Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Hi

Well, after bidding 12 times on priceline for Vancouver, BC on Sept 8 for 1 night. I finally won. Got it for $120 for 3 star.

What is so strange is that I bid $120 a couple weeks ago and again 3 days ago for a 4 star hotel and it was rejected. Used free bid both times and changed it to a 3 star and it was again rejected.

I suspect that there is a conference going on, along with a festival. Plus, 4 full ships of passenagers coming and going. I guess it will be busy on this Saturday in Vancouver.

Jennifer

Hi

Well, after bidding 12 times on priceline for Vancouver, BC on Sept 8 for 1 night. I finally won. Got it for $120 for 3 star.

What is so strange is that I bid $120 a couple weeks ago and again 3 days ago for a 4 star hotel and it was rejected. Used free bid both times and changed it to a 3 star and it was again rejected.

I suspect that there is a conference going on, along with a festival. Plus, 4 full ships of passenagers coming and going. I guess it will be busy on this Saturday in Vancouver.

Jennifer

You didn't mention which hotel you got for $120???? Remember, I'm looking for 9/12-9/14?

Hi Carmen,

I am sorry. I got the Holiday inn-downtown centre on broadway. It is actually close to Granville Island, which works out great because I was planning on spending a day there.

I think the *4 hotels are going for about $140-160. I couldn't see paying that when I am only there to sleep.

Thanks

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Sheraton Seattle for $125 + taxes & service 26.89 = Total $151.89. I got this on my first try today so there might be some negotiating on the price. I had tried this price several times in June and was rejected. Maybe it doesn't pay to plan too far ahead.

Any input re: trying to get a room in Seattle for first weekend of Sept., one night, via Priceline? Is it too late to try? Any suggestions? I've never reserved w/Priceline.

Nyllas,

There were posts in this thread earlier about Seattle and Priceline. Wade through them and you might get some tips re prices. Just be particular about the city area you want to stay in and be persistent. Hotwire.com has good prices also.

Good luck

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
After one rejection, we got the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro for $65 plus tax for one night (11/25) pre-cruise. About half for the season.

Rick

I got the Crowne Plaza for $74.00 on 11-24. When I first bid I put in $57.00 but it was declined. Sometimes when you bid they will come back with a noote if you add $xx.xx more your bid will be accepted.

This is what happened this time. I read somewhere that if you hold off on this till you are cleared to bid again, you sometimes can get the room for about 1/2 the original additional money they asked for. I just did not feel like I wanted to put any more time into this so I just over paid by $8.50. to me it was worth it just so i would not have to go the next day to try again.

Would anyone know if I can specify that I need two beds in one room, and 1 king in another, if I'm bidding on 2 rooms?

We are leaving on a cruise from San Pedro on December 30/07, and I'm quite fascinated by this hotel bidding. I tried last night and my bid was rejected. I was kind of relieved because I wondered if I would just be assigned two rooms with one bed in each.

My DH and I are travelling with 2 children (hence the room with 2 beds), and another couple is travelling with us (they just need 1 bed).

I'm hoping to get the Crowne or Doubletree, but I fear all 4 of us having to share a bed:eek:.