Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

He is on vacation and next is the Sky for Frank--information from Frank in early

Nov.

BG

Thanks BG! Really wish he was going to the Jewel in January if John isn't going back! :( Two of my favorite HDs and they're on other ships! Tempted to book a cruise on the Sky for the three day weekend when I get back from this 10-day voyage. :eek::D

I've never met him either. I was looking forward to meeting him in May.

PE

Will be sailing Spirit Jan. 30. Will let you know.

Per Bruce's statement on FB, he will not be coming back to the Spirit as concierge. Not sure if that is final or not.

Dianne

PE: I'll be glad to check for you! John and I are thinking about the 9/30 REPO on the Pearl....the AD's and A4's are already gone so we'll keep an eye on it and hope that (like the 1/9 on the Pearl) something opens up last minute.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Per Bruce's statement on FB, he will not be coming back to the Spirit as concierge. Not sure if that is final or not.

Dianne

According to friends that were on the Spirit last week, Annabelle De Michieli Vitturi will be the concierge through January then go on vacation and return in March for another contract.

PE

According to friends that were on the Spirit last week' date=' Annabelle De Michieli Vitturi will be the concierge through January then go on vacation and return in March for another contract.

PE[/color']

Since we don't sail until Jan. 30, bet she will be gone on vacation.

Dianne

Dianne

Oh dear... wonder if he's going to get on the Dawn like he told me he was hoping for in May. He loves the Boston to Bermuda runs he said and loved to be on the ship while it was overnight in BDA. Hope he gets his wish and I do hope that doesn't mean he's done with NCL completely! :eek:

:confused: :confused: I thought everyone loved Prem? PE

Haven't sailed with Prem before in over 14 cruises with NCL. Guess I've been hanging around the wrong ships.:D Dianne

I've never met him either. I was looking forward to meeting him in May. PE

Prem is an amazing HD. He is everywhere. When My Lee and I sailed on the Gem last year, we saw him at dinner time (and we ate at VARIED times) almost every night, no matter where we were. There he was, just making rounds, many times with Tony Lockett, the then Food and Beverage Director who is now on the Pearl.

Prem will generally run the Meet and Greet; take all the time you want answering your questions. Stop him in the corridors. He'll be happy to talk to you. Also, while I recommend always calling the Captain by his first name (and his first name is always "Captain"), you can address him as Prem without fear of being keelhauled, or otherwise chastised.

Prem will address any problem you should have whilst on board. In fact, to my recollection, he was the first HD to ask--nay--BEG us, the cruise critics at one of the meet and greets to tell him or any of his staff about problems you are having while you are still on board AS they happen.

Prem cannot do a THING for you if you kvetch at him on debark morning. The first thing he does is give you his handi phone number. It's the same on all the jewel class ships (and the Dawn and Star too) for the HD. Call him. He wants you to be happy. He does NOT want to read on these boards (and he or someone he knows DOES read these boards) about how your cruise sucked without being able to TRY to fix your problem.

So just as an example: if your room steward can't WAIT to go home cuz his contract is ending... if you can't get them to clean your balcony... if a waiter spills a drink in your lap--on purpose... if you're not getting your towel animal... If the spa people sold you a 75 minute massage and you only got 74 minutes.... if your waiter brought you the chicken noodle soup instead of the beef consomme and didn't fix it.... if a small child kicked you while swimming in the ADULTS ONLY POOL :eek: (my personal pet peeve)... If your cabin simply has too much space and too many wall outlets and you'd like a smaller cabin with only one plug :rolleyes:.... these are all things you can take to Prem.

Trust me, Prem is HAPPY to address any and all problems, no matter how small. I hope this makes you feel better.

And I thANk yOu:

JWK: Prem Fan

Prem is an amazing HD. He is everywhere. When My Lee and I sailed on the Gem last year, we saw him at dinner time (and we ate at VARIED times) almost every night, no matter where we were. There he was, just making rounds, many times with Tony Lockett, the then Food and Beverage Director who is now on the Pearl.

Prem will generally run the Meet and Greet; take all the time you want answering your questions. Stop him in the corridors. He'll be happy to talk to you. Also, while I recommend always calling the Captain by his first name (and his first name is always "Captain"), you can address him as Prem without fear of being keelhauled, or otherwise chastised.

Prem will address any problem you should have whilst on board. In fact, to my recollection, he was the first HD to ask--nay--BEG us, the cruise critics at one of the meet and greets to tell him or any of his staff about problems you are having while you are still on board AS they happen.

Prem cannot do a THING for you if you kvetch at him on debark morning. The first thing he does is give you his handi phone number. It's the same on all the jewel class ships (and the Dawn and Star too) for the HD. Call him. He wants you to be happy. He does NOT want to read on these boards (and he or someone he knows DOES read these boards) about how your cruise sucked without being able to TRY to fix your problem.

So just as an example: if your room steward can't WAIT to go home cuz his contract is ending... if you can't get them to clean your balcony... if a waiter spills a drink in your lap--on purpose... if you're not getting your towel animal... If the spa people sold you a 75 minute massage and you only got 74 minutes.... if your waiter brought you the chicken noodle soup instead of the beef consomme and didn't fix it.... if a small child kicked you while swimming in the ADULTS ONLY POOL :eek: (my personal pet peeve)... If your cabin simply has too much space and too many wall outlets and you'd like a smaller cabin with only one plug :rolleyes:.... these are all things you can take to Prem.

Trust me, Prem is HAPPY to address any and all problems, no matter how small. I hope this makes you feel better.

And I thANk yOu:

JWK: Prem Fan

Excellent post -- Jean-Michel Dhelan on the Star is the same type of person !!! I totally agree about letting them have a chance to correct problems when they occur rather than ranting about it after it is too late for them to correct. Thanks for posting !!!

NCL is reassigning hotel directors, food and beverage managers, etc. Any idea of who's going where?

It really does take some work keeping the scorecards updated. I'll be watching for what Planer's Edge says. He's usually pretty accurate.

It really does take some work keeping the scorecards updated. I'll be watching for what Planer's Edge says. He's usually pretty accurate.

Hi Monte....:D quick..hijack...(we are leaving on Jewel Monday..delayed from tomorrw-see other threads)

Archived