Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions for bidding on post cruise hotels in San Francisco? Preferably within walking distance to wharf area? Is it too soon to bid for May 2014? Nervous about cancellations since our original cruise was cancelled and revised to disembark at S.F. Thanks for any advice!

We would like to extend our stay at the hotel we got with Priceline (Mayflower, Seattle). I tried Priceline's option to extend but unfortunately it wasn't accepted. So, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck in extending directly with the hotel, if they will give the same price paid with Priceline, if we were to ask when checking in? I guess if I were to do another bid for the extra days we're likely to get a different hotel?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We would like to extend our stay at the hotel we got with Priceline (Mayflower, Seattle). I tried Priceline's option to extend but unfortunately it wasn't accepted. So, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck in extending directly with the hotel, if they will give the same price paid with Priceline, if we were to ask when checking in? I guess if I were to do another bid for the extra days we're likely to get a different hotel?

Decided to keep bidding for the second night and we've now got The Westin, Seattle so will have to change hotels but no big deal - they upgraded to 4 star. I see Hotwire have their 4 star Pike Place for US$85 tho, so possibly could have done better!SeattleBid Date: 24th Nov 2013Date: May 17, 2014Number of nights: 1 Hotel: The WestinRating: 4 starsArea: Pike PlaceSite: PricelinePrice: $100.00Taxes & Fees: $23.60Total: US$123.60 per night

Sorry, can't seem to separate the details?!

Edited by sussanahrose

• 1 month later...
Crowne Plaza, San Pedro. $76 plus tax each for three rooms on December 28th. First bid.

Can you tell me how you submitted your bid? (star rating, area, etc.) We stayed there in April 2012 using a Priceline bid, but I can't remember what I put in to get it. Seems like I found the exact parameters on these boards. Thanks!

Can you tell me how you submitted your bid? (star rating, area, etc.) We stayed there in April 2012 using a Priceline bid, but I can't remember what I put in to get it. Seems like I found the exact parameters on these boards. Thanks!

Use the bid your own price, San Pedro, 3 1/2 stars. It will either be the Crowne Plaza or the DoubleTree, usually the CP. Good luck!

Edited by pizzalady1

Not sure if I am posting in the correct place. Please direct me if I am wrong.

Never used Priceline before and understand that there is no guarantee that you will get double beds. Just wondering if I can get feedback on everyone's experience with Seattle hotels. What hotel did you get and were you assigned a room with double beds?

I had the same concern about double beds...simply didn't see a place to request it. So, once I had my conformation number I called them and requested double beds and the Crowne Plaza made the change. Interestingly, the receptionist said "oh, I see you didn't ask for double beds" but honestly, I didn't see where to do it!

Edited by MustBCruzn

I had the same concern about double beds...simply didn't see a place to request it. So, once I had my conformation number I called them and requested double beds and the Crowne Plaza made the change. Interestingly, the receptionist said "oh, I see you didn't ask for double beds" but honestly, I didn't see where to do it!

Even if you request two beds directly with CP (as I did), you may not get the two beds. In late Oct. we checked in with many other cruisers and several people that booked with Priceline did not get the two beds. People that booked directly with CP had no problem. First time this has happened using PC.

Debr

• 3 weeks later...

Bid Date: 1/26/2014

Date: Oct 3, 2014

Number of nights: 1

Hotel: Crowne Plaza

Rating: 3.5 stars

Area: San Pedro

Site: Priceline

Price: $75

Taxes & Fees: $18.52

Total: $93.52

Bid Date: 1/26/2014

Date: Oct 18, 2014

Number of nights: 1

Hotel: Crowne Plaza

Rating: 3.5 stars

Area: San Pedro

Site: Priceline

Price: $75

Taxes & Fees: $18.52

Total: $93.52

Note: Express Deals showed $85 for 3.5 stars in San Pedro for both Oct 3 and Oct 18. Bid $65 on 1/25/2014 for Oct 3 - rejected. Bid $70 on 1/25/2014 for Oct 18 - rejected.

Has anyone stayed downtown Seattle as we are arriving 3 days pre cruise but I cant seem to get 2 rooms there started at 75 nite/room up to 130 nite 4 star min but no hits so far. Anyone have reccomendations, should I just wait until closere to sail date? Airfare a Done deal already.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Just got the Max Hotel downtown Seattle for $129.00 total May 12th one night. Was hoping for the Mayflower. Has anyone stayed there?

We stayed at the Mayflower in June 2013. Loved the hotel and especially the very convenient location. However, we did not book it on Priceline--I didn’t want to take the chance of getting one of the other hotels in the same category. We paid about $200/night--more than we like to spend, but it was worth it for the location.

Just want to report that on Feb. 7, 2014, I bid $71 (unsuccessfully) for a 3 1/2

star hotel at San Pedro, Calif. for the night of April 13, 2014. (Priceline)

Today, Feb. 9, I bid successfully at $75 and got the Crowne Plaza.

I knew from the above bids that $75 would be the best bid, but couldn’t resist the temptation to get a bigger bargain! We are happy with $75.

I appreciate this Priceline big column and hope others will keep it active.

• 1 month later...
Hi, what price should I bid for a downtown hotel in Seattle for June 2014?

Wht could be a 3.5 or 4 star?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been bidding up to $100 for May 16 in Downtown/Pike and Downtown/Seattle Center with no luck.

Got tired of it and took a hotline hotel for $200 - Hotel 1000. Choes this expensive hotel because we liked the location.

There were several 3 and 4 star available for around $150 for my date.