Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

4* Westin Downtown Seattle Saturday 5/28 (holiday weekend)

$110 plus $24.23 taxes and fees - $134.23.

$25 offer more hit about $96 but ignored and used free bids up to $110.

Happy with the outcome as rack rate is $229

• 2 weeks later...

I have started watching Priceline for Vancouver hotels and see the bid for a 4* would be $124.00 plus tax a night. It is showing a rating of 90% for West Vancouver downtown including gym, pool, spa, restaurant and Internet. Does anyone know what hotels might be in this 90% recommended group? We are looking for a hotel from 9/7-9/9/11. Last year was the first time bidding. I had seen others were getting the Sutton Place, which we also got. We enjoyed the hotel, but don't want to pay RR. I will also ask the great people in the Vancouver question and answer area. I'm hoping someone else won the hotel and can give me an idea of which one it may be.

Thanks!

I have started watching Priceline for Vancouver hotels and see the bid for a 4* would be $124.00 plus tax a night. It is showing a rating of 90% for West Vancouver downtown including gym, pool, spa, restaurant and Internet. Does anyone know what hotels might be in this 90% recommended group? We are looking for a hotel from 9/7-9/9/11. Last year was the first time bidding. I had seen others were getting the Sutton Place, which we also got. We enjoyed the hotel, but don't want to pay RR. I will also ask the great people in the Vancouver question and answer area. I'm hoping someone else won the hotel and can give me an idea of which one it may be.

Thanks!

I think you mean Hotwire - not Priceline. If you go to betterbidding dot com, you can put in a request for identifying the possibilities. Note that Hotwire is generally higher than if you would use Priceline and name your own price. It's also pretty early to bid for September.

Hi Maureen,

Yes I typed Priceline but was thinking Hotwire. I had a house full, daughter and family was up for a week of spring break. I guess I shouldn't try and fit everything in after work, cooking, playing with grandchildren and posting a thread. I didn't realize just how tired I was.

I just started following Vancouver instead of Seattle last week. The price of $124 sounded good. DH would prefer the Sutton Place partly because he liked the area last year. I have to check the Sheraton to see how much further it is up Burrard Street.

Been bidding on PL for what seems like forever for Seattle 6/10-6/11. Just won:

Sheraton

$98 + $22.40 = $120.40

And the irony is that I had booked this hotel as my "backup" for around $159 (excluding taxes)...totally psyched!

• 2 weeks later...

Priceline was doing nothing for me on this day as I bid up to $80 and got nothing....this came up on Hotwire.

3.5* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Mayflower Park Hotel, $73 ... 5/13/11-5/14/11

Amenities

Smoke Free Rooms Fitness Center Restaurant(s)High-Speed Internet Access

95% liked the hotel.

Real good deal for this one night stay. Hotel web site has rooms at $199 for this night. Reviews are great for this hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

This is nice hotel located very close to the Pier. Trip Advisor reviews look very good. Orbitz for the same date wants $324/night.

Started bidding at $80, increasing my bid by $4 using the free rebid strategy until getting this hotel for $92.

Here's the details:

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$92.00

Subtotal: US$92.00

Taxes & Fees: US$22.01

Total Charges: US$114.01

Edited by DocJim

Hi DocJim,

That sounds like a great deal. I'm getting ready to bid for a hotel in Vancouver for 9/7-9/9/11, but have only used Hotwire, and only once last year. The hotwire site shows a 4* going rate of $122-123 a night for 9/7. This will be our first time bidding on Priceline. Did you start with 4* downtown and then added any other areas in the free rebid?

Mary

Winning bid for Seattle Sheraton ....

Evening of 7/25/11 ... $145 on Priceline.

Seems like a good rate .....

Hotel looks beautiful :)

Just stayed at the Sheraton and Weston recently. I preferred the Sheraton. Great location and you can walk to Pike's Market.

Mary,

I started bidding at $80 looking only for a 4 star, Priceline immediately countered and offered me a free rebid if I started at $100, that tipped me off that I was close. I started adding zones that didn't have a 4 star hotel in them raising my bid by $4 each time. Good luck with your bidding, I have used Priceline for years and have never been disappointed.

Jim

In Long Beach- Hyatt Regency Long Beach. Bid $55 to start- they countered with $70, I added the LB airport zone- bid $65 and won it. $65, $5 travel insurance(don't usually get this, but wasn't paying attention-oh well), $17.53 taxes & fees. Total $87.03

In Long Beach- Hyatt Regency Long Beach. Bid $55 to start- they countered with $70, I added the LB airport zone- bid $65 and won it. $65, $5 travel insurance(don't usually get this, but wasn't paying attention-oh well), $17.53 taxes & fees. Total $87.03

So you wound up with the Hyatt for $87 all in??? wow - awesome