Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Hello all,

Our group of 8 adults requires hotel in San Diego May 6 - 8, 2013 after our cruise on Celebrity Solstice. Any thoughts on when I should start bidding on priceline/hotwire and what areas I should focus on for a 3 star and above hotel in a central location for shopping and to walk around?

It has been 20+ years since my last visit to San Diego.

Any suggestions and tips would be grealy appreciated.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

That's the best I've ever seen. They never did come down for my dates, so I bid $71 and got the Doubletree. (plus taxes). I did call them the day I bid and they told me they were pretty full for New Years Eve, so I did put in a higher bid than I wanted to. Worth the extra 15 to finally put that behind me.

Good bidding..congrats!

Just got the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro - Feb 20, 2013 on Priceline for $58.00 plus $15.85 taxes & fees, total $73.85

That's the best I've ever seen. They never did come down for my dates, so I bid $71 and got the Doubletree. (plus taxes). I did call them the day I bid and they told me they were pretty full for New Years Eve, so I did put in a higher bid than I wanted to. Worth the extra 15 to finally put that behind me.

Good bidding..congrats!

To be honest with you, I nearly fell out of my chair when the bid was accepted (last year I had to bid up to $65 before I got the Crowne Plaza). I re-read it 3 times and then went online to my bank's web site to check the credit card postings. Sure enough, the Priceline posting was there. It just goes to show that things like this do happen. Maybe the hotel folks were really in the holiday spirit -- or possibly full of some holiday spirits --yesterday afternoon :).

Hello all,

Our group of 8 adults requires hotel in San Diego May 6 - 8, 2013 after our cruise on Celebrity Solstice. Any thoughts on when I should start bidding on priceline/hotwire and what areas I should focus on for a 3 star and above hotel in a central location for shopping and to walk around?

It has been 20+ years since my last visit to San Diego.

Any suggestions and tips would be grealy appreciated.

Thank you!

We're wondering the same thing but for April 2nd. We're hoping to get the Sheraton Marina at Harbor Island near the airport or the Holiday Inn across from the San Diego terminal. TIA.

Dh just booked the Holiday Inn on the Bay in San Diego via Priceline for April 2, 2013. He bid $70 for a 3 star hotel in the Harbor Island area for April 2nd with the result of Holiday Inn on the Bay across from the cruise terminal.

He had tried 4* for $95 with no luck hoping to get the Sheraton Marina at Harbor Island. We have stayed at both hotels in the past (1x Holiday Inn on the Bay, 2x Sheraton Marina). If we are recalling correctly, we paid around $100 for last April via Priceline for the Sheraton Marina and around $118 or a little more including the taxes. We were torn between which hotel we were hoping to get as the Holiday Inn on the Bay is closer to the cruise terminal and has a nice breakfast buffet and the Sheraton is a nicer hotel with a great fitness center and a Starbucks.

Today's bid resulted in the following:

Date: April 2, 2013

Number of nights: 1 (pre cruise)

Hotel: Holiday Inn on the Bay

Rating: 3 star

Area: Harbor Island

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $70

Taxes & Service Fees: $16.62

Total Price: $86.62

• 3 weeks later...

Planning way in advance. Used Priceline Express deals.

Seattle 9/12/13-9/13/13

Mayflower Park Hotel

On Express Deals: 3 star, rating of 9 or better, wifi, restaurant, business center, gym

Listed at $113

Used promo code playoffs for 10% off and got $5 insurance.

Total price: $134.38

Over $100 savings from booking w/hotel directly.

Date: November 26th, 2013

Number of nights: 1 (pre cruise)

Hotel: Hyatt Regency Long Beach

Rating: 3.5 star bid

Area: Long Beach, CA

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $73

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.73

Total Price: $91.73

Enjoy!

Kel:)

• 2 weeks later...
Planning way in advance. Used Priceline Express deals.

Seattle 9/12/13-9/13/13

Mayflower Park Hotel

On Express Deals: 3 star, rating of 9 or better, wifi, restaurant, business center, gym

Listed at $113

Used promo code playoffs for 10% off and got $5 insurance.

Total price: $134.38

Over $100 savings from booking w/hotel directly.

a dumb question! What is “Promo code playoffs”?

Been bidding every day for a hotel in San Pedro for April 5, 2013. Priceline had a special of adding $5.00 to your bid.

Bid up to 70.00 for San Pedro, added Long Beach for $72.00 and won bid for Hotel Maya. Looks like nice hotel.

Really wanted to be in San Pedro but took my chances so will make the best of it.

Been bidding every day for a hotel in San Pedro for April 5, 2013. Priceline had a special of adding $5.00 to your bid.

Bid up to 70.00 for San Pedro, added Long Beach for $72.00 and won bid for Hotel Maya. Looks like nice hotel.

Really wanted to be in San Pedro but took my chances so will make the best of it.

It is a nice hotel, have stayed there a couple of times.