Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

PL only guarantees double occupancy. You could be assigned a room with one double (full) sized bed without even enough room for a rolling bed.

PL will let you bid for more then one room. If you win you'll get the number or rooms you bid for, in the same hotel.

Many (most?) US hotels are non-smoking. PL is clear a non-smoking or smoking room is not guaranteed.

PL is also clear if a hotel isn't able to meet your special health needs PL will issue a refund and cancel; your reservation. This occurs if you need a handicap accessible room and one isn't available or if you require a non-smoking room, for health reasons, and one isn't available.

The Priceline bidding is only good if you do not have any needs that have to be met. As stated before they only guarrantee one room. If you are traveling with a friend or a child that you do not want to sleep with, then you could be disappointed. The other thing is they will not guarrantee a non smoking room. We didn't know this and my husband has a lung condition and he cannot bear any smoke or odors. I got a hotel room and then dialed the hotel directly to request the non smoking room and was denied. They were adamant that the only rooms they had open were smoking rooms. I called Priceline and talked to a manager and he agreed to refund the room price, which is rarely done, and since then we just book a room that we know will meet the health demands.

I just won a bid for San Pedro - Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel on Priceline:

Date: Oct. 20, 2011

No. of nights: 1

No. of rooms: 2

Hotel: Crowne Plaza

Rating: 3.5 star

Area: Downtown FT. Lauderdale

Winning bid: $72/room

Taxes and fees: $14.92/room

Total: $173.84

I completely recommend using biddingtraveler to assist with getting rooms on PriceLine!!!! Works awesome every time! :D

I just won a bid for San Pedro - Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel on Priceline:

Area: Downtown FT. Lauderdale

????????????? Los Angeles or Ft Lauderdale?

So Sorry - Los Angeles. I used one of my prior templates :)

Area: Long Beach - Los Angeles

Edited by azbeckster

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! You did great.

We were just in Seattle on a road trip and bid on Priceline in August. It looked like we would be paying over $125 a night (on Priceline) plus tax and parking of $25 or more.

I decided to use points for La Quinta on 8th Street. It had been updated and was convenient to the Space Needle and Pike Place. Parking is included. They upgraded us to a suite!

I realize most people on a cruise don't need parking, but it was great for us.

Anyway here's an article from 2007 that explains the bidding system on Priceline.

http://www.komonews.com/news/7516117.html

I know .... I know .... one time we had waited to bid until 2 months before ... and we ended up spending A LOT more. Now, I just keep watching to see where prices are. We always make a back up reservation that we can cancel ... this time is was the 2* Travelodge ... which was actually more expensive that what the bid for Embassy Suites was.

I was holding another reservation at the Arctic Club and saw someone posted their winning bid on BetterBidding, same night. Too good to pass up. My bid of $52/night won and was $66.94 including taxes. We are taking Amtrak to Vancouver early the next morning so the location is perfect.

Hope this helps someone.

Jim

I was holding another reservation at the Arctic Club and saw someone posted their winning bid on BetterBidding, same night. Too good to pass up. My bid of $52/night won and was $66.94 including taxes. We are taking Amtrak to Vancouver early the next morning so the location is perfect.

Hope this helps someone.

Jim

That is a nice hit. I have been trying to get something in downtown Seattle for 9/22 and 9/23. So far, I have been rejected up to $80 for a 3*.

• 4 weeks later...

I was also able to get Crowne Plaza for $65 on Priceline. I tried to get it lower, bid $50, rejected then bid $55 by adding Long Beach airport. I had to wait 24 hours before bidding again. This time I bid $60 and they countered at $75. I added airport for $65 and won't the Crowne Plaza.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but what criteria do I need to enter into Priceline to get the Crowne Plaza at San Pedro, location, first bid, star rating etc. Is there any danger of getting any other hotel as I really want the Crowne Plaza.

When are you informed of which hotel you have won and can you refuse the deal once the bid has been won or is binding.

Thanks.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but what criteria do I need to enter into Priceline to get the Crowne Plaza at San Pedro, location, first bid, star rating etc. Is there any danger of getting any other hotel as I really want the Crowne Plaza.

When are you informed of which hotel you have won and can you refuse the deal once the bid has been won or is binding.

Thanks.

I'm not sure of the criteria to enter re Crowne Plaza but the post above yours might be of some help. Keep in mind there is no guarantee that you will get this hotel. Perhaps someone more familiar with this hotel will come on and give you some additional tips.

Once Priceline have accepted your bid and advised you which hotel you got, you cannot refuse or change it. They will charge your credit card immediately on accepting your bid. That's the only bad thing about Priceline... you pay up front and no changes or cancellation. :(