Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

• 3 weeks later...

Hotwire

Long Beach Westin

10/10/12-10/13/12

$88 per night (+ taxes)

Yes, I'm sure I could've gotten it for less on PL, but I didn't want to take a chance on the Hilton or Hotel Maya. Really preferred to get the Westin & on HW I was reasonably sure that's what I would get. Still almost half of what the hotel itself is charging, so I'm happy.

Edited by RealDeal

• 2 weeks later...
Hotwire

Long Beach Westin

10/10/12-10/13/12

$88 per night (+ taxes)

Yes, I'm sure I could've gotten it for less on PL, but I didn't want to take a chance on the Hilton or Hotel Maya. Really preferred to get the Westin & on HW I was reasonably sure that's what I would get. Still almost half of what the hotel itself is charging, so I'm happy.

Sometimes it pays to hedge your bets and use the amenities listed on Hotwire to get a better idea what hotel you might get, especially if there are ones you want avoid.

Vancouver, BC - Just booked on Priceline 12/22/2011

9/10/12 - 9/12/12: 4* Opus Vancouver (Granville Entertainment District) at bid of $122 per night. Bid this area to be close in downtown pre-cruise. Plus $48.02 taxes/fees = total of $292.02 for two nights.

and

9/26/12 - 9/27/12: 4* The Westin Wall Centre (Vancouver Int'l Airport) at bid of $105 per night. Bid this area to be close to airport post-cruise. Plus $24.47 taxes/fees = total of $129.47 for one night.

Based on what I researched prior to bidding, my winning bids are higher than some other winning bids. This might be due to the length of advance time before check-in or some event that I could not find info about. We went forward because we wanted things firmed up now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 1/15/12, used Priceline for the first time and won the following bid:

Crowne Plaza - San Pedro

1 night

Check-in: Friday, March 2, 2012

Check-out: Saturday, March 3, 2012

Total cost: $82.08 (Room $65 plus $17.08 taxes & fees)

Bid for 3.5 stars in San Pedro immediate area

- Right after receiving hotel confirmation #, I called the hotel to confirm non-smoking room. Was told hotel is 100% non-smoking and hotel confirmed that a king bed was booked.

Sue from Suisun City, CA

Hotwire, 4*, Seattle, Downtown Pike Place

amenities: smoke free, fitness center, pool, business center, restaurant, hi speed internet

Sheraton

$136

Online hotel rate was $225. I am happy. This was for Sat 7/28/12, 1 night

Edited by JayinAZ
added date

Just like JayinAZ I did Hotwire. $122 for the Sheraton for June 8, 2012. Downtown-Pikes Market

Hotwire, 4*, Seattle, Downtown Pike Place

amenities: smoke free, fitness center, pool, business center, restaurant, hi speed internet

On Sheraton's website the least expensive was $179 which was nonrefundable. $215 for AAA!!! I tried Priceline but gave up when declined for $105 so I feel this is a good deal. Happy.

Just for anyone's information:

today I won the Best Western Lakeway Inn for $70 a night ... which was much less than ther $110 a night that I had booked at this same hotel on a regular reservation with AAA.

Gotta love Priceline ....

To-day Feb. 3/12 - Hilton Doubletree San Pedro $60, + $16.31 taxes/fee = $76.31 for one night, (Golden Princess to Hawaii, Feb. 15/12).

First time using Priceline bid process. Hope we don't get stuck in a broom closet! :D

Edited by Grimsby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you will ever see this, but we are going on Princess Sapphire to Alaska in July 14, 2012, by none on our thread (so far) have ever been. We are looking for an experienced Alaska cruiser to share information. Please post on our thread if you don't mind answering some novice questions!:)

Oh, we also just got a Priceline bid of $120 for Friday, July 13 in the Granville Entertainment District in Vancouver. Thanks, Judy and Dan from St. Louis

Vancouver, BC - Just booked on Priceline 12/22/2011

9/10/12 - 9/12/12: 4* Opus Vancouver (Granville Entertainment District) at bid of $122 per night. Bid this area to be close in downtown pre-cruise. Plus $48.02 taxes/fees = total of $292.02 for two nights.

and

9/26/12 - 9/27/12: 4* The Westin Wall Centre (Vancouver Int'l Airport) at bid of $105 per night. Bid this area to be close to airport post-cruise. Plus $24.47 taxes/fees = total of $129.47 for one night.

Based on what I researched prior to bidding, my winning bids are higher than some other winning bids. This might be due to the length of advance time before check-in or some event that I could not find info about. We went forward because we wanted things firmed up now.

I believe that Priceline will only guarantee a room for 2 people ... which could mean 1 double bed. Most of the newer hotels do have a queen or even 2 queens. The problem is that you will not know until you find out which hotel you have won ... and even then, it is up to the hotel as to what "bed" you will receive. If you have not checked out http://www.betterbidding.com, you might want to look at their FAQ, and also see what hotels have been won in the city that you are thinking about. I would "think" that if you were going to bid 3 1/2* - 4* you would at least have a king, or 2 queens ... but that is the risk that you run with Priceline ... not knowing. If you have 4 adults you might want to think about 2 rooms ... however, they do not guarantee connecting rooms, so this wouldn't work for children.

Have you checked out Hotwire? I think that you can put in the number of people that will be using the room ... which if it were 3 ... would at least have 2 double beds???

Good luck!!