Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

So he's still there. We were on the Spirit from NOLA last January, and he had just come on. Late in the week, and very low profile. I don't think I saw him even once. And I was so looking forward to seeing him again! I keep hoping I'll run into him again soon.

You were on my daughter's cruise - the Epic in Oct. Remember Zumbaturtle? I hope you enjoyed your cruise as much as she did.

Zumbaturtle was so much fun! Your daughter re-ignited my passion for dancing on that trip. I credit her for me losing five pounds of sweat during zumba classes. Please tell her I said hello and that in my informal story about the trip I dubbed her "Zena the Zumba Zealot!" I still have my winning zumba hat on display at home. Please tell her I smile every time I see it.

(I understand Prem just returned from vacation to the Spirit. He had been on the Gem before last year).

coka

Just got a note from Anoop. He will return on February 20' date=' 2011. He is taking a little extra time due the fact that he just had a child a few days ago.

PE[/color']

Thank you for checking. Good for him he needs to be home with his new baby. I will look forward to meeting Belkys.

Just got a note from Anoop. He will return on February 20' date=' 2011. He is taking a little extra time due the fact that he just had a child a few days ago.

PE[/color']

Congrats to Anoop! Wonderful that he was able to be there for the big event. Boy or girl?:D

Will he be returning to the Dawn?

CruisinMaterial, as far as rotating staff and why, it seems every few years people do need a change - we've heard that from captains, HD's, etc. Guess it just keeps staff "fresh.":)

CruisinMaterial' date=' as far as rotating staff and why, it seems every few years people do need a change - we've heard that from captains, HD's, etc. Guess it just keeps staff "fresh.":)[/quote']

I do hope that Captain Fafalios stays with the Jewel. He's a great Captain and very much involved with the crew and passengers as well. I met him the first time in 2007 onboard the Jewel before he took his vacation. We were sailing the Greek Isles so when we got to his homeport he left but in Egypt I have a picture of him and I standing by the pier and then this past spring break cruise in March I got a fantastic picture which will be forever in my memory! :D

I really am going to miss John O'Hara though. Such a great guy!

Anyone with more information regarding the managment changes?

I've heard they now have too many hotel directors and some will be made HD Associates! A slap in the face to many; I can foresee some jumping ship!

I would question that rumor or information. NCL has not reduced the number of ships they run, so it doesn't seem logical that they would have too many HD's.

I'm sure there are a few spare Hotel Directors floating around because they do coverage of others vacations. The person that comes to mind is Frank Hassenwinkel, a great guy, and he covers the Norwegian Spirit for Prem's vacation but his home ship is the Norwegian Sky. Sometimes he'll float between the two but he always seems to be covering for someone else's vacation. He doesn't really have a home ship such as Prem with the Spirit and John O'Hara did with the Norwegian Jewel.

Those float people are extras when you think about it because if all the Hotel Directors were working then there wouldn't be any room for the extras. I do hope Frank comes to the Jewel by January if John isn't coming back! (HINT HINT HINT NCL... ;):D)

So if we're cruising on the Pearl in february, what should we expect from Jaime?

She was the CD on the Gem when we did the Greek Isles/Transatlantic. She was young, vibrant, eager to please. Not too intrusive but always out and about. Even during the storm we went through, she remained calm and made several announcements per day to help keep us informed. She has several years experience as a CD and assistant CD. Tell her Richard and Mary say "hello!".

Can't tell you who the HD will be, but Jaime de Souza will be the Pearl's CD January 23 - March 27.

Hey Mary how are U?

Trying to find out who the HD is now, wanted to see if it was Stephen Jacobsen? I'm actually trying to get in touch with Matthias but he isnt answering his personal email, and rumor is he didnt sign another contract thought Stephen might have spoken with him.

Hey Mary how are U?

Trying to find out who the HD is now, wanted to see if it was Stephen Jacobsen? I'm actually trying to get in touch with Matthias but he isnt answering his personal email, and rumor is he didnt sign another contract thought Stephen might have spoken with him.

Hi Dennise - I wish NCL would leave the assignments as they have been. It's too confusing with all the changes being made. We really have to do our homework. (Do you have a new PCC yet?)

A friend of mine who will be on the Jewel in January (hubby and I were with him last January), indicated that John O'Hara will be the Hotel Director for the ship. I haven't heard anything different.

Lynne

John O'Hara is on vacation and then going to another ship..

Current HD is Brian Waters

Archived