Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Does anyone know what ship Tim Kaminski a super funny comedian is on now, he was on the Jewel last Jan. we thoughly loved him,was all over the ship and very friendly.Thanks

While on the Sky last week I asked some of the entertainment staff about Tim, he's apparently gone to Hawaii on to the Pride of America.

Tim is an awesome comedian. We had him on the Sky in 2008 and it was a rocking time. The Sky used to be his home ship, I was really hoping we'd get to see him again last weekend but no luck, instead we had Rich Purpura who I found to be terribly boring and not at all funny. His routine is pretty juvenile and IMO a bad fit for what is basically a weekend booze cruise (at least for the 3 day sailings). Kaminsky fit that ship perfectly.

I hope one day we get lucky enough to catch him onboard again.

Jan 14-17, 2011 Norwegian Sky

Captain - ? no idea, never heard a single announcement from him/her

Cruise Director - Candi (worst CD we've had to date, very boring and underwhelming)

Comedian - Rich Purpura (cheasy magic comedy... I didn't find him funny at all, not a good fit for the Sky IMO)

Sounds like I had a terrible time right? Nope, had a great time despite the deficiencies in the entertainment staff. Made our own fun. That said, having been on the Sky previously with a better CD and comedian I've seen how that ship can be a rocking good time. This particular cruise felt like they selected the entertainment staff from the leftovers at the bottom of the barrel.

As of Jan 16th 2011:

Captain - Kostas Fafalios

HD - Jean-Michel Dhelin (vacation appr. 03/01-04/10, then Pearl till appr. 06/17, then ?)

CD - Sinan Ulucay (goes to Epic in April)

Concierge - Patrick Berido

Butler deck 9 - Lucky Lee

Butler deck 10 - Orlando

I hope Jean-Michel is on the Pearl for our 4/10 cruise!

Tim Kaminski is on the Pride of America eh? That's interesting. My favorite hotel director on NCL (John O'Hara) is there as well. I wonder if Tim will be moving to the Epic soon then? :cool:

Captain Konstantinos Fafalios is on the Norwegian Star. They are so blessed to have him at the helm. I missed him dearly on the Norwegian Jewel on the 1/2/11 sailing. Captain Lars was just not the same.

I think I've cruised the Jewel far too much. All the crew and staff members from 2010 became like family to me!

I hope Jean-Michel is on the Pearl for our 4/10 cruise!

Ocean...

We are on the Pearl about a month before you. Have you figured out who is sailing then (concierge, HD, F&B etc...). Doesn't matter a whole lot as our previous cruises have been outstanding but I am curious.

Thanks!

Coffeecat

Jan 14-17, 2011 Norwegian Sky

Captain - ? no idea, never heard a single announcement from him/her

Cruise Director - Candi (worst CD we've had to date, very boring and underwhelming)

Comedian - Rich Purpura (cheasy magic comedy... I didn't find him funny at all, not a good fit for the Sky IMO)

Sounds like I had a terrible time right? Nope, had a great time despite the deficiencies in the entertainment staff. Made our own fun. That said, having been on the Sky previously with a better CD and comedian I've seen how that ship can be a rocking good time. This particular cruise felt like they selected the entertainment staff from the leftovers at the bottom of the barrel.

OMG I had candi on the Sun in June.. she was really bad. Never saw her and if she was there she was not interested at all... I didnt let her lack of fun ruin my trip but I did miss the others when ever she decided to join the party...At the bingo games she would call 1/2 a game then leave and the white hot party she had such a look of "oh, sigh, anothe white hot party.. oh how fun" lol...hope jade in March will have better....

As of Jan 16th 2011:

Captain - Kostas Fafalios

HD - Jean-Michel Dhelin (vacation appr. 03/01-04/10, then Pearl till appr. 06/17, then ?)

CD - Sinan Ulucay (goes to Epic in April)

Concierge - Patrick Berido

Butler deck 9 - Lucky Lee

Butler deck 10 - Orlando

Hi, thanks for this info! We aren't on the Star again until November 27th, 2011. We had fantastic staff last spring on the star but the female concierge we had then has since left NCL and she was fantastic!!!!!! How is Patrick and will he still be there in November? Also, what is Lucky Lee like, we have an aft suite and had a good butler last time but hardly ever saw him........

Thanks!

Leah

1/1/11 Gem out of NYC

Captain - Frank Juliussen

Hotel Director - Steven Jacobson

Cruise Director - Rob Sugar

Concierge - Ruth Hagar

This was Ruth's last cruise on the Gem - She has moved to the Epic.

Butler, Room Steward, and Assistant for the courtyard, garden villa and deluxe owners suite on the starboard side: Josephine, Victorio, and David.

I met just about all of the rest of the senior staff but don't have the names on any papers we brought back. All the folks listed above I saw and spoke with almost daily - except the captain, I only ran into him twice in 10 days.

Steven is out and about all the time and great to talk to.

Rob is Mr. 'Buh-Bye' (it is his signature sign off for announcements).

If you are lucky enough to be on the starbord side of 14 or 15 you will have the best cabin team on the ship!

I guess Steven Jacobson left the Pearl and moved over to the Gem. He's nice enough superficially, but he's a bit distant and guarded if you attempt to make more than just small talk. He just does not impress me as a natural people person, but he does get out and about.

Zumbaturtle was so much fun! Your daughter re-ignited my passion for dancing on that trip. I credit her for me losing five pounds of sweat during zumba classes. Please tell her I said hello and that in my informal story about the trip I dubbed her "Zena the Zumba Zealot!" I still have my winning zumba hat on display at home. Please tell her I smile every time I see it.

(I understand Prem just returned from vacation to the Spirit. He had been on the Gem before last year).

coka

Hi Coka! Hi Zumbaturtle!

• 2 weeks later...
Jewel, departing March 20th from NYC..... for Bahamas and Orlando.

Does anybody know who the Concierge, Butlers and other staff will be?

Thanks!

Right now Adrian is the Concierge and Ravi is one of the butlers on board. I believe they'll both still be there. Ravi has been our butler in the past and he is one of THE BEST!!! I don't know what deck he is serving, though.

Archived