Men in Trees

cynt

I watched, too! The show has been panned by most critics, but I liked it, too! It seems like a fun new guilty pleasure. Something fun to watch on TV while at the gym!

It did motivate me to get going with my Alaska plans, too. It portrayed some of the physical beauty of Alaska, and it also portrayed the culture in a way that made it look very attractive (and I'm not just talking about the Wilderness expert!).

I loved her line toward the end: "I am not leaving Alaska - I need to breathe!" (or something like that!)

Keep in mind that this series is filmed in Vancouver. The scenery you will be seeing in Alaska will be even better.

I read that also. They did a good job of trying to look like Alaska.

I had mixed reactions to the show. If I didn't love Alaska - I am not sure if I would like the show. I am not an Anne Heche fan.

FYI - for those with "regular" TV the pilot will be repeating on Sunday. Since there is a new one on Friday I'm going to TIVO both and then watch them in the correct order.

They're showing the pilot again Friday night right before the new episode.

you can visit while you visit Vancouver. It is on the way to Whistler.

Grouchy - do you know when (which month) they started filming the show? I didn't know if it was a year ago or this spring.

On a cruise related note - I was on the Sapphire in May and they filmed an episode of "The Biggest Loser" on the Sapphire. I will have to watch it this fall to see it.

Men in Trees will be filming one day per episode (filmed on eight-day cycles) in Squamish until December. If the filming goes over the one day schedule, they will put the cast and crew up for the night in local Squamish area hotels. Would expect remainder of the time, MIT will be shot at the studio in North Van or at selected locations around Vancouver. This is assumimg the show gets picked up. The Cheiftan Pub has been there for years and is a grubby and colourful place for a beer. What they don't show in Squamish is all the new condos and buildings that have gone in.

Still a fun place to drop in on.

The first two shows were shown here in the Yukon a couple of nights ago. That was enough for me - 2 thumbs down. Not as bad as the new Yukon-based series, A Northern Town, but far from being good.

Murray

Yukon - what did you think of "The Big White"? I have yet to check it out on DVD. It never hit the theatres here. We were up in your area about a week or two after they finished filming a few years ago. I haven't heard from anyone who has seen it.

Men in Trees will be filming one day per episode (filmed on eight-day cycles) in Squamish until December. If the filming goes over the one day schedule, they will put the cast and crew up for the night in local Squamish area hotels. Would expect remainder of the time, MIT will be shot at the studio in North Van or at selected locations around Vancouver. This is assumimg the show gets picked up. The Cheiftan Pub has been there for years and is a grubby and colourful place for a beer. What they don't show in Squamish is all the new condos and buildings that have gone in.

Still a fun place to drop in on.

Thank you!

Yukon - what did you think of "The Big White"? I have yet to check it out on DVD. It never hit the theatres here. We were up in your area about a week or two after they finished filming a few years ago. I haven't heard from anyone who has seen it.

The reviews were all so bad that I never even bothered renting it. I should, just to see what they make this area look like.

Murray

Ah, for the good old days of "Northern Exposure". It sure didn't look like Alaska, but I liked the characters, and it was fun finding all the things that "weren't" Alaskan. Of course, there was always the different scenery, the wide streets, etc., but it was fun to watch. IMHO. Nancy

While I may have been entertained with the show the first week - I will be skipping the shows from now on. Last night's show was pretty bad.

Northern Exposure - I never saw this show growing up and wish I could find it in reruns now a days.

I don't know...maybe I'm just getting old and easily amused, but my dh & I both think Men in Trees is hilarious. First show in years that we both LOL watching.

We didn't check it out because we thought it would resemble Alaska in any way and neither one of us are Anne Heche fans...we pu it on because we didn't have any expectations and didn't want to watch anything else on the 600 channels.

The scenery didn't remind us of Alaska, the people didn't remind us of any of the people we met in Alaska, but we've can't think of a single show that has ever been set in NY that we thought resembled life in NY, so it didn't surprise us, we never expected the show to resemble Alaska ;).

The characters, so far, though, are quirky enough to keep us watching a few more episodes anyway.

I think it is cute as an Alaska fan although I feel Rob Morrow as the citified and snooty Joel Fleischman was better on Northern Exposure (N.E.) as opposed to the gushy Anne Heche role. I also think that the station is trying to reprise N.E. by having M.I.T. open with the local DJ discussing the days events as Chris Stevens (John Corbett) did on N.E.

It also scares me (age-wise, that is) that someone wrote that they didn't grow up watching N.E.

Anyway, I will probably continue to watch the show.

Archived