. See the list below; it's all the wines on Princess' list. While I like a couple of them, the wines I'd like to bring aboard are better.

Actually, from what I remember of prices of the wines I've had on Princess' list, their prices are better than the prices in the major-metro-area restaurants I've been to.

It's not about "saving money" for some of us, it's about selection.

CHAMPAGNE AND WINES
Champagne and Sparkling Wine
Dom Perignon (French) #2010 $117.00
Veuve Clicquot, Brut (French) #2015 $52.00
Moët & Chandon, Extra Dry (French) #2011 $48.00
Domaine Chandon, Brut (Californian) #2017 $30.00
Korbel, Rose (Californian) #2016 $27.00
Korbel, Brut (Californian) #2012 $24.00
Martini & Rossi, Asti Spumante (Italian) #2013 $24.00
White and Blush Wine
Chablis, Premier Cru (French) #2100 $38.00
Beringer, Chardonnay (Californian) #2106 $34.00
Kendall-Jackson, Chardonnay #2107 $30.00
(Californian)
Nobilo, Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand) #2108 $28.00
Caliterra, Chardonnay (Chilean) #2105 $26.00
Sylvester Kiara Reserve, Chardonnay #2104 $22.00
(Californian)
Verdicchio, Fazi-Battaglia (Italian) #2103 $24.00
Niersteiner, Gutes Domtal (German) #2109 $22.00
Woodbridge, White Zinfandel #2110 $22.00
(Californian)
Red Wine
Gevrey-Chambertin (French) #2113 $44.00
Kenwood Jack London, #2114 $41.00
Cabernet Sauvignon (Californian)
Chianti Classico Riserva (Italian) #2115 $31.00
Seghesio, Zinfandel (Californian) #2112 $30.00
Kendall-Jackson, Cabernet Sauvignon #2118 $30.00
(Californian)
Fetzer, Barrel Select Merlot (Californian) #2117 $28.00
Robert Mondavi, Pinot Noir (Californian) #2119 $28.00
Santa Carolina, Cabernet Sauvignon #2116 $24.00
(Chilean)
Valpolicella (Italian) #2111 $22.00

This is just the list of wines that you can pre-order. On board the list is more extensive.

... We are leaving for Alaska tomorrow with our case!

Obviously you anticipate that Princess WILL allow bringing on more than a bottle of wine by each of you, contrary to what some have posted is their new policy...which may or may not be enforced. :confused:

As another posted, our ticket, which is our legal and binding contract, states you are allowed to bring wine onboard. Also, so far no one has said they were stopped. We will just keep our fingers and toes crossed.:) It is our 15th anniversary and we have a special bottle of 1991 E&E Black Pepper Shiraz I picked up in Oz, I can't wait to open it!

As another posted, our ticket, which is our legal and binding contract, states you are allowed to bring wine onboard. Also, so far no one has said they were stopped. We will just keep our fingers and toes crossed.:) It is our 15th anniversary and we have a special bottle of 1991 E&E Black Pepper Shiraz I picked up in Oz, I can't wait to open it!

All the best on your 15th anniversary. With a special bottle like that, how could it be better! :D

Just one more time

The 2006 Cruise Answer book (available on line) still shows no limit to wine - I would not anticipate any issues.

You folks may want to know that this thread is being mocked to death on some other boards.

How and when do I pre-order the wine??? Barb

Barb,

You can pre-order anytime before you sail.

Just go here to see the wine list:

http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/gifts/cellars.html

Then download, complete and fax in this form:

http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/gifts/pdf/Order_Form.pdf

Or, call 1-800-PRINCESS to place your order.

Enjoy!

Believe it or not, imported wine is also sold in Canada.

:rolleyes:

However these imports are inferior to our award winning wines [worldwide]. For this reason I prefer to bring our own wines on board. john

However these imports are inferior to our award winning wines [worldwide]. For this reason I prefer to bring our own wines on board. john

What a ridiculous statement to make. I assure you we import our fair share of "Award Winning Wines". Jeezzz

What a ridiculous statement to make. I assure you we import our fair share of "Award Winning Wines". Jeezzz

Seeing that you come from Vancouver, you should be aware of how far our wines have come in the past ten years, our only problem is that we do not produce enough, since our vinyards are relatively small. The main purpose of my 'Rediculous Statement' was to point out to the previous caller that we in Canada know a little about wines. It is a crying shame that other that Ice Wine, Canadian wines seem to be noticable by their absence on cruise ships. As it stands I have only found a couple of wines on some fifteen cruises, that I have enjoyed, when considering both quality and price. As I write there are approximately ninety wineries within one hundred miles of me. john

Seeing that you come from Vancouver, you should be aware of how far our wines have come in the past ten years, our only problem is that we do not produce enough, since our vinyards are relatively small. The main purpose of my 'Rediculous Statement' was to point out to the previous caller that we in Canada know a little about wines. It is a crying shame that other that Ice Wine, Canadian wines seem to be noticable by their absence on cruise ships. As it stands I have only found a couple of wines on some fifteen cruises, that I have enjoyed, when considering both quality and price. As I write there are approximately ninety wineries within one hundred miles of me. john

My apologies, I read your statement completely backwards.

Archived