Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

I thought Julie Vallerotte was the Epic's Entertainment Director?

It seems as though this position changes a little more frequently on the Epic. With as many entertainment venues, and entertainers to fill them, this position would seem to be very intense and a lot work for one person.

But, the last email I received from Pedro was that he is headed to the Epic to take his turn.

PE

I thought Julie Vallerotte was the Epic's Entertainment Director?

You are correct. Julie and Simon Murray have rotated the position of Dir. of Entertainment on Epic. Simon said during the Q&A with the mgmt. staff that there are about 170 entertainers on Epic, so besides the CD position, they have an additional layer. The other ships have just CD's.

On the CD side, there have been a few so far. Last Aug. we had Silas Cooke and last month was Paul Scalley. As PE says, Pedro is there now.

You are correct. Julie and Simon Murray have rotated the position of Dir. of Entertainment on Epic. Simon said during the Q&A with the mgmt. staff that there are about 170 entertainers on Epic' date=' so besides the CD position, they have an additional layer. The other ships have just CD's.

On the CD side, there have been a few so far. Last Aug. we had Silas Cooke and last month was Paul Scalley. As PE says, Pedro is there now.[/quote']

Hi Barb, so there is a Director of Entertainment and also a CD? If so, is Pedro there as a CD or DoE?

PE

Hi Barb' date=' so there is a Director of Entertainment and also a CD? If so, is Pedro there as a CD or DoE?[/color']

PE

Hi PE,

Yup. Simon explained it's the only ship in the fleet with this extra position. I think there's formal contracts with 6 (?) companies now (NICK, Second City, Cirque Dreams, Howl at the Moon etc.) Add in bands and other entertainment, kids club, etc. and it's a big job.

You've had contact with Pedro and I haven't - I just assumed Simon was still on as DoE and Pedro would be CD since that is what he was on other ships (but then again, so were Simon & Julie originally). Maybe someone recently on Epic can confirm one way or another.

Say hi to Cynthia!

we had Silas Cooke

Insufferable guy. The only CD we've ever had whose every word regarding bingo and slots and ammolite could be clearly heard in our cabin with the TV turned off and the door shut. In fact, it was ear-shattering even with a duvet over my head or while I was standing in the shower. Lots of talk around the Jewel this week about how over the top this dude is.

He was entertainment director on Epic for the last week of Feb.

He was visible but not active or heard from.

He did come to the CC meeting

The CD on Epic takes on a different role than any other ship

Insufferable guy. The only CD we've ever had whose every word regarding bingo and slots and ammolite could be clearly heard in our cabin with the TV turned off and the door shut. In fact, it was ear-shattering even with a duvet over my head or while I was standing in the shower. Lots of talk around the Jewel this week about how over the top this dude is.

I sailed with Silas Cook for the first time in January. It was a weird experience. He is very loud over the PA system and we noticed that on the January sailing as well. Most of the announcements are in the FreeStyle daily anyway, I guess they do help the visually impaired onboard. :cool:

He was entertainment director on Epic for the last week of Feb.

He was visible but not active or heard from.

He did come to the CC meeting

The CD on Epic takes on a different role than any other ship

Ok, so I'm getting that we know who the Entertainment Director is and he is not seen.

I just read an E. Caribbean review from last week that had Paul Scally as the Cruise Director. Is he still or did someone sign on this week (3/5) and replace him?

Ok, so I'm getting that we know who the Entertainment Director is and he is not seen.

I just read an E. Caribbean review from last week that had Paul Scally as the Cruise Director. Is he still or did someone sign on this week (3/5) and replace him?

I goofed, Pedro Serra does not sign on until the 19th of this month.

PE

Thanks ya'll

Found out from the Mother Ship... aka EPIC from people sailing this week that Paul Scalley is still onboard and will be next week as well!! :D

John O'Hara is still out on the Pride of America. Rumor had it he was going to be transferring to the EPIC but didn't. :cool: So Denis Prgunda is onboard right now as the HD. :)

I will.

I will also send a note off to Pedro for clarification. I did not realize that was how the Epic was structured' date=' thanks for the info.[/color']

PE

Pedro will be joining the Epic as CD while Simon Murray will be the DOE and then Karen ????? will take over as DOE for the Europe season.

PE

Just on Spirit last week here is the line-up. Captain is Kenneth Harstrom CD is Kyle Dodson HD is Prem Concierge is Belle and our butler was Maurice.

...however, I know things can change in a matter of 6 months time. We will be on our very first NCL cruise, on the Spirit May 1st, and since I make treats (not food) for key staff, would very much like to know who's liable to be there on our dates...

BTW: we are splurging on a Penthouse suite just this once!

...however, I know things can change in a matter of 6 months time. We will be on our very first NCL cruise, on the Spirit May 1st, and since I make treats (not food) for key staff, would very much like to know who's liable to be there on our dates...

BTW: we are splurging on a Penthouse suite just this once!

Capt is Evans Hoyt, Prem is still HD, Julie was CD, Belle was our concierge but is going to the Star after her vacation, our Butler was Mansur who got off for vacation on 2/27.... that's all I can remember

Capt is Evans Hoyt, Prem is still HD, Julie was CD, Belle was our concierge but is going to the Star after her vacation, our Butler was Mansur who got off for vacation on 2/27.... that's all I can remember

We were on the Jan. 27 Spirit sailing and Capt. Hoyt said he would be leaving in March for his 6-month vacation. I'm assuming that Capt. Harstrom will replace him for the next 6 months. I know from previous sailings on the Spirit that the 2 captains seem to replace each other.

I believe Julie was just starting a new contract on the Spirit about the time of our sailing and Prem could not have been too many weeks into his contract on the Spirit at that time.

We will be back on the Spirit in about 9 months. Will see who is on the ship when we get there next time. Hard to tell.

We were told at a VIP party by an officer we've known through past sailings that it's very difficult to predict how long officers and staff will be on a given ship as corporate decisions can change personnel more often now than in previous years.

Dianne

Archived