Do you cruise with your children?

Do or have you cruised before with your children?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Do or have you cruised before with your children?

• Yes: We love sharing the cruise experience with OUR FAMILY!
    • No: We prefer a romantic couple getaway!
    • No: We don''t have any children.
    • other:

When our kids were small, our vacations consisted of going to Grandmas! (No money!!!) Now that they and our bank account have grown, we travel alone. Did my part--raised my kids--love them, but they are adults and if they want to cruise, they can earn the money for it themselves, just like we did!

Cruising is for hubby and myself to enjoy!

We took our daughter 9 on her first cruise last year. I'm glad we waited until she was older it made it much more fun for everyone :) We took her on Voyager to the Eastern Caribbean and had a great family vacation.

Kimberly

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our first AFT"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

My seven year old loves to cruise, he would rather be on a Royal Caribbean cruise than at Disney! I think a cruise is perfect for a family, because you can spend quality family time and at the same time, let them do their own thing and enjoy your time alone.

I missed the poll but we do both. We love all the ship has to offer at your finger tips. But when I'm with kids I want to expierence it as a family, do family activitiies although they do enjoy some time at Adventure ocean. My kids chose to cruise over Disney. My husband says Ive created vacation princesses.

Then we take a cruise just for us to do all adult activities.

But I will tell you as this world seems to be getting more crazy I want my kids with me when Im away so I think more family cruising will be occuring.

But i think any child would love cruising

Yes, Yes, and Yes.... we wouldn't have it any other way. Children grow too quickly, and we have such wonderful cruise memories. My children have been cruising with us since they were about 4. They are now grown up, and if we can somehow afford to continue taking them with us, we do so. We watch for specials, and switch often at the last minute to get the most for our money. We are hoping our health continues for many years along with enough income to continue cruising, but if it doesn't, what wonderful memories we all share together!!! I wouldn't trade any of the memories for a newer auto, home, or anything.

What I remember most about the times from my childhood are the few vacations we got to go on with my parents or relatives! Great times, and lots of laughs, even on vacations where everything went wrong.

My children have always appreciated what we have given them, and nothing has been just handed to them. They have had to pay their own way through college, buy their own cars (even junkers), and make due with things they had. Now that some of them are finished with college, they have come back to us and say that was the best way. "When you are writing the check, you will get an A or close to it!" They have learned to be great young men!

They have followed our rules (which there were many), and shared the good and bad with us. We considered ourselves very blessed to have been able to spend the time together that we did.

Probably more info than you wanted to know, sorry about that, but it has all worked for us!

we didn't cruise while the kids were young but now they are grown and sometimes we take them, sometimes we don't....almost harder to keep up with them now than when they were little.....i would think once they are school age is a good time to take them, the smaller ones just take so much of your time that you will miss out on alot! just my opinion.

Beverly

Love our kids. Love each other. Cruise both ways.

We left the kids with Grandma when we cruised until they were in their teens. Now we seem to alternate.

Our next cruise is a couples cruise for our anniversary.

And we have to book the subsequent cruise on board- that one may be a couples cruise as well, because I'm taking the kids to Europe next summer.

We didnt start cruising until my youngest was 15. Grandbaby will be 9 month old and we decided against taking her with us next month. Will wait til she is older when she can take care of herself or allowed in camps.

Our children were 8 and 10 when we first cruised. They are 11 and 13 now and love crusing. They have only been on the Disney cruise ships but this is to change in November they will go on the Freedom of the Seas for their first non disney cruise.

When our kids were small, our vacations consisted of going to Grandmas! (No money!!!) Now that they and our bank account have grown, we travel alone. Did my part--raised my kids--love them, but they are adults and if they want to cruise, they can earn the money for it themselves, just like we did!

Yep I hear ya and agree...we did take our 2 daughters on a cruise when they were teenagers. However now in their 20's they are not interested....they do their own thing.:)

We up to this point have not cruised with the children, as we most often cruised "pre children" and our last 3 our children were too young...but we are now booked next year since the twins will be 4 then and oldest will be 5, so they will be an easier age and can take advantage and all be together for Adventure Ocean.

Ditto!!!!!

After cruising with friends a couple of times we thought it would be fun to bring the kids - all 4 of them - We did have a lot of fun with them but we did that only once. We like to get away as a couple and they are busy with work and school. It was always difficult to get everyone together. We have booked a family cruise for this Christmas and not only are we dragging the kids - we are also bringing our mothers and our sisters and their spouses.

I guess I covered all options here.

Our kids are 15,15,12,and 11.

Sometimes we take them, most times we don't :) They have been on three cruises so far. They "guilt" us into taking them every now and then. It's just hard to let them miss school. They have averaged close to a cruise a year since we started cruising. Not bad for kids who don't have to save up the money to cruise :)

Took our son on his first cruise (our 2nd) when he was just 7 months old!

Going on his second in Oct. when he'll be 2 1/2! Loved the first one with him, and looking forward to this one even more. I have a feeling we'll be water soaked parents before the cruise is done.

OJ.

We just took my husband's 18 and 16 year old daughters with us on a southern cruise. While they seemed to enjoy themselves to some degree, between being pouty and pretty much hanging in their cabin when we were onboard, I am not willing to take them again, for any reason.

I am happy for those of y ou whose children enjoy the experience and that you are able to enjoy your children!

we do both- it is great fun to take the kids and they love it- choose that over disney as well- but some times a couple - this couple- like to cruise with just each other and other adult cruising buddies- 2 totally different vacations really- but both are wonderful!

Archived